Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

b3b9dae4-2763-42b4-b650-9378a9b341fd.jpg

Lead Dog's Kota!

Lead Dog

Let's Play...."Name that site"!

First person to correctly name that site wins!

I know! I know!

That is at STOP #1 GCT8RM

That be it! Your prize is a slightly used Dakota pickup. Pick it up after dark near Urbana ;)

I would ask a bonus question of who owns the red shed but that would be kinda difficult for everyone but me. I never did find that cache. Too much poison Ivy. Waste deep is my limit.

This is just a wild guess using the internet phonebook, but does Phil own the barn?

I've been near that cache a few times now but never found it. I will have to stop the next time I am up in that area.

Ya its Phil. The power of the internet or the hazards depending on how you look at it.

Make sure to find GCY0PP GCY0TH, both within a few miles and GCY0HD which is within walking distance of this turnaround.

Hey gunpowder , how's Mrs gunpowder doing ? Hope all is going well for her and your family !

Star

As you may know she has Multiple Myeloma, a type of blood cancer where the plasma cells mutate and start multiplying. This is bad since your white cells are plasma cells and as they are replaced by the irregular cells your immune system starts to be depleted.

She is in her week off treatments (3 on/1 off). Her treatments consist of a weekly shot of a cancer inhibitor drug and then an infusion of bone building stuff and a steroid. No chemo as of yet but these inhibitors and steroids have their own nasty side effects... headaches with this particular drug.

Her counts (plasma cells) are heading back down into the "normal" range but are still mutated/irregular. They would like the mutated cells to be undetectable (zero) which would mean a complete response to treatments.

Since she went on disability, she has been volunteering at the local elementary school in my sons 1st grade class but this week she is out with some sort of cough/respiratory thing.

I read in last nights paper that someone from Anderson died of MM on the 11th. It is a fairly rare cancer (less than 1% of all cancers) but you would be surprised of some of the famous people who have died from it, have it currently, or the numbers locally who currently have it.

Thanks for asking.

b3b9dae4-2763-42b4-b650-9378a9b341fd.jpg

Lead Dog's Kota!

Lead Dog

Let's Play...."Name that site"!

First person to correctly name that site wins!

I know! I know!

That is at STOP #1 GCT8RM

That be it! Your prize is a slightly used Dakota pickup. Pick it up after dark near Urbana :huh:

I would ask a bonus question of who owns the red shed but that would be kinda difficult for everyone but me. I never did find that cache. Too much poison Ivy. Waste deep is my limit.

Waste deep's your limit? Bah! Do you wear a non-contact jersey when geocaching? Do you know how hard it is to find that good of a patch of ivy, and go out every week to water and fertilize it? :huh:

Greetings fellow Indiana Geocachers and Geodogs!

We see all these posts for congratulating cachers for reaching smiley :huh: milestones, and that's great, but guess what? There would be no GEOCACHING IN INDIANA if it wasn't for the HIDERS...

Trickworm, of Bippus Indiana has 99 hides! he is poised to hit the big 100.

Congratulations Tricky for all those darned m&m containers hidden in the woods! Thank you for the 96 caches of yours I have found!!!

:lol::huh::huh::D

We members of the SixDogTeam would like to thank all cachers with over ten hides, and challenge the rest to get there!

Tricky's 99

I wonder what that Hoosier Peehound is up to?

He's probably just trying to get some extra special treats. I asked Lead Dog at the Meet & Eat yesterday if he was going to take home a doggie bag from the buffet for Patrick, but he didn't think the restaurant would go for it. That and something about Patrick eating too much anyway! :anitongue:

We missed you there yesterday Patrick!

Ok we have been out of the game for awhile due to my back surgery. So I just wanted to give a heads up Got Girl Scout Cookie Cache will be placed this week. While Tribal Trails Girl Scout Council said no to placing it at Camp Wildwood it will be very very close to it. During the months of Cookies it is so close if you wanted to get a box or two you could. So be on the lookout :anitongue: O and they made a badge for GeoCaching too but my daughter has to wait for it since it is for the older girls.

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader

Ok we have been out of the game for awhile due to my back surgery. So I just wanted to give a heads up Got Girl Scout Cookie Cache will be placed this week. While Tribal Trails Girl Scout Council said no to placing it at Camp Wildwood it will be very very close to it. During the months of Cookies it is so close if you wanted to get a box or two you could. So be on the lookout :laughing: O and they made a badge for GeoCaching too but my daughter has to wait for it since it is for the older girls.

A merit badge for GEOCACHING IN INDIANA? I want one I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Ok we have been out of the game for awhile due to my back surgery. So I just wanted to give a heads up Got Girl Scout Cookie Cache will be placed this week. While Tribal Trails Girl Scout Council said no to placing it at Camp Wildwood it will be very very close to it. During the months of Cookies it is so close if you wanted to get a box or two you could. So be on the lookout :laughing: O and they made a badge for GeoCaching too but my daughter has to wait for it since it is for the older girls.

That is FANTASTIC ! I wonder if the Boy Scouts have a badge for geocaching !!

Star

A merit badge for GEOCACHING IN INDIANA? I want one I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I will see about putting one in the cache just for u Patrick... hope u like pink :laughing:

Click Here to see it:

High Tech Hide & Seek

then click Girls 11-17 Interest Project Awards it is on page 7 it would not let me get u to that page direct.

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader

:unsure:

I will see about putting one in the cache just for u Patrick... hope u like pink :blink:

Click Here to see it:

High Tech Hide & Seek

then click Girls 11-17 Interest Project Awards it is on page 7 it would not let me get u to that page direct.

It wouldn't let me copy the patch either. What's with all the pink and purple? I think I am a Girl Scout and I've found over 350 caches, so I should have earned the patch!!! :):D;)

:unsure:

I will see about putting one in the cache just for u Patrick... hope u like pink :blink:

Click Here to see it:

High Tech Hide & Seek

It wouldn't let me copy the patch either. What's with all the pink and purple? I think I am a Girl Scout and I've found over 350 caches, so I should have earned the patch!!! :):D;)

I don't think they've organized the Neuter Scouts yet.

Besides, where would you wear the patch?

:cry:

I will see about putting one in the cache just for u Patrick... hope u like pink :cry:

Click Here to see it:

High Tech Hide & Seek

It wouldn't let me copy the patch either. What's with all the pink and purple? I think I am a Girl Scout and I've found over 350 caches, so I should have earned the patch!!! B)B):cry:

Is that Bacon I hear sizzling in the pan? I can smell it now..I want mine crispy! Mmmm Mmmm

The only thing I like better than Bacon is Ham!!! :cry::D:cry:

Wait...Why does my avatar say PEEHOUND!!???

:cry:

I will see about putting one in the cache just for u Patrick... hope u like pink :cry:

Click Here to see it:

High Tech Hide & Seek

It wouldn't let me copy the patch either. What's with all the pink and purple? I think I am a Girl Scout and I've found over 350 caches, so I should have earned the patch!!! :cry::cry::cry:

6bfc691d-1332-4af5-9614-c379fd9adb34.jpg

Earthdog Patrick's on the Patch now?

Hey Lead Dog!

Saw your mug on the www.geocaching.com homepage. It was one of the random photos you get up at the top. (I don't know if that's a recent addition or not, so I thought I'd mention it) B)

Team A.C.E. (Sparkeeeee)

Yes, several people have mentioned that. I didn't see it, but apparently it was a photo taken by Che K, and I have to sign a release on all her photos, they are copyrighted. And of course, I don't own my image anymore since the recent court battle. All my extant poetry, patents, and images are owned by my former agents, and they are very strict about licensing. Candid crowd photos in public of course are not covered--I sure hope Groundspeak doesn't get in trouble for it--but I doubt if there's a screenshot anywhere--anyway, it makes no nevermind to me.

Patrick and I are in training for Doug Smiley's Westwood Trailmix this saturday, which will undoubtedly be a memorable adventure in GEOCACHING IN INDIANA, especially since Doobies will be there... :D