Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Actually, that sounds like a TON O' FUN!!!!!  wooo hoooo!!!!  I love a reason to par-teeee!!!!!!!  GO INDIANA CACHERS!!!!!  ;)

Not to appear overbearing, but since CINCO would be interested in having events in the Logansport area, perhaps our group could throw the party. If you could give us something of a date to plan around, I'm sure that one or more of our fine INDIANA geocachers can put together something. It might be something that our 4th Vice-President in charge of Hot Dogs might have interest in doing, perhaps providing la cerveza mexicana barata. :(<_<

P.S. I'm into GEOCACHING and am not afraid to admit it!

Actually, that sounds like a TON O' FUN!!!!!  wooo hoooo!!!!  I love a reason to par-teeee!!!!!!!  GO INDIANA CACHERS!!!!!  :drama:

Will there be cheap Mexican beer at this here shindig? :D

Someone else will have to find the beer this time.<g>

Wulf

Mark the coords ... Watch the fight to be FTF.

Actually, that sounds like a TON O' FUN!!!!!  wooo hoooo!!!!  I love a reason to par-teeee!!!!!!!  GO INDIANA CACHERS!!!!!  :drama:

Will there be cheap Mexican beer at this here shindig? :D

Wulf

Wasn't much of a fight last time we found a beer cache. Maybe MGD isn't that popular?

Wulf

Actually, that sounds like a TON O' FUN!!!!!  wooo hoooo!!!!  I love a reason to par-teeee!!!!!!!  GO INDIANA CACHERS!!!!!  :cool:

Will there be cheap Mexican beer at this here shindig? :lol:

Wulf

Wasn't much of a fight last time we found a beer cache. Maybe MGD isn't that popular?

Wulf

Miss Eager-Beaver should pick the spot for this INDIANA GEOCACHING Engagement party.

May I suggest Foster Park as an appropriate venue?

Now as for the beer MSG or what? Canadian?...as of this morning, the SixDogTeam is switching from PBR (after forty years) to Bud, Why, you may ask? Because A-B is sponsoring a 30 second commercical, one time only, on the Super Bowl Broadcast, that shows some middle east U.S. soldiers, men and women, walking thru an airport in desert fatigues, with their duffles, and the airport crowd slowly starts clapping in tribute. at the end of the film, it reads in text "Thank You". Whatever your take on the War, this spot is a fine appreciation of the sacrifices made by the young men and women fighting it. So, from now on Bud is our favorite cheep mexican beer. Anybody who would like to see it, send me an email and I'll send you the file.

You know if INDIANA GEOCACHERS would get enaged at caches this spring, we could have a whole series of Engagement beer bashe event caches....

:lol::D:drama:

All of this discussion concerning beer at INDIANA GEOCACHING events is fine and dandy. However, remember that not all cachers have reached the golden age of 19 (the minimum age in ONTARIO :drama: ). Might I suggest that we celebrate with a tall glass of 2% milk (and soymilk for the lactose intolerant and vegan cacher). :cool: Plus, it does the body good. :lol::D

Actually, that sounds like a TON O' FUN!!!!!  wooo hoooo!!!!  I love a reason to par-teeee!!!!!!!  GO INDIANA CACHERS!!!!!  :cool:

Not to appear overbearing, but since CINCO would be interested in having events in the Logansport area, perhaps our group could throw the party. If you could give us something of a date to plan around, I'm sure that one or more of our fine INDIANA geocachers can put together something. It might be something that our 4th Vice-President in charge of Hot Dogs might have interest in doing, perhaps providing la cerveza mexicana barata. :lol::D

P.S. I'm into GEOCACHING and am not afraid to admit it!

I would be willing to co-host a "TON_O_FUN" Engagement INDIANA GEOCACHERS Event Cache with appropriately temed event geocaches, and supply the highest quality pork-chicken hot dogs available, but not on Valentines Day, but only under the following conditions:

1. It be held OUTDOORS.

2. Another Geocacher(s) with opposable thumbs co-host with me.

3. PRECIOUS attends.

4. There is a llama petting zoo.

(I'm firm on three of the above. I guess there is room for negotiation of the Precious thing.) :drama:

All of this discussion concerning beer at INDIANA GEOCACHING events is fine and dandy. However, remember that not all cachers have reached the golden age of 19 (the minimum age in ONTARIO :drama: ). Might I suggest that we celebrate with a tall glass of 2% milk (and soymilk for the lactose intolerant and vegan cacher). :cool: Plus, it does the body good. :lol::D

there are vegan cachers?

Hi fellow Hoosiers. I just got a Garmin 60CSX a few days ago and I am ready to go looking for my first cache ever. I think I have downloaded enough into my unit and I think I have a faint idea of what I am doing. I will let you know how I do.

Welcome to the sport, er hobby, ummm addiction. :D We look forward to seeing your name in cache logs! Check out some of the event caches - there are a whole bunch of them, located all over the state. They're a great way to meet other local cachers and get some pointers.

Mrs. Car54

I got 3 on my way to work and 1 at lunch. Started with a double check of one I missed on Wednesday(3mins to find today), and in 40mins, I was half way to work and had 3 finds.

Does the addiction wear off, ever? As soon as I felt the plastic on the pill bottle at the first one today, I immediately wanted to find another one. That one took me even less time, and I found myself looking at my clock in the car trying to determine how many I could get without being late to work. I think I could have got another one, but I spent about 15mins touring one of the subdivision/appartment complexes on the west side of Indy.

I also found time to stare at A tribute to BadMajec for a few minutes during daylight since I went to lunch early.

It was a beautiful day, so we were planning on going geocaching in Indiana - but we live in Evansville. and our closest unfound cache was in Kentucky. so we went there. And, I have a neat story, that I thought all the ISQ folks might like.

it's really really weird to be searching for a cemetery cache in Kentucky, and to look around, and realize that you are staring at your great, great, great, great, great, great uncle's grave (keep in mind, almost my entire family lives in Pennsylvania)

I know, you are thinking she's crazy, but really, how many Latrence and Matilda's are there who are married to each other? (and who were born in 1808 and 1810 and in the right months with the right middle and last names and living in Kentucky). I'm gonna check with my parents, but I seriously think I found some of my relatives' graves today. My branch of the family just knew that side had moved to Kentucky.

see, there IS a good reason for cemetery caches. plus, the cache was a nice, and tasteful, memorial to a revolutionary war soldier.

Does the addiction wear off, ever?

Yes. The number of non-active cachers is huge; there are names I no longer see. Likewise the number of abandoned caches is large. People give up for all sorts of reasons. However there are also quite a few people who do continue on for many years. It would be interesting to actually determine how many of the old time cachers are still active. Doing some data culling through pocket queries could accomplish this. Or does someone know of a web site that already has this information?

see, there IS a good reason for cemetery caches. plus, the cache was a nice, and tasteful, memorial to a revolutionary war soldier.

We were in KY doing some caches today also--and passed a cemetery that we would have liked to have visited, but it was fenced and padlocked (sigh).

I love cemetery caches. I comes from my grandmother taking us all out almost every nice Sunday to visit the graves of all of the relatives buried in the area. Looking back, I suppose that she had some sort of rotating schedule that she adhered to, as we went to a different cemetery each time. Grandma replaced flowers, or freshened arrangements, weeded around the stones, etc., and sometimes she would talk to the folks to tell them what was new with the family since she had visited last. Other times she told us stories about the people there. She would pack lunches for us and we made an afternoon of it.

Grandma wasn't the only one, either. People used to do that all the time. Often we met other people there visiting their deceased loved ones, and over time we got to know their names and stories, too. It got to where we would worry if we hadn't seen Mrs. Haley for a few weeks just because we almost always visted that cemetery the same week that she did.

I kept the tradition when my children were young. I became interested in my family history (because of Grandmas's stories), and the kids loved to go to cemeteries with me to try to find relatives...Well, almost always--there is that one cemetery waaaay out near the Clark-Scott country line that was a little on the creepy side..My daughter and I were out there alone in the fall, and the trees were creaking and moaning in the wind, causing the last few leaves to drift down. It was getting dark early and my daughter decided that it was too much like something from a scarey movie. She was visibly relieved when a couple, who had given us directions to the cemetery earlier, stopped by to make sure that we had found it.

I have the ISQ caches on my list of ones I want to do. I want to try to find all of them (OK, I want to see if any of my LETT, EMIGH, WERBLO(W), and SINKHORN etc relatives are buried there, too!).

We were in KY doing some caches today also--and passed a cemetery that we would have liked to have visited, but it was fenced and padlocked (sigh).

It's unfortunate they some people feel it's fun to overturn headstones or in the case of one cemetary I visited last month, paint the angels hair blue and 'color in' the photos on the markers.

We have a few places here that I doubt we'll ever be able to visit due to fun loving kids.

Wulf

Here is my opinion (not that I would expect anybody to care)...

I think that it's perfectly fine if teenagers want to party in old, abandoned cemeteries, because at least SOMEBODY is there to know these people existed in the brief interlude we call life. It does irritate me, however, when these people decide to take it upon themselves to destroy the one and only thing that is left of their life here on earth.

Well, thats my input. I feel better now. Thanks!

Here is my opinion (not that I would expect anybody to care)...

I think that it's perfectly fine if teenagers want to party in old, abandoned cemeteries, because at least SOMEBODY is there to know these people existed in the brief interlude we call life. It does irritate me, however, when these people decide to take it upon themselves to destroy the one and only thing that is left of their life here on earth.

Well, thats my input. I feel better now. Thanks!

Actually, I kinda agree with you. I have a cemetery cache and some people have questioned its placement because it's very near a headstone. I do plan to move it this spring, but my point is (like yours), that the cemetery has received many visitors since last spring that it never would have received before. Often, the veterans placing the Memorial Day flags are the only visitors during the year.

My family has taken care of the cemetery for the better part of 30 years so I have a pretty fair idea of how many visitors it gets. The stones range from 1830s to about 1865. The decendents of these folks are long gone as well so I'm happy that geocachers get to visit here now.

c37f0e7b-0c74-4957-b2b7-f952467933eb.jpg

I know a lot of you guys get antsy when I go too long without uploading an image of myslef at my latest GEOCACHING in INDIANA adventure, so here's a hot of me at the Monument Island Cache area.

Lead Dog, who definitely should not be allowed out of the house without adult human supervision is sitting on the sandy beach on Monument Island, which is in the middle of Lake Salamonie, but you can walk to it now, since the lake is a dam controlled flood control reservoir.

ANyway he notices these ATV tracks going from the shore to another big island so he says,"Patrick we're hiking over there! Well, when we got there, the "ATV" tracks turned out to be a deer herd trail. "It's OK, he says. If the deers can make it,we can"." Well, he didn't do the math a 200 pound deer divided by four feet is 50 pounds per foot. Lard a** Lead Dog has a lot more than that going for him. So we're walking out in the mud on this lake bottom and I've got four big clogs of mud on each foot, getting bigger and heavier with every step. The mud gets wetter in a hurry and...

Lead Dog is stuck! It's like he's got his mickey boots stuck in concrete up to their tops,and he can't move. So now he's cussing up a storm, he out of his boots, in his stocking feet, tryuing to get his boots out of the mud, and moving around in circles each time his feet get too deep in the ooze.

"I'm not leaving these boots here!" he's yelling now and digging holes around his boots, trying to pry them out. After about ten minutes, he gets them out, by now he's lost his socks, and is totaly worn out from his effort.

I'm OK because I'm light and airy. He finally gets ready to head back to the safety of the beach, and he's too tired to carry these boots which now weight about ten pounds apiece with all the mud. So he's throwing his boots ahead of him, one at a time, then moving fore=ward to them. Finally he gets a second wind, and carries his bootsback to shore.

