Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Had to join in on the whining.

:mad: Bad News: Last fall, we had to drive 25 miles just to find an ISQ.

:laughing: Good News: Now there are 15 in our area.

:D Bad News: 14 of them we can't claim a smiley on because they're ours.

:D Good News: The other 1 was placed by Rupert2, so we did get our smiley on that one.

TI&S

:D Good News: If you hide them, they will come. If they come, some will eventually hide.

Edited by SixDogTeam

You deserve a big Italian GOLD MEDAL, Rupert!

Hmmm a bagel does sound good right now...

Actually the credit should go to Mrs. Joypa, it was her idea (and a really cool one too).

For those of you scratching your heads it involved Joypa's birthday, a screw coin geocoin and a certian picture that was taken on the Project APE cache run.

Let your imaginations run wild :P . Ok, not that wild :)

You deserve a big Italian GOLD MEDAL, Rupert!

Hmmm a bagel does sound good right now...

Actually the credit should go to Mrs. Joypa, it was her idea (and a really cool one too).

For those of you scratching your heads it involved Joypa's birthday, a screw coin geocoin and a certian picture that was taken on the Project APE cache run.

Let your imaginations run wild :P . Ok, not that wild :)

Oooooh I understand now.... Well I agree @!@#!$ Geocoins Let's go caching!

OK, fans, here's a new photo of yours truly taken by Lead Dog at Trickworm's new "Beaver Point " Trail cache, part of a large group of geocaches being put out for the Spring picnic campers to enjoy.

You may save this photo and print it out on high quality photo paper and frame it and hang it in your Dining Room or Family Room if you so desire, free of charge. If you send me copies in a SASE, I will autograph them for you, again at no charge! Enjoy!

0788d700-e03f-437e-a788-501234abcfe2.jpg

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

OK, fans, here's a new photo of yours truly taken by Lead Dog at Trickworm's new "Beaver Point " Trail cache, part of a large group of geocaches being put out for the Spring picnic campers to enjoy.

You may save this photo and print it out on high quality photo paper and frame it and hang it in your Dining Room or Family Room if you so desire, free of charge. If you send me copies in a SASE, I will autograph them for you, again at no charge! Enjoy!

:P:P:P

GC.com is down.....

:D:huh::D

GC.com is down.....

Most doggies are content to just pee on the tree in order to leave their mark... Patrick is obviously much more ambitious.

Joypa set up two new caches. We had talked about both of them so they weren't much a surprise to me. One is a long needed TB hotel in the Lafayette area while the other was a cache at a at a recently revitalized cemetery. It has a nice back story to it.

Naturally Kelly (S Keillan) grabbed FtF rights on the cemetery cache and I wouldn't be surprised if he is out this morning grabbing FtF on the TB hotel as well.

Joypa set up two new caches. We had talked about both of them so they weren't much a surprise to me. One is a long needed TB hotel in the Lafayette area while the other was a cache at a at a recently revitalized cemetery. It has a nice back story to it.

Naturally Kelly (S Keillan) grabbed FtF rights on the cemetery cache and I wouldn't be surprised if he is out this morning grabbing FtF on the TB hotel as well.

I would have gone for it yesterday evening if I had any travel bugs to trade. The only one that I have right now is one that I picked up from the event on Saturday, and it's planned for a far more appropriate cache. Besides, I'm not that much of a FtF fanatic and can yield those honours to another without any difficulty.

Yesterday was nasty in Lafayette. Snow, sleet, rain and wind. I was out setting up a cache and I wanted to get back in the car.

Well .... Did did you get the cache set up or did you jump back in the car ? :P:)

Star

:D I got the cache set up, proving my unstinting dedication to the hobby. :D

and that begs the question .... Why oh why did you not go for an FTF on them RPW ! :P

Star

While I have some time, there are some things on my mind. Yesterday, I went to check on a cache of mine, "Travelin' Jones". Posted logs indicated the contents were extremely wet. Upon locating the cache, I verified that the contents were, in fact, quite soaked. I was puzzled by this since the cache has been placed a year and a half ago and was an ammo can. I went back to the logs and saw that somewhere around November, logs spoke of wetness. Mind you, this was a year after placement. I did replace the original tupperware container with the ammo can back in February of 2005-still several months before it became wet. There were reports through the summer that the cache was in good shape. How did the contents get soaked? Needless to say, I archived the cache.

Theories- The ammo can leaks. Don't think so, but testable.

- Someone did not seal the container properly. Possible but unprovable.

- Someone did the nasty in there. Possible but no odor was present.

What do you guys think?

The other issue related to this cache is, having archived it, I went back and read the logs. (Its a good thing the log book was waterproof) I noticed several things. Some people sign the log book one way and the cache page another. A few claimed a find but were not in the log book. Several signed the log book but did not claim the find on line. Two people claimed the find twice. I deleted the second logs of the people who claimed two finds but took no action on any of the other discrepancies (having no solid evidence of shenagians). What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

Edited by Joypa

While I have some time, there are some things on my mind. Yesterday, I went to check on a cache of mine, "Travelin' Jones". Posted logs indicated the contents were extremely wet. Upon locating the cache, I verified that the contents were, in fact, quite soaked. I was puzzled by this since the cache has been placed a year and a half ago and was an ammo can. I went back to the logs and saw that somewhere around November, logs spoke of wetness. Mind you, this was a year after placement. I did replace the original tupperware container with the ammo can back in February of 2005-still several months before it became wet. There were reports through the summer that the cache was in good shape. How did the contents get soaked? Needless to say, I archived the cache.

Theories- The ammo can leaks. Don't think so, but testable.

- Someone did not seal the container properly. Possible but unprovable.

- Someone did the nasty in there. Possible but no odor was present.

What do you guys think?

The other issue related to this cache is, having archived it, I went back and read the logs. (Its a good thing the log book was waterproof) I noticed several things. Some people sign the log book one way and the cache page another. A few claimed a find but were not in the log book. Several signed the log book but did not claim the find on line. Two people claimed the find twice. I deleted the second logs of the people who claimed two finds but took no action on any of the other discrepancies (having no solid evidence of shenagians). What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

Just a thought on the dampness of the ammo can ... Does the possibility exsist that it was hunted when there was snow on the ground or perhaps it was raining , I have seen wet contents in an ammo can before . If the weather conditions were damp that could explain the wetness to some extent .

As for people sigining the log book but not online ... that is not so unusual , we have a chache that we have done some maintence on and when we read the log book it said "we were in the area mushroon hunting and found this ... sounds like a cool game" .... But so far we have not come across people that have signed online and not on a log , thats a tuff call and thankfully something we have thus far not had to deal with.

Perhaps you could send a polite e-mail to the said cachers and ask them ? Maybe they were in fact at the cache and for some reason forgot to sign the log book , or maybe they had no writing utensil ?

Star

Edited by Team Tigger International

I suspect you are correct about the cache being opened during inclement weather. If so, I can figure out who did it. This cacher reported putting something into the cache that was not there nor reported removed, posted a duplicate find on the cache and left a worthless paper notepad (which was there). If this cacher also let the cache get wet, it would fit the bill. Ah, but there is no real proof.

... Why oh why did you not go for an FTF on them RPW !

I was thinking of making an snappy comeback but instead decided on a serious reply.

Unlike Kelly who drives into work and drives to lunch, I live close enough to my workplace (Purdue) that I walk or bicycle in every day. Thus I rarely go out caching during the workday.

As for the evening hours and weekends, well, I do have four other hobbies which are at least equally important to me and thus my evenings are often too full for geocaching. I even have one cache which has been on the disabled list (only temporary, mind you!) for about a month -- I have been that swamped. When I do go out caching it is usually with Paul and/or Kelly and since both of them have found all of the caches in the nearby area we go far away. Thus the FtF potential of nearby caches gets even smaller.

Hah! I just found a cache before either Kelly or Paul! True it wasn't in Indiana but it did take skill and a GPS. So I get to do our victory dance! Unfortunately I was not the FtF ... more like the 1331th to find. It is a very active cache.

The English version of the GPS simulator will lead you to a cache.

Make sure you take some pictures on the way.

Hah! I just found a cache before either Kelly or Paul! True it wasn't in Indiana but it did take skill and a GPS. So I get to do our victory dance! Unfortunately I was not the FtF ... more like the 1331th to find. It is a very active cache.

The English version of the GPS simulator will lead you to a cache.

Make sure you take some pictures on the way.

LOL

We logged that one way back 2004 I think. Those plants creeped me out.

Wulf

I can't believe that Joypa's Lafayette Travel Bug Hotel still hasn't been logged. True the weather yesterday here was not ideal but it wasn't that bad either. I might have to go to it before work sans TB to trade in order to get the ball started!

By the way, congratulations on RPW's cache find in Sweden. It would be nice to meet him at the aeroport when he returns to North America in order to congratulate him in person. :lol::o:laughing: