Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I noticed that our friends in Michigan have been putting our a few more Michigan Spirit Quests !

One is in a small town , known as Colon MI. My Grandparents once owned and operatered a small Cafe there known as the M & M Grill . They just loved the yearly convention of Magic People .

For those of you that do not know it . It is also the home town of Harry Blackstone Jr. and is known as the Magic Capitol of the World !!

Very cool and thank you Wolverine Warriors !!

Star

I thought that was the town that downsized. Isn't it now known as semi-Colon, MI?

Seriously though, what part of the state is that in? I go up to the South Haven area on Lake Michigan quite a bit. I just got my friends up there into geocaching.

Colon, Michigan is kinda sorta near Sturgis. Not anywhere near South Haven unfortunately.

And Team Tigger, you forgot about the original Colon magician. . .Percy Abbott. The high school mascot is even the Colon Magi.

I'll have to be sure and check these caches out someday. My father is originally from Colon, and I still have two aunts and 2 cousins who live there. My grandmother was one of 16 kids so I also have lots and lots extended family there. I always say half the town is related to me or related to someone related to me. My grandmother was one of the Deckers that Decker Road was named after.

Oh, and keeping with the thread's topic. . . . geocaching in Colon, Michigan is a lot like geocaching in Indiana!!!

I noticed that our friends in Michigan have been putting our a few more Michigan Spirit Quests !

One is in a small town , known as Colon MI. My Grandparents once owned and operatered a small Cafe there known as the M & M Grill . They just loved the yearly convention of Magic People .

For those of you that do not know it . It is also the home town of Harry Blackstone Jr. and is known as the Magic Capitol of the World !!

Very cool and thank you Wolverine Warriors !!

Star

Well your very welcome, but I believe the thanks goes to you guys and some of our other Indiana geocaching friends for talking us into starting the Spirit Quest in Michigan. We now have five caching teams doing them in Michigan. Two which just joined in the last two weeks. Keep your eyes out for more MSQ's to come, they are starting to catch on. My Grandfather was a Magician and knew Harry Blackstone Sr. and my father has his magic trunk and all of his props. So I have been wanting to place this cache for awhile. Yes, Team Tigger, Colon was the home of Harry Blackstone Sr. and the Hometown of Harry Blackstone Jr. and was where Percy Abbott made his home after he was invited to Harry Blackstone's house for the summer. Percy and Harry Sr. started a magic shop, but after a disagreement with the business Harry Sr. left the business and Percy Abbott took over and Abbott's magic store is what really put Colon on the map as the Magic Capitol of the World. Magicians gather here every summer and perform to this day.

Well your very welcome, but I believe the thanks goes to you guys and some of our other Indiana geocaching friends for talking us into starting the Spirit Quest in Michigan. We now have five caching teams doing them in Michigan. Two which just joined in the last two weeks. Keep your eyes out for more MSQ's to come, they are starting to catch on. My Grandfather was a Magician and knew Harry Blackstone Sr. and my father has his magic trunk and all of his props. So I have been wanting to place this cache for awhile. Yes, Team Tigger, Colon was the home of Harry Blackstone Sr. and the Hometown of Harry Blackstone Jr. and was where Percy Abbott made his home after he was invited to Harry Blackstone's house for the summer. Percy and Harry Sr. started a magic shop, but after a disagreement with the business Harry Sr. left the business and Percy Abbott took over and Abbott's magic store is what really put Colon on the map as the Magic Capitol of the World. Magicians gather here every summer and perform to this day.

Wow! And I thought Alley Cat was the smart one in the family!! :laughing:

OH NO, I am going to get beat down for that comment the next time the WW's are Geocaching In Indiana :laughing:

Wow! And I thought Alley Cat was the smart one in the family!! :wub:

OH NO, I am going to get beat down for that comment the next time the WW's are Geocaching In Indiana :wub:

Oh you are so sneaky!!! :wub: You spend the whole day with us at Pokagon and I get home and read this little comment. You better watch out for Heather the next time we see you, she has a mean kick just ask Mark. B)

Any ISQs, er MSQs, at South Colon Cemetery? That's where my grandparents as well as several great aunts and uncles are buried. Kind of out of the middle of nowhere if I'm remembering it right.

There is a cache container placed there we just got done doing some research and havent typed it up yet. We would let you do it if you would like or send us some info. on your grandparents and we will put that in the cache page also. E-mail us through Gc.Com and let us know.

Justin

Where have all the INDIANA GEOCACHERS been hiding ... besides at the PCC ... !

Hey were right here and we missed you guys Saturday. Ali Kat felt all alone with all the Wolverines and Dogs at the event she would have liked haveing a Tigger there. :lol:

She sure was awful cute. :lol:

IM000131.jpg

Was that on the buffet?

Where have all the INDIANA GEOCACHERS been hiding ... besides at the PCC ... !

Hey were right here and we missed you guys Saturday. Ali Kat felt all alone with all the Wolverines and Dogs at the event she would have liked haveing a Tigger there. :rolleyes:

She sure was awful cute. :)

IM000131.jpg

Was that on the buffet?

Only for a minute when her mom set her down to get a scoop of that chili on the end. (Priorities, you know?)

Between football games, and geocaching events, and kids....I don't know what a weekend is anymore. I think we might just chill out around the house, but I never know for sure...espcially since we cached yesterday and are planning on making a run for Fort Wayne today. But Ali Kat and I are nursing colds so we probably won't be going out too much... even though I HAD to drag her out in the cold last night cause mama elephant from the Herd left her keys in Justin's car yesterday. She'd forget her head if it wasn't attached.