I'm trying not to laugh at him, I've got my real serious face on --more later, he's coming.

I'm trying not to laugh at him, I've got my real serious face on --

:grin: Laugh away. I have put myself in many a spot where R has refused to go. I might be a bit older, but I'm sure not wiser. For some reson I find that it is OK to sacrifice the body for a cache find. R usually laughs the loudest when I acheive that goal. :grin:

It's probably some sort of mental disease.

M of the stibnitetwins

Hey Patrick, I plan on being over there on Saturday. Any chance of a repeat performance? :ph34r:

Unfortunately, there is. Lead Dog is designing some sort of mud snowshoes made out of plastic trash can lids- He says he's going to check the lake out periodically for muddiness --I think he's determined to get us killed--and I'm just a poor little dog, and so young, not an old f** :ph34r: t like him...

I know a lot of you guys get antsy when I go too long without uploading an image of myslef at my latest GEOCACHING in INDIANA adventure, so here's a hot of me at the Monument Island Cache area.

Lead Dog, who definitely should not be allowed out of the house without adult human supervision is sitting on the sandy beach on Monument Island, which is in the middle of Lake Salamonie, but you can walk to it now, since the lake is a dam controlled flood control reservoir.

ANyway he notices these ATV tracks going from the shore to another big island so he says,"Patrick we're hiking over there! Well, when we got there, the "ATV" tracks turned out to be a deer herd trail. "It's OK, he says. If the deers can make it,we can"." Well, he didn't do the math a 200 pound deer divided by four feet is 50 pounds per foot. Lard a** Lead Dog has a lot more than that going for him. So we're walking out in the mud on this lake bottom and I've got four big clogs of mud on each foot, getting bigger and heavier with every step. The mud gets wetter in a hurry and...

Lead Dog is stuck! It's like he's got his mickey boots stuck in concrete up to their tops,and he can't move. So now he's cussing up a storm, he out of his boots, in his stocking feet, tryuing to get his boots out of the mud, and moving around in circles each time his feet get too deep in the ooze.

"I'm not leaving these boots here!" he's yelling now and digging holes around his boots, trying to pry them out. After about ten minutes, he gets them out, by now he's lost his socks, and is totaly worn out from his effort.

I'm OK because I'm light and airy. He finally gets ready to head back to the safety of the beach, and he's too tired to carry these boots which now weight about ten pounds apiece with all the mud. So he's throwing his boots ahead of him, one at a time, then moving fore=ward to them. Finally he gets a second wind, and carries his bootsback to shore.

I'm trying not to laugh at him, I've got my real serious face on --more later, he's coming.

Thats a very nice picture Patrick such a handsome dog you are ...

as for the story .........

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P:):huh::):huh::P:):):D

I just cant stop !

to funny !

Star

see, the tree is just demonstrating how you need to use multiple "legs" to support your weight... :D

:ph34r::huh::P:):P:):D:huh::P:):):):):D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I love cemetery caches...

I have the ISQ caches on my list of ones I want to do. I want to try to find all of them (OK, I want to see if any of my LETT, EMIGH, WERBLO(W), and SINKHORN etc relatives are buried there, too!).

I wish Lead Dog would take me to some nice easy cemetery ISQ's instead of his durn bottom-of-the-lake sinkholes of death caches. :rolleyes:

I have the ISQ caches on my list of ones I want to do.  I want to try to find all of them (OK, I want to see if any of my LETT, EMIGH, WERBLO(W), and SINKHORN etc relatives are buried there, too!).

I wish Lead Dog would take me to some nice easy cemetery ISQ's instead of his durn bottom-of-the-lake sinkholes of death caches. :rolleyes:

The problem is he keeps bringing you back.

I have the ISQ caches on my list of ones I want to do.  I want to try to find all of them (OK, I want to see if any of my LETT, EMIGH, WERBLO(W), and SINKHORN etc relatives are buried there, too!).

Has the little dog done something to offend you Torry? You want to bring it over here?

Has the little dog done something to offend you Torry? You want to bring it over here?

Don't you remember? He once claimed he marked my truck.

I think the dog has it in for me. ... Just look at those beady little eyes and watch the way he perks up when you go past the pig ear bin at the PetsMart.

Don't you remember? He once claimed he marked my truck.

I think the dog has it in for me. ... Just look at those beady little eyes and watch the way he perks up when you go past the pig ear bin at the PetsMart.

Oh, yeah, but as usual he was exagerating. He does like crisp bacon with his eggs, tho. But he knows you're not REALLY a pig... Actually it's the black and white COWS that drive him crazy when we're driving out in the country...

The saddest part of the story is that I missed it by only a half hour or so! I passed LeadDog & Patrick on the road as they were leaving and I was heading into the area. DANGIT!!!!!!

I would have really enjoyed sitting up in the woods watching the show!

:lol:

I'd like to offer A big welcome for Lord Elwood to the ranks of the ISQ hiders! with his cache Indiana Spirit Quest #442 - Clem-demonium! When are we having the bonfire torture..... er i mean Initiation? I'll bring the whips!

Cream. I mean I'll bring the whipped cream...

Er yeah that's what i mean... uh huh...

Um, actually Xile, we've already held the initiation rites. The GEOISQ Safety Committee tells me they "forgot" to notify you. Probably has to do with the fireworks, flood and black and white cows stampede incident at the last one that you were blamed for.... Some of our members have absolutely no sense of humour when it comes to getting shot at. Go figure! They were supposed to notify you of a three week double secret probation. You didn't get a Candygram delivered by someone in a black SUV? Oh well, don't worry ,I've smoothed it over with them for you! :lol:

AND Lord Elwood's Cache Page is an EXCELLENT example of an ISQ. Good Work! :D

HAPPY GEOCACHING IN INDIANA!!!!!

I'm heading back out to the reservoir and send Patrick out to test the squishyness of the mud--see how deep he sinks--don't worry I'll have him on a string! :lol:

Wahoo, a FTF on a ISQ cache. Thanks for the great cache Lord Elwood. Where was everybody? I was all alone to grab the FTF and didn't meet anyone on the lane either! You snooze you lose, I guess.

Yes it looks like it is a very nice ISQ .. Welcome aboard Lord Elwood .... as far as where was everyone goes ... well Wulf is fast asleep in his home in Canada and I was just getting off work and heading home .. which is at least 50 miles north of Ft Wayne and prolly close to 90 miles away from the Cache .... that is where Team Tigger was this morning !

and now I get to go get some sleep myself so I can get up this evening and do it all over again ... but hey at least it will be MY Friday !!!!

Star

Just curious - do you have a stat of the number of unique users who have FTFs on ISQs? If you do, what number am i?

Are you talking to me?

I used to keep track of who had the most FTF's on ISQ's, for the first few hundred, and those stats are posted on some of the Century One cache pages. But It's too big a job now. I have enuff trouble just keeping up with everybody's find score. Are you volunteering , Doug? You would only have to access 440 cache pages. It would be easy using Kelly's Lists, eh?

:lol::D:D:lol:

Wahoo, a FTF on a ISQ cache. Thanks for the great cache Lord Elwood. Where was everybody? I was all alone to grab the FTF and didn't meet anyone on the lane either! You snooze you lose, I guess.

I was outside watching deranged Lead Dog sawing up sheets of plywood. He devised this system whereby he thinks he can lay a small sheet of plywood in front of himself, hop on it from the one he was on, move that one to the front, etc. and in that way negotiate thru quuicksand-like mud fields. He's got a little blue plastic sled he says he's going to put me in and drag me. He just finished attaching 600' of polypropalene rope to a come-a-long. He says he can winch us to safety with it, if we get stuck. If he hadn't hidden the phones(when I rang up that big bill calling precious late at night) :lol: I could dial 911 and have them haul him awaay to the looney bin... :lol: