Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

CONGRATULATIONS to Rupert2 for reaching 8,000 finds and Che K for reaching 900.

And this thread also hit a milestone: 3,000 replies and 50,000 views....

Wait a tick...

8,000 finds is a bit high for me. Let's try 700 instead.

Thanks Lead Dog!

Well I dont think it was exactally a tick , but you know that Rick he can be Tricky!!

:ph34r::ph34r::blink:

Star

CONGRATULATIONS to Rupert2 for reaching 8,000 finds and Che K for reaching 900.

And this thread also hit a milestone: 3,000 replies and 50,000 views....

Wait a tick...

8,000 finds is a bit high for me. Let's try 700 instead.

Thanks Lead Dog!

Well I dont think it was exactally a tick , but you know that Rick he can be Tricky!!

:blink::ph34r::ph34r:

Star

He's a geocacher, not a mathemetician.

We hit and surpassed Our measily 100th cache find today on our way back from early Christmas get together with granny before they head south for the winter.

Always new Lagro had some sort of purpose. Just had to figure out what it was for. Guess it was #100 & #101 :D

Edited by gunpowder

It was a great weekend to be in Southern Indiana. The weather was fabulous. The trees were marvelous. The caches were stupendous. Too bad we were something like the fourth or fifth to visit caches that have been out there for over a year. They were top notch hides in great locations.

We also found four wineries on the Indiana Uplands Wine Trail and got 20 more counties marked off of our Indiana Map. If only we'd had time to hit Knox. That's going to be a long drive again. 26 more for me. 27 more for girlgeek. Hopefully we can finish them by the end of the year or in January. I'd love to find #1400 with my 92nd county and then celebrate at Turtle Run Winery to finish the wine trail. But two out of three would be fine with us.

I went caching in Michigan yesterday, should have cached in Indiana. I was looking for one particular cache in Fernwood Botanical Gardens for about 45 minutes with another cacher when I realized that not only could I not find the cache, but I couldn't find my car keys!!!

I immediately went into a mild panic when I realized that my keys were probably under the fallen leaves somewhere along the nearly three miles of trails we had walked that day. Looked for about 45 minutes by backtracking then decided to head back to my car just in case they were dropped nearby.

To my relief, I had left them in the ignition, but the van's doors were locked and the place was going to be closing in about an hour. The cacher I was with, who I had only met yesterday, was nice enough to stop caching and help me out. He drove me all the way back to my house to get my spare keys (I had to break into my own house to get in) then drove me back to Fernwood, about 30 miles round trip!

You really do meet the nicest people who share this crazy hobby! Thanks PungoPaddler!

We hit and surpassed Our measily 100th cache find today on our way back from early Christmas get together with granny before they head south for the winter.

Always new Lagro had some sort of purpose. Just had to figure out what it was for. Guess it was #100 & #101 :laughing:

Lagro is home to the premier scenery cache in North Indiana, the HANGING ROCK cache , and gateway to Patrick's Waterfalls Series... :laughing:

Always new Lagro had some sort of purpose. Just had to figure out what it was for. Guess it was #100 & #101 :laughing:

Lagro is home to the premier scenery cache in North Indiana, the HANGING ROCK cache , and gateway to Patrick's Waterfalls Series... :laughing:

Already found the Hanging rock cache. Mr. Incredible was there at the same time and I thought he was going to jump. I kept reminding him he "really" wasn't Mr. Incredable. Haven't done the waterfalls but probably involves significant walking which is not possable for some of the team.

Geocached in Indiana yesterday, around kokomo. Ran into lead dog and chek at one of the caches and then found several more with them before they had to return home. Great caching with them. 4 cachers sure did make the caches get found quickly!

Doug is too modest to tell you that he hit 1500 yesterday and Doobies hit 2800!!! Congrats, guys! You are swesome cachers!! :laughing:

Long time lurker, first time poster.....

Ok, so weekend after next I will be down at Springhill Camp (just west of Seymore) for a mens retreat. We have some quality "free time" to either paintball, zipline, sleep, etc... What I figured was quality caching of course!

Is there anyone around here, I know your here so don't run and hide, that is pretty fimiliar with the caches in and around 38°58'36.20"N 86° 6'2.23"W ? I have a couple hours and want to try and will have some first timer's. I too am not an expert but want to make this a fun time.....

Ok, so weekend after next I will be down at Springhill Camp (just west of Seymore) for a mens retreat. We have some quality "free time" to either paintball, zipline, sleep, etc... What I figured was quality caching of course!

Is there anyone around here, I know your here so don't run and hide, that is pretty fimiliar with the caches in and around 38°58'36.20"N 86° 6'2.23"W ? I have a couple hours and want to try and will have some first timer's. I too am not an expert but want to make this a fun time.....

Welcome upward !!