Between football games, and geocaching events, and kids....I don't know what a weekend is anymore. I think we might just chill out around the house, but I never know for sure...espcially since we cached yesterday and are planning on making a run for Fort Wayne today. But Ali Kat and I are nursing colds so we probably won't be going out too much... even though I HAD to drag her out in the cold last night cause mama elephant from the Herd left her keys in Justin's car yesterday. She'd forget her head if it wasn't attached.

Huh..huh HUMMMMMMM.....

Ok, so I left them in the car. Wasn't my fault I was in SUCH a hurry to get away from him.... wolverines scare elephants!!!! And noone ASKED you to bring them their keys.....even though it was WAY appreciated. And, you got some CHEAP gasoline for it...lol!

Now....where did my head go???

:D

You were in such a hurry to get away from him that you decided to go back out caching with him again today? There's a little bit of a flaw in your story.

Well I kind of felt bad that Brad drove all the way up here but didn't realize that we moved....plus I figured if he came all the way up here you needed them pretty badly.

And yes gas at $1.99 was a great bonus, although I still think you should have paid for it :D

Plus, do you ever work? Everytime I go in there you're in the bathroom or on break, must be nice to have a job like that.... :lol:

You were in such a hurry to get away from him that you decided to go back out caching with him again today? There's a little bit of a flaw in your story.

Well I kind of felt bad that Brad drove all the way up here but didn't realize that we moved....plus I figured if he came all the way up here you needed them pretty badly.

And yes gas at $1.99 was a great bonus, although I still think you should have paid for it :P

Plus, do you ever work? Everytime I go in there you're in the bathroom or on break, must be nice to have a job like that.... :P

I only went caching with him today to give YOU a break...cuz I know what that is like!!! And...I payed for the gas to keep him out of your hair...that's GOT to be good for SOMETHING!!!

And, yes, I work...occasionally...sometimes...lol.

Actually, it seems rare that I get to go to the bathroom, or take a break at work.

And yes gas at $1.99 was a great bonus, although I still think you should have paid for it :P

Plus, do you ever work? Everytime I go in there you're in the bathroom or on break, must be nice to have a job like that.... :)

I only went caching with him today to give YOU a break...cuz I know what that is like!!! And...I payed for the gas to keep him out of your hair...that's GOT to be good for SOMETHING!!!

Actually, it seems rare that I get to go to the bathroom, or take a break at work.

Well I appreciate the break....of course that left me at home with BOTH girls, so I think he got the better end of the deal. Of course it's only fitting that both of you old farts should be out caching together :P You're gonna be how old again :) Man that must suck....hehe

And you may have paid for the gas, but he said he bought the meals...so you only hit even there.

It seemed like it was a miracle when I would get a break or get a chance to use the bathroom when I was Assistant manager at the Citgo, so I know your pain....at least they don't call you at all hours of the day and night asking you to get in the safe.....there are some benefits to being a low man on the totem pole.

Plus, do you ever work? Everytime I go in there you're in the bathroom or on break, must be nice to have a job like that.... :D

Well I appreciate the break....of course that left me at home with BOTH girls, so I think he got the better end of the deal. Of course it's only fitting that both of you old farts should be out caching together :D You're gonna be how old again :laughing: Man that must suck....hehe

And you may have paid for the gas, but he said he bought the meals...so you only hit even there.

It seemed like it was a miracle when I would get a break or get a chance to use the bathroom when I was Assistant manager at the Citgo, so I know your pain....at least they don't call you at all hours of the day and night asking you to get in the safe.....there are some benefits to being a low man on the totem pole.

Meals??? He bought lunch...ask him who bought his evening refreshment...AND...managed to pick the ONE drive-thru with Mt. Dew??? Who took him to 2 caches that she had ALREADY done...just so he could get closer to his goal??? How many actual containers did he find today out of all the caches we did? Not only that, but I found his previous DNF AND a REALLY COOL MICRO!!! See...his memory is fading, he doesn't remember these kinds of things anymore.

You really should keep an eye on him though Heather...he was losing his balance, falling down hills, dropping EVERYTHING...I really do think his age is getting to him!

Low man on the totem pole? After 12 years of management...I am low man on the totem pole on purpose....it is rough being up there!

Started out in Potawatomi Wildlife Park getting eight within the park including a FTF on one. Then went caching with Gunpowder on an IGTQ quest and grabbed a total of 21 caches altogether with two DNFs. Saw lots of neat history and a few old covered bridges. Lots of nice fall colors. Some neat old cemeteries. Hit my 400-find milestone. Dropped my PDA and lost all my Cachemate logs :rolleyes: . But had a good time Caching in Indiana.

What time is it?

Was Wondering if Junior ever got his Maggie he won from McD's !

(and if Dad gets to use it ) !

Yes, he got it and it's really cool. It's portable, too, so you can take it with you when you leave the car, if you want.

Since Patrick and I never get invited anywhere to go caching, we haven't had a chance to check it out. But we played around with it. You can enter things such as "Canadian Bacon Motorcycles", and it will plot out a route to get you to the nearest...

:D:D:D

We are headed up to the Nashville/Brown County area this weekend. What are some can't miss/must do caches in the area? Thanks!

Beyond the wildlife Habitat (GCA774)- Older cache, a great walk in southern

Indiana. One of my top 5 caches.

There are a lot of great hiking caches in that area. I am sure you will find some good caching.

Edited by Team Shydog

I worked ... and worked some more ... then I did laundry ....

somebudy please put me out of my misery.

You need to get out and cache more !!

Star

Woo-woo! I had to finagle a trip to Louisville but I snagged 10 Wednesday-Thursday... and a cool DNF. At this one.

Awwwwwww Torry !!! That is just the sweetest thing I have ever read .

You done a fantasticly wonderfull thing piggy !

:lol::P