Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Jeremy has fixed the alphanumeric bug, but it seems, Kelly, that some ISQ's have dropped out of your lists--#102 and #163? for example...???? :grin:

It's a slow process of moving everything over onto one list. The ones that are out of order are still on the other lists, just not moved over yet. (I'm skipping around for no adequately explained reason.) I'm also adding notes to each of the listings, and that adds time as well. Hopefully it will be in good shape within a week.

Dat is one Great Picture of yourself there Patrick ! Were you Geocaching in Indiana at the time ?

Star

Actually the pic was taken at one of my world famous waterfall caches. And speaking of waterfall caches, Lead Dog and I hid another one at Salamonie State Forest last summer, and never published it. We checked on it yesterday and the falls are much more visiable without leaves on the trees, and we are going to activate it for the Spring Picnic cachers since it's just a short walk from the CCC Shelter.

GO GATORS!!!

46a99243-ddc2-45bc-b817-26b69105ea33.jpg

This beautiful 4-color postcard of Chris of Team Shydog and me at the Patrick's Twin Waterfalls cache, taken yesterdayduring a Recon trip to scout for temporary event cache locations for the Spring Picnic, can be had for $3.95 apiece in lots of ten. They can be autographed at no extra charge. limited quantities available, first come firts served.

:laughing::D:D:ph34r:

After a decent amount of labour, the Indiana Spirit Quest bookmark lists have been merged into one grand volume. Including the caches in Ohio, Michigan, and Ontario, there are 467 caches on the list. I've added the cache owner and county of location to the notes of each entry, which I hope will be useful. If I've made any errors (some were edited in the wee hours of the night), please let me know and I'll correct them.

Indiana Spirit Quest Bookmark List

After a decent amount of labour, the Indiana Spirit Quest bookmark lists have been merged into one grand volume. Including the caches in Ohio, Michigan, and Ontario, there are 467 caches on the list. I've added the cache owner and county of location to the notes of each entry, which I hope will be useful. If I've made any errors (some were edited in the wee hours of the night), please let me know and I'll correct them.

Indiana Spirit Quest Bookmark List

OUTSTANDING!

I found this owl while looking for good places to hide temp caches in baker park for my event in june. I think he picked a pretty poor place to sleep (I doubt he got any with all the gawkers). I put it on my webspace because the tiny geocaching pics don't do it justice.

Edit: Pic below.

Edited by dougsmiley

<_<

Big mystery, but i'll reveal it. dougsmiley is none other than Doug Smiley!

Is there some ghost cache or something you can post pics to? Or am i missing something? I can never get that to work.

You can host pics in your profile gallery, on your owned cache pages, or on a cache log, if that's what you mean. What exactly doesn't work for you?

Does anyone know how many cachers there are in Indiana???

I can think of at least six. <_<

Seriously, I think that would be a statistic that would be hard to determine. Not everyone puts down their location, and if you go on the number of caches in a given state, then early on I could have been considered from Iowa. (My 2nd and 3rd finds where there.)

There's a website that lists those with 200 finds or more and groups them by state or country based on info collected about caching habits. For Indiana, that's at 234 (teams). I would say that the actual number for all cachers would be perhaps ten times that, but that's a pure guess.

It's been a while, but I thought I'd stick my head in and say "Hi"!!

I'm really looking forward to all the events coming up an dI hope everyone can get out to them!

Finally I get to go somewhere, if Lead Dog will take me to the Pokagon Cito picnic! The early spring flowers are blooming here at the Dogyard, I wonder if the early wildflowers will be in bloom at Pokagon? Here's a shot Lead Dog took of one of our peach trees:

spring%20flowers%20010%20PEAACH%20BLOSSUMS.jpg

:)

anyabody else have any flower pics? It would be ven better if there was a dog in 'em!

I'm going to a TICO event. :-(

My wife and I are helping friends host a wedding reception. 3 kegs of beer. 100 guests. Which means (undoubtedly) lots of plastic cups and paper plates everywhere. Thus the "TI" part. It is also an all day event for us (we start by roasting a hog in the morning, do parking in the afternoon, and picking up after everyone leaves in the late evening) and thus the "CO" part. I.e., no caching for me! I haven't been caching for so long that my GPS is getting rusty. The battery juice is leaking out of the case. I've even managed to forget who my geocaching buddys are. Are they Pelly and Kaul? Or is it Kelly and Paul? :-)

Anyway I am looking forward to the Indiana Spring Picnic the first week of May. I have received some "National Geographic Adventure Paper" which is the waterproof stuff which can still be printed on by an inkjet printer. My plan is to print up a bunch of microcache logs and bring them to the picnic for distribution.

Edited by RPW

Is it "Dakota"? Do I win? What do I win? A cell-phone GPSr? <_<

Wow, that would be a great prize for ya Patrick, but...these buttons are so small, and as talented as you are, I just don't think you could push them! (you'll have to talk to your human about that one if he wins!)

]They're ALL pretty Mysterious to me!

Lead Dog is wandering around this morning mumbling to himself with a wild glare in his eyes--I don't like it when he gets like this. He says his ISQ's are too easy. We've been slowly converting as many of the micros to "smalls" as we can, but now he's talking about taking prescription capsules apart, pouring out the powder and using them as containers and hiding them ten feet up in the trees of the cemeteries! It looks as if folks just drive by cemeteries now, and walk in and find his caches without benefit of GC.com listings or GPSr. Boy is he HOT! This log started it all:

April 17 by Che K (542 found)

Well, Lead Dog, as long as I was out doing the Sherlock Holmes cache today, I picked up a few others in the area. On the way home I spied this cemetery and, even though I did not have it on my list, and even though I did NOT have the coords for it, I pulled in and found the cache without a problem. I guess that's what over 500 caches can do for ya! SL TFTC!

[view this log on a separate page]

:lol::P:P<_<:lol::cry::P:cry::P