Glad you said hello , we are more in the N41 area so we unfortunatly are not able to help you much .

However I am sure there are other INDIANA geocachers that will be able to give you some advise on great caches in the southern part of our state !

Star

One new Tigger cache Published ... one more just waiting to be ... both in the same Park !

Rockin Robin Reborn

Lets Get Up and Bounce Again

The other got tied up but I suspect it will be available very shortly .

These two are in a County Park this time with permission and NO FEES !! :blink::unsure:

Star

Edited by Team Tigger International

In the Fishers area, there have been at least two caches (and ammo cans, at that!) muggled in the past week.

In both cases, the person muggling the cache was kind(?) enough to log his/her find:

"Took metal box, left nothing."

The two caches I know of are In Case of Emergency, Find Cache and Cheeney Creek Park.

Is this happening in any other areas?

And if anyone's that hard up for an ammo can, I know 4damFam just bought 50--I'm sure he'd cut a deal.

Welcome upward !!

Glad you said hello , we are more in the N41 area so we unfortunatly are not able to help you much .

However I am sure there are other INDIANA geocachers that will be able to give you some advise on great caches in the southern part of our state !

Star

Thanks Star. I too am in the N41 area and am hooked. The people around me just don't understand.....

I will do some research on the area. I just don't want to have to spend all my time to find 1 cache. If I were alone, or with others who understood, I would not care but with rookies I want them to get hooked like me!

I read that and nearly snorted adult beverage through my nose.

I know it's wrong, but the log itself struck me as hilarious. (Must be my warped sense of humor)

Sparkeeeee/Team Ace

P.S. My very first post in the forums, so be gentle. Thanks for the nice event Celtic and Strohem!

Edited by sparkeeeee

I know it's wrong, but the log itself struck me as hilarious. (Must be my warped sense of humor)

Sparkeeeee/Team Ace

P.S. My very first post in the forums, so be gentle. Thanks for the nice event Celtic and Strohem!

Testing for avatar...1...2....3.....ummmmm.......no avatar...and now I can't delete the post?

I've been away from forums to long. Must get used to new board. Sorry!

Sparkeeeee (Team Ace)

Edited by sparkeeeee

Sparkeeeee/Team Ace

Testing for avatar...1...2....3.....ummmmm.......no avatar...and now I can't delete the post?

I've been away from forums to long. Must get used to new board. Sorry!

Sparkeeeee (Team Ace)

icanseeyouravatar! :laughing:

Doug is too modest to tell you that he hit 1500 yesterday and Doobies hit 2800!!! Congrats, guys! You are swesome cachers!! :rolleyes:

B) Way to go Doug & Doobies!! :(

Congrats to both of you. Hope to see you both next weekend!

See you at the trailmix! Actually i think it's farther for us than it is you.

The took metal box log also struck me as funny.

Doug is too modest to tell you that he hit 1500 yesterday and Doobies hit 2800!!! Congrats, guys! You are swesome cachers!! :rolleyes:

B) Way to go Doug & Doobies!! :(

I wanna go.

Stoopid work-'cause-I-don't-wanna-sleep-under-a-bridge-and-fight-pigeons-for-french-fries-dropped-in-the-street thingy.

Doug is too modest to tell you that he hit 1500 yesterday and Doobies hit 2800!!! Congrats, guys! You are swesome cachers!! :o

:unsure: Way to go Doug & Doobies!! :mad:

I wanna go.

Stoopid work-'cause-I-don't-wanna-sleep-under-a-bridge-and-fight-pigeons-for-french-fries-dropped-in-the-street thingy.

TORRY! Don't you know that you use the fries to lure the pigeons close enuff to catch them? I can send you some great recipes geared towards roasting pigeons over an open fire. It only takes three of them to fill you up...they taste like greasy chicken, but make sure you cook them THOROUGHLY.

In the Fishers area, there have been at least two caches (and ammo cans, at that!) muggled in the past week.

In both cases, the person muggling the cache was kind(?) enough to log his/her find:

The two caches I know of are In Case of Emergency, Find Cache and Cheeney Creek Park.

Is this happening in any other areas?

And if anyone's that hard up for an ammo can, I know 4damFam just bought 50--I'm sure he'd cut a deal.

Looks like 4damfam's cheeney creek park got stolen again after being replaced. :laughing:

Well my favorite veteran would definately have to be my daddy (Vietnam)...and then my grandpa (God rest his soul served in WWII). But LeadDog you're definately in my top 20 darling!! :huh:

My Grandma's B-day is tomorrow, my Grandpa had a thing for woman born on Veteran holidays....my Dad's mom was born on Independence day and my current Grandma was born on Veterans Day, and his first wife (Who sent him a dear John letter when he was at war) was born on Memorial Day...

But anyways back to the subject at hand...*BIG HUGS* :blink::blink::huh: