Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Most likely I will not be attending the spring picnic.... mostly because i'm paying my arch nemesis to use a laser to burn a hole in my brain tomorrow afternoon...

so after my lobotomy I might not be any good at finding caches... but then again, Doobies is pretty good and his labotomy went pretty well, and 4Dam's laser labotomy made him FTF at shelter 2... so who knows muahahah

Hasn't slowed down Patrick either.

Wulf

Edited by Team Tigger International

Most likely I will not be attending the spring picnic.... mostly because i'm paying my arch nemesis to use a laser to burn a hole in my brain tomorrow afternoon...

I'm probably way off, but is this a reference to LASIK? I had that surgery six years ago and it turned my 20/400 vision into nearly eagle eyes. It certainly helps to have great vision when one is GEOCACHING in INDIANA. :lol::laughing::ph34r:

Edited by S Keillan

I'm probably way off, but is this a reference to LASIK? I had that surgery six years ago and it turned my 20/400 vision into nearly eagle eyes. It certainly helps to have great vision when one is GEOCACHING in INDIANA. :lol::laughing::ph34r:

Well the truth of the matter is that i think i can get them replaced with cybernetic eyes that will help me decode all these near impossible puzzle caches that keep popping up for geocachers in Indiana

TWO DAYS UNTIL THE BIGGEST INDIANA GEOCACHING SPRING PICNIC OF ALL TIMES!!!FUN FOR ALL! EVENT CACHES, DOOR PRIZES, EVERYBODY WELCOME, HOT DOGS!!

I WAS GOING TO BRING SOME GARLIC BUTTER, POTATO CHIP BATTERED morels THAT I HARVESTED YESTERDAY FOR YOUZE GUYS TO EAT AT THE PICNIC BUT ANOTHER CACHER TOLD ME NOT TO (NOT LEAD DOG OR WHEEL DOG OR BEAVER DOG)

76848fbe-71b0-43f4-8f53-54da14900598.jpg

'SHROOMS

84ae2c0c-8def-413f-8958-968eb21f5ee8.jpg

THESE ARE TULIPS, RIGHT? DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

I WAS GOING TO BRING SOME GARLIC BUTTER, POTATO CHIP BATTERED morels THAT I HARVESTED YESTERDAY FOR YOUZE GUYS TO EAT AT THE PICNIC BUT ANOTHER CACHER TOLD ME NOT TO (NOT LEAD DOG OR WHEEL DOG OR BEAVER DOG)

76848fbe-71b0-43f4-8f53-54da14900598.jpg

'SHROOMS

THESE ARE TULIPS, RIGHT? DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

Well I would like to know why you shouldnt bring the shroons ! I would love to have some ... I am good at finding caches but not so good at finding the shroons !

Oh and Big Mamma D was over so I showed her the picture of the Dog But Tulips and she confirmed that the flowers are indeed a type of Tulip .....

Star

a bit of education for the piggy .....

Puppies

Puppies%20lined%20up%20in%20a%20cart%20001.jpg

Poppies

poppies.jpg

Poopies !

Disclamer .... NOT FOR CHILDREN .......

Poopie List

And all can be quite usefull in their own way ! <_<;):)

Please dont take offense at this INDIANA GEOCACHER !!

Star

Edit to add this thought : Puppies can eat poppies and make poopies

I know this is a bit late but still it is overdue .........

If you didnt get a chance to read it I would like to mention that there was an extremely flattering article in the "News Sun" newspaper on Geocaching in Indiana . It was in the Lifetime section and they interviewed many cachers.

They did the article upon the CITO event held in Pokagon State Park .

Cachers named in the article were :

The Herd

Markymark

Pawsitraction

The Rock and Stone (from Michigan)

A Picture of the cachers attending the event was also included in this very positive article. You can spot the famous Geodog PATRICK right up front in it ! Also the venurable LeadDog of Sixdogteam , Wolverine Warriors and the newest Warrior as well as many others.

This article was in the Sunday , May 2 , 2006 paper .

I just want to say well done to you all !

On another note there was another very positive article in the Windsor Star newspaper ( Windsor , ONT. Canada) about a CITO event there as well!

Star

I have an Indiana map on my profile showing which counties I've cached in (I'm sure I learned about it somewhere in this thread).

I'm not a big-time cacher who's able to get big numbers every week, but I did add my 6th Indiana county last weekend. Yea!

So how many counties does everyone else have?

The map at the bottom of my profile shows 20.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=95...53-1a6af22efbf8

Looks nice.

Is there a lazy man's method of talleying which counties he's logged finds in? :P

bgf

Tell everyone that you found a cache in all 92 counties. I am sure someone will check your stats and tell you that you only have X amount of counties. That being said, I have found caches in ALL 92 Counties :(:ph34r::(:)

Edited by Team Shydog

The map at the bottom of my profile shows 20.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=95...53-1a6af22efbf8

Looks nice.

Is there a lazy man's method of talleying which counties he's logged finds in? :(

bgf

Shydog's method should work!!!

I just sat down one did and looked at all my finds. If I didn't remember where the cache was located by the name, I brought up the map. Now I have a list and each time I get a new county, I add it to my list.

While I am interested to know how many counties I have finds in I'm not going to do it because...

1- I'm too lazy

2- No one but me really cares and

3- I don't have the time

So... I have found caches in all the counties. :o:D

Ditto! Except maybe #3. The only mapping I have is Mapsource...

Team Shydog's method works very well for me too. Thanks TS!

