Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

OK, so who all is coming down this way for WINDY ROCK? It's in Kentucky, but it's put on by Hoosiers and we're all welcome. Last year was a blast!

Torry, can you make it this year? Any of you other "northerly" folk gonna wander down that way?

I am getting excited. I took the day off work so I can make it down there at a reasonable hour Friday. Chris is bringing his acoustic bass and I might bring along my guitar too. Sing around the camp fire and all that. Big ol bon fire on a chilly night. I am sooooo up for it.

Can someone call in sick for me B)B)

Hello? Is this Torry's boss? Torry won't be in to work this weekend. He is really under the weather. It's just terrible. Thanks! We knew you would understand. And oh yeah, you should pay him anyway just because he is such a nice guy.

Can someone call in sick for me B)B)

Hello? Is this Torry's boss? Torry won't be in to work this weekend. He is really under the weather. It's just terrible. Thanks! We knew you would understand. And oh yeah, you should pay him anyway just because he is such a nice guy.

Thanks .. but it was the sun-lover who needed the call.

How late will things be going?

There is no geocaching event this year but if anyone is interested and looking for something to do, Potawatomi Wildlife Park is holding a Fall Gathering event this Saturday Oct. 14th from 10am to 2PM.

Event includes tour wagon tours of the park, speakers on wildlife rehab, local Potawatomi Indian village history, and saving the American Chestnut, kids activity tent, solar observing and radio telescope demonstration, unveiling of our new "final bout" full body locked bucks taxidermy display (13 & 16 pointers), and canoe ($) and powerparachute rides ($) (weather permitting) and food.

Entry is free.

I would have liked to have had a geocaching part to the event but at least there are 11 geocaches in and around the park for your enjoyment.

We are thinking of maybe a spring geocaching event.

www.getintonature.com

for directions

OK, so who all is coming down this way for WINDY ROCK? It's in Kentucky, but it's put on by Hoosiers and we're all welcome. Last year was a blast!

Torry, can you make it this year? Any of you other "northerly" folk gonna wander down that way?

I am getting excited. I took the day off work so I can make it down there at a reasonable hour Friday. Chris is bringing his acoustic bass and I might bring along my guitar too. Sing around the camp fire and all that. Big ol bon fire on a chilly night. I am sooooo up for it.

This event sounds great! But Lead Dog says his limit is 213 miles and this is 213.1 miles away for us and that's as the buzzard soars. BTW, what's a "wennie roast"? sounds kinky! Torry?B)

There is no geocaching event this year but if anyone is interested and looking for something to do, Potawatomi Wildlife Park is holding a Fall Gathering event this Saturday Oct. 14th from 10am to 2PM.

Event includes tour wagon tours of the park, speakers on wildlife rehab, local Potawatomi Indian village history, and saving the American Chestnut, kids activity tent, solar observing and radio telescope demonstration, unveiling of our new "final bout" full body locked bucks taxidermy display (13 & 16 pointers), and canoe ($) and powerparachute rides ($) (weather permitting) and food.

Entry is free.

I would have liked to have had a geocaching part to the event but at least there are 11 geocaches in and around the park for your enjoyment.

www.getintonature.com

for directions

That sounds like a really great time , and much more "doable" for Tiggers then a trip to KY, even though the Windy Rock event does sound like a lot of fun !

Star

I have a question for you all .... I was just wondering what everyone considered signifigant milestones ?

There seems to be a growing trend that it is ever 100 caches found . What are your thoughts on the matter ?

*notes I am gonna have a really hard time keeping up with them all , considering all the dear cachers that I feel close enough to to follow *

Star

I have a question for you all .... I was just wondering what everyone considered signifigant milestones ?

There seems to be a growing trend that it is ever 100 caches found . What are your thoughts on the matter ?

*notes I am gonna have a really hard time keeping up with them all , considering all the dear cachers that I feel close enough to to follow *

Star

We thought every hundred was until we got to 500 then we didn't really think to much about it because we were trying to get to a 1000. After 1000 I think every 500 or 1000 would be a Significant Milestone.

Justin

Star

We thought every hundred was until we got to 500 then we didn't really think to much about it because we were trying to get to a 1000. After 1000 I think every 500 or 1000 would be a Significant Milestone.

Justin

Thanks for your input Justin ! Anyone else with some ideas to this subject ?

Entry is free.

www.getintonature.com

for directions

For those of us that are very interested in this event this weekend , how will we know you gunpowder ?

I would hate to come to this Wonderful Park (yes we have been to it a couple times before , once for a geocaching event) and miss saying Hello to you !

