Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I am busy working and hiding caches. The writeup is time consuming.

Those of you who have hunted around Potawatomi Wildlfie Park will find that all are being archived and I have 11 going online soon hopefully. I have 6 yet to write up. Plan is to have all published at once.

Should make for a day at the park.

Mike,

Let me know if you want me to archive Potawatomi Wilderness now and free up the space for new caches. If these new ones are listed before this Sunday I may have to come down there to grab all of them.

Those of you who have hunted around Potawatomi Wildlfie Park will find that all are being archived and I have 11 going online soon hopefully. I have 6 yet to write up. Plan is to have all published at once.

OUTSTANDING!!!! We can't wait! Patrick is drooling, as we speak! If we complete all 11, will you be there to toast us with a glass of cool Cabernet?

You ought to host a luncheon event, we could all come, eat, then attack the caches.... <_<

I am busy working and hiding caches. The writeup is time consuming.

Mike,

Let me know if you want me to archive Potawatomi Wilderness now and free up the space for new caches. If these new ones are listed before this Sunday I may have to come down there to grab all of them.

I think Pot. Wilderness might be able to stay. I think mine in the back is far enough away. I got WildRumpus's TB's today. Will drop them in my new hides.

Edited by gunpowder

I am still working on a few. I had a park fishing event today and it threw me for a few hours to recover this afternoon so I only worked an hour on the caches. We planned for 50 participants and had 153.

Wondered about a picnic or something sometime.

Potawatomi Wildlfie Park has been high on my priority list for some time. Since most of my caching is of the "just happened to be in the neighborhood" variety, I have not made it there yet. If you put on an event (and pending any significant schedule conflicts) I will be there.

Hello! Just starting doing some actually caching after "watching" for a while. Im located in Terre Haute, and still just getting the basics down by finding all the caches close to my house (for the most part!).

fun so far!

Clay

Welcome ClayC! I am sure you will find this sport quite addictive. Terre Haute and Vigo County have a TON of caches to keep you busy. That is another high priority desitnation on my long "must do" list.

Hello everyone!

I am rather new at all of this but it looks like this forum is where I belong. We are from New Carlisle IN.

This article was in the South Bend Tribune today.

State Wide Geocaching Event

I am wondering if any of you know where I can get more information about this? It sounds like these are seperate from regular caches that are already placed, however I can't seem to find any info or coordinates.

The links in the article aren't much help.

Help!! (That is sheer desperation coming from a new addict)

We are camping at Turkey Run on the 16th and 17th and are hoping to do some geocaching in the area and maybe get started on the state park quest too.

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I am rather new at all of this but it looks like this forum is where I belong. We are from New Carlisle IN.

This article was in the South Bend Tribune today.

State Wide Geocaching Event

I am wondering if any of you know where I can get more information about this? It sounds like these are seperate from regular caches that are already placed, however I can't seem to find any info or coordinates.

The links in the article aren't much help.

Help!! (That is sheer desperation coming from a new addict)

We are camping at Turkey Run on the 16th and 17th and are hoping to do some geocaching in the area and maybe get started on the state park quest too.

Thanks

Just watch the geocaching.com website for the caches to open up on Friday.

Because the person who thought it up is a Geocacher!!! And yes, I know who thought it up. And no it's not a reaction to the permits. It's merely a way that the IDNR can support geocaching.

Its good for PR anyways regardless of motives. I don't mean that in a bad way. I used to work on one of the properties listed. Talked to the manager Tuesday for that matter on the phone. It sounds like it will get the cachers out.

Now for my PR stunt :) . I just submitted 11 caches in and around Potawatomi Wildlfie Park. Hey we are a privatly owned park so we can't particiapte in the DNR program but....

@ 317 acres that is 11 times the fun of the same sized DNR property :D

Assuming they all get accepted, enjoy and make sure you sign the guest register noting you are caching.

Sorry no caching after dark and make sure you wave at the guy on the mower. He would rather be caching :D

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I missed the 'Mini-event' at Shelter III on saturday - I had to work until 4 in Greenwood and by the time I was done I had no energy left [:D]

Is the shelter still structurally sound? haha I saw all the posts - is it true that there's another red herring (total: 2 - so far, that is!)

I measured out the distance on google earth and looks like you get to them all in roughly 9 miles (as the crow flys). Not to mention the terrian down there is pretty rugged, surely someone has done it, or tried??? I'm heading that way this weekend and I do tend to set unattainable goals for myself but I am a graduate of The Journal.

Edited by GerbilMafia

With the fall picnic just concluding I was wondering if finding all the caches in Brown County State Park (21 I think) is doable in one day without getting back in the car? Is there anyone out there that has hiked em all out in one day?

That is an abmitious goal to say the least. If one were to start early and end late, it could probably be done. If you plan on doing this over the weekend, you have chosen wisely given the prediction of cool and overcast conditions.

Good Luck!

Where o where has the little dog been , o where o where can he be ?

*wonders if Patrick and LeadDog got into some kinda fight , being as how they are both alone in the house now that WheelDog is back in college *

:anitongue:<_<

WE JUST GOT BACK FROM A ***HOG ROAST***!!! MMM-MMMM!!

We're just waiting for the DNR to quit charging to get into the reservoirs, which they are a little late doing this year... You know Lead Dog is such a tightwad, he'll hike five miles cross country to save four bucks :D .

TRAIL MIX !!!

Man that sounds like a load of fun and PopTarts too!!!

We'll have to catch you all on another one as work travels are taking us directly past Pokagon so that is where a couple of us will be!!

I'm sure we'll have a blast at Pokagon, but would have liked to join the hike too... can't be in 2 places at once :-(

CrossRoadNomads - I feel your pain.

After going to Trailmixes III and IV, I can't rightly miss Trailmix V! Plus, after Deermark took my PopTart order at the Spring Picnic I just can't let him down :anitongue:

Sounds like the Pokagon event is going to be a huge blast as well...maybe next year.

Anyone up for another Shelter III try soon? Its beginning to get chilly up here...

Where o where has the little dog been , o where o where can he be ?

*wonders if Patrick and LeadDog got into some kinda fight , being as how they are both alone in the house now that WheelDog is back in college *

B)B)

WE JUST GOT BACK FROM A ***HOG ROAST***!!! MMM-MMMM!!

We're just waiting for the DNR to quit charging to get into the reservoirs, which they are a little late doing this year... You know Lead Dog is such a tightwad, he'll hike five miles cross country to save four bucks B) .

I don't blame him for being a tightwad !

At least he took you to the hog roast!! Bet you ate good !

I noticed that our friends in Michigan have been putting our a few more Michigan Spirit Quests !

One is in a small town , known as Colon MI. My Grandparents once owned and operatered a small Cafe there known as the M & M Grill . They just loved the yearly convention of Magic People .

For those of you that do not know it . It is also the home town of Harry Blackstone Jr. and is known as the Magic Capitol of the World !!

Very cool and thank you Wolverine Warriors !!

Star