I'VE FOUND CACHES IN 92 COUNTIES! (Even though I think one or two doesn't have any.) :D

bgf

"The cache is available only during daylight hours and the container is a small canister with room for mini SWAG. If you find fallen or worn US flags at the graves of veterans, please take a moment to upright or replace them. (You can purchase flags at the major retail stores). Dispose of worn US flags in a respectable manner. As always, be respectful, and cache in, trash out. God Bless our troops in harm's way."

Does the above sound familiar to anyone? It's from a cache page on a cemetery cache in GEORGIA by LZ33 -- (VTFB)

:o:D:D:D:P:)

"The cache is available only during daylight hours and the container is a small canister with room for mini SWAG. If you find fallen or worn US flags at the graves of veterans, please take a moment to upright or replace them. (You can purchase flags at the major retail stores). Dispose of worn US flags in a respectable manner. As always, be respectful, and cache in, trash out. God Bless our troops in harm's way."

Does the above sound familiar to anyone? It's from a cache page on a cemetery cache in GEORGIA by LZ33 -- (VTFB)

:o:D:D:D:P:)

There are a couple of us that know LZ33. Good guy!

btw: I have cached in over 50 counties.

:D:P:):D:o:D

There are a couple of us that know LZ33. Good guy!

btw: I have cached in over 50 counties.

Personal opinion? He did a great job on those new caches! I hope he keeps it up.

bgf

CONGRATULATIONS TO CAR 54 ON THEIR 500TH! fOUND AT isq #121:

May 7 by Car54 (500 found)

We have learned so much from the Indiana Spirit Quest series of caches that we wanted to mark our 500th find at one of them. This was a good cache for our milestone as it was quite a challenge to find. As spring brought new growth, the area of the cache was nicely camo'ed by nature. We found all sorts of things, including that geocaching staple - a golf ball - but not the cache. So we decrypted the hint (oh sure, NOW you tell us the cannon is no longer here ) but it wasn't until Mrs. Car54 stepped on the item mentioned in the clue that the cache was located.

We also wanted our 500th to be large enough to have some trade items so we could have a momento of this find. Although we already have an RPW lion head, this cache had an entire lion figure from RPW, so we traded for that.

While we were hunting the cache, our two geodogs had quite a vocal conversation with the two cute dogs a previous cacher mentioned.

Thank you very much for this series of caches and the education we have received from it. We've even done some research on our own to discover the meanings of different tombstone "decorations", such as urns, drapes, ivy, anchors, etc.

T - RPW sig lion

L - micro geocoin in honor of our 500th find

SL

TFTC!

[view this log on a separate page]

:ph34r:

...So how many counties does everyone else have?

Using GPSBabel and county data available with it, I figured that I have 44 counties with finds. It's actually giving me 45, but the Wander Indiana Micro Traveler is in Allen County (where I've not cached yet), but I found it in Montgomery County. Like Team Shydog, the southwest is rather devoid of finds. Maybe we need to plan a trip in that direction. :D

...So how many counties does everyone else have?

Using GPSBabel and county data available with it, I figured that I have 44 counties with finds. It's actually giving me 45, but the Wander Indiana Micro Traveler is in Allen County (where I've not cached yet), but I found it in Montgomery County. Like Team Shydog, the southwest is rather devoid of finds. Maybe we need to plan a trip in that direction. :D

I'd written to Team Shydog, but I'll offer more broadly here -- I teach at a university, and, well, graduation was yesterday (for HOURS and HOURS -- sigh), and that means that while I still have to work over the summer, my schedule is much more flexible. Anyone wanting to add the southwest corner to their chart, and who would like a tour guide - just let me know. If you hit Evansville, you can *easily* have Vanderberg, Warrick, Posey, and Gibson, and then also add whatever counties you have to cross to get down here.

With the beginning of ECO (Evansville area Geocaching Organization) this spring, we also have a few events coming up this summer. Nothin for May, alas, but we have 2 planned for June. We just got started, so no cool webpage, just a yahoo groups listserve, but we're doing well with scheduling so far. Our summer plans include (temptations to cache SW Indiana...): June 3rd - joint meet & greet with River Valley Geocachers at Lake Mauzy (near Morganfield/Sturgis KY), June 17th - potluck meet and greet in Princeton, IN (Gibson county). July and August are fuzzy in my mind - either it was July in Owensboro and August in Jasper, IN or the reverse... There's another tentatively in the works - if I get my butt in gear it'll happen in July in Evansville.

See - lots of reasons to come visit this part of the state. :D

Patrick and I were taking pictures in one of the ISQ cemeteries the other day (NO, of course we weren't doing cache maintenance) when this angel swooped down on us and Patrick captured this photo of me taking her picture with his cell phone. And no, she didn't remind us of Pip at the time...

75bf03a0-1ffa-42a5-925a-599fcc1301c6.jpg

;););)

I hope everyone was able to get out and Geocache in Indiana this weekend. I got stuck doing some major yardwork and dog sitting. But I am taking off for Texas and GWS4 on Wednesday :P I am looking forward to meeting others and caching Texas style(Shiner Bock in one hand and holding on to the grill of a pickup with the other). Ok that might not be the way they do it down there, but I can still dream :P

Thanks to 501 Gang for placing the first (I think) ISQ caches in St. Joseph County. I went out and found both today. So add me to that famous ISQ finders list!

PS: Do I beat Torry since I have 2 finds??

No I'm afraid not... Torry accidentally found a second ISQ a few months ago. I'm Sure Zorry is Jealous now...

Edited by -{LoS}-Xile