Star

This event sounds great! But Lead Dog says his limit is 213 miles and this is 213.1 miles away for us and that's as the buzzard soars. BTW, what's a "wennie roast"? sounds kinky! Torry?:)

I know a shortcut, if you want to shave off that other tenth of a mile. I started to say something about the wennie roast, too, and figured I didn't need to know! Looks like it's gonna be great camping out weather and fantastic bonfire weather. Where are my wool socks, anyway?

[

how will we know you gunpowder ?

Star

I believe I was standing right next to you at Salamonie Dam. :)

I am the one who looks like he would rather be out geocaching? :)

Look for an ugly dude with a beard. Hopefully there will be a good crowd attending so I won't stick out. Ask around for Mike the Executive Director.

Wildrumpus will be around too. She is a board member. She was passing her log books from her archived park caches around the table tonight at our Park board meeting for all to read the logs.

Star

Justin

Thanks for your input Justin ! Anyone else with some ideas to this subject ?

We kept track of each 100 up to 1000 and now are going to every 500 for our milestones.

{Look for an ugly dude with a beard. Hopefully there will be a good crowd attending so I won't stick out. Ask around for Mike the Executive Director. }

Yeah, what he said <_<

I may be able to make it but I am getting ready for a big western geocaching trip to Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada so don't know if I will have time to come down for the day.

Have fun.

Edited by Mr. TSP

I may be able to make it but I am getting ready for a big western geocaching trip to Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada so don't know if I will have time to come down for the day.

I made that trip last year and was fortunate enough to get some GREAT advice from DHobby1 and Cachew Nuts. These two caches alone will make your trip worthwile!

Bloomington Overlook

Temple Quarry

If you do Temple Quarry follow the signs to the St. George Municipal Airport rather than your GPS. The trail begins in the parking lot.

Have a GREAT trip!

I made that trip last year and was fortunate enough to get some GREAT advice from DHobby1 and Cachew Nuts. These two caches alone will make your trip worthwile!

Bloomington Overlook

Temple Quarry

If you do Temple Quarry follow the signs to the St. George Municipal Airport rather than your GPS. The trail begins in the parking lot.

Have a GREAT trip!

Thanks for the info. I did have Bloomington Overlook bookmarked already as I will be in the St. George area for a day or so but I will certainly have to go after the other one too.

Can't wait to get out of cold and snowy South Bend! <_<

Edited by Mr. TSP

Entry is free.

www.getintonature.com

for directions

With any luck, we will hopefully be able to make it over to this. It will probably end up being closer to 11am before we arrive though. Hope we don't miss anyone.

Ok, so now we're really torn about what to do on Saturday as I just found out about a grand opening ceremony where one of our caches is located. For anyone interested its (GCY7Q5):

For anyone that ventures out to Evergreen on Saturday, the City Parks Dept. is holding their Grand Opening ceremonies for the pathway and playground that are out there. The local newspaper is actually calling the event....."A Hidden Treasure"...Do you think that someone in the Park Dept. may be a geocacher??? Anyway, here is the list of activities and the times for each:

Saturday, October 14

10-11am

Laddder Golf

Corn Hole

Frisbee

Football

Soccer

11-11:30am

Interpretive Talk (Marvin McNew)

11:30-11:45am

Grand Opening Ceremony/Ribbon Cutting

11:45-12:15pm

People can try out the new path, mingle, or go back to playing backyard games

12:15-1pm

Free Lunch (Hot dogs, chips, water/pop, cookies)

It sounds like a great time! I'm torn between staying here to attend this event or go geocaching. What a dilema. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Ok, so now we're really torn about what to do on Saturday as I just found out about a grand opening ceremony where one of our caches is located. For anyone interested its (GCY7Q5):

For anyone that ventures out to Evergreen on Saturday, the City Parks Dept. is holding their Grand Opening ceremonies for the pathway and playground that are out there. The local newspaper is actually calling the event....."A Hidden Treasure"...Do you think that someone in the Park Dept. may be a geocacher??? Anyway, here is the list of activities and the times for each:

Saturday, October 14

10-11am

Laddder Golf

Corn Hole

Frisbee

Football

Soccer

11-11:30am

Interpretive Talk (Marvin McNew)

11:30-11:45am

Grand Opening Ceremony/Ribbon Cutting

11:45-12:15pm

People can try out the new path, mingle, or go back to playing backyard games

12:15-1pm

Free Lunch (Hot dogs, chips, water/pop, cookies)

It sounds like a great time! I'm torn between staying here to attend this event or go geocaching. What a dilema. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Oh, boy! Hotdogs! We'll be there!! We can recommend Are_we_there_ yet?'s cache here very highly. It just may be one of the cleverest hides in Northeast Indiana...

CLICK HERE FORDREAMERS CACHE :laughing:;)

We went GEOCACHING in INDIANA on Saturday !!!

We had 8 finds and 2 DNF's not bad . The PWPark is one of the finest in the state of Indiana and I always loved to have a reason to revisit it .

We even got to meet the Gunpowder Gang , The children were very concerned that we found all the caches that they helped place . It was a pleasure to talk to Mrs and Mr Gunpowder . We even managed to introduce a couple of new people to the sport as well. !

Star

I went GEOCACHING in INDIANA very briefly this weekend. We had some friends visiting from Illinois and they wanted to know what geocaching was all about. I took them to 4 caches (3 of which I had already found) and let them find them. Two of the four caches were at covered bridges in Rush County. They had never seen active covered bridges so they were very impressed.

They plan to get a GPS as soon as possible so they can start caching!

Geocaching in INdiana must be keeping people really busy !

Even in the rain ?

I'm busy trying to do maintnenance. Maybe this weekend. My caching may be done for awhile. Wife just got the call yesterday that her cancer is back. Treatments start next week.

So sorry to hear that Gunpowder Family .. You are in our thoughts and prayers . If there is anything at all we can do to help out , just let us know !

Star

Geocaching in INdiana must be keeping people really busy !

Even in the rain ?

I'm busy trying to do maintnenance. Maybe this weekend. My caching may be done for awhile. Wife just got the call yesterday that her cancer is back. Treatments start next week.

So sorry to hear that Gunpowder Family .. You are in our thoughts and prayers . If there is anything at all we can do to help out , just let us know !

Star

DITTO FROM THE DOGYARD...

NEI-GEO, the premier GEOCACHING IN InDIANA group(Other than BAGO) held their monthly Meat and Eat in Warsaw yesterday at Mad Anthony's Brew Pub. Thanks to Lord Elwood and Buddaman (What's a Budda?) for hosting this event. Glad to see some new faces! November's Meet will be in Huntington, Indiana, USA and Club T-Shirts will be available, at a very modest price(Less than US$100.00) :yikes::huh::o

Not sure which cache but While hiking in Potato Creek Saturday I came across some geocache items including team Shydog card and Dikndi card on the north side of the lake south of the nature center.

I am sure the owner will eventually figure it out but a cache had been muggled there.

I think that might be the 2003 SPRING PICNIC CACHE GCG6TK. Was it along an old road? I'm not sure how often the owners actually get out there, but I'll try to check on it next time I'm out there.

Girlgeek and I are heading south for the weekend. Hopefully we'll add 25 or 30 counties in INDIANA to our INDIANA GEOCACHING COUNTY MAP on the wall behind me. Hopefully I can time the 92nd county with my 1400th find. That will be in December, probably.

Oh, and I'm leading a tour in Morgan-Monroe next weekend. Dinner at Janko's in Bloomington Saturday night.

Girlgeek and I are heading south for the weekend. Hopefully we'll add 25 or 30 counties in INDIANA to our INDIANA GEOCACHING COUNTY MAP on the wall behind me. Hopefully I can time the 92nd county with my 1400th find. That will be in December, probably.

Oh, and I'm leading a tour in Morgan-Monroe next weekend. Dinner at Janko's in Bloomington Saturday night.

Mmmm.....Zagreb's...best ribeye I have ever had!

I'll be tackling the caches in Fort Harrison State park this weekend, as well as attending the event there. Lots of hiking to be done there, including a 1.5 mile round trip trek for a single cache. As for this week, mostly uneventful local caching for me. Did go to Kokomo and purchase 40 ammo cans earlier this week.

Who's going GEOCACHING in INDIANA this WEEKEND ! ?????

Star

With any luck on Saturday we are going to head over to Purdue to assist a TB in completing 1/4 of its current mission, and then head over to Kokomo for a Halloween Event for the kids to enjoy. (OK, so we'll enjoy it too!) Sunday, we will probably go caching again, but I don't have a particular route planned as of yet.

I'll be tackling the caches in Fort Harrison State park this weekend, as well as attending the event there. Lots of hiking to be done there, including a 1.5 mile round trip trek for a single cache. As for this week, mostly uneventful local caching for me. Did go to Kokomo and purchase 40 ammo cans earlier this week.

dougsmiley, where did you get the cans and how much were they? We may have to invest in some.