Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I got a FTF today, and got to go swimmin' to get it!!!!!!

:D:):D:)

Did ya enjoy the swim, Patrick? :D Hope you enjoyed that cache and took the old man's picture!

While I don't know any of you personally, I've been following this and wanted to congratulate those of you who hit your milestones!!! LeadDog asked me to tag along on this one, but alas, work and family obligations had their influence. One of these days I'll get to share a beer with Patrick..... :D

One of these days I'll get to share a beer with Patrick..... :)

Patrick never buys, Captain. He asked me to tell you to keep a sharp lookout today for his new cache. his first solo effort. He trots into the woods with the cache in his mouth and returns about ten minutes later... located in territory familiar to you. I'm not sure I would trust his coords, tho... :huh:

One of these days I'll get to share a beer with Patrick..... :)

Patrick never buys, Captain. He asked me to tell you to keep a sharp lookout today for his new cache. his first solo effort. He trots into the woods with the cache in his mouth and returns about ten minutes later... located in territory familiar to you. I'm not sure I would trust his coords, tho... :huh:

LOL! I'll be looking for it! Think I'll do a bit of caching today, since the sun is out. Gotta enjoy a bit of it before going into work this afternoon....

Oh, and tell Patrick I'll buy the first beer!  :D

Make it a PBR, the official brew of Geocachers everywhere!! :D

or a CACHED CASE of Miller Genuine Draft, the beverage of choice of APE GEOCACHERS IN ILLINOIS!!

:):huh::)

I wonder how TTI signed the log? Left sig item, took case of beer?

There had to be some very disappointed kids that night...

I wonder how TTI signed the log? Left sig item, took case of beer?

:D January 7 by Team Tigger International (1082 found)

Bounced on in....

While Wulf distracted everyone with him amazing beer finding skills (he is Canadian, EH!), Star snuck in and found the cache.

We enjoyed the area and spending time with the other Indiana cachers.

Took beer, left smiling.

Wulf & Star

[view this log on a separate page]

:):huh::)

I'm not sure, Maybe you could figure out the center of the county a different way? Maybe google earth or something?

I can pinpoint the the meridian/division coordinates center using lLead Dog's topo software--it's just that in Wabash County, for example, that location is in the middle of somebody's farm - no roads around-nearest approach would be on SR 13 south of the County Farm--so where would I hide it? Maybe a magnetic on a sign post? ??? :antenna:

I'm not sure, Maybe you could figure out the center of the county a different way?  Maybe google earth or something?

I can pinpoint the the meridian/division coordinates center using lLead Dog's topo software--it's just that in Wabash County, for example, that location is in the middle of somebody's farm - no roads around-nearest approach would be on SR 13 south of the County Farm--so where would I hide it? Maybe a magnetic on a sign post? ??? :antenna:

it seems like virtuals still exist... is there a remarkable tree, or a clear barn/house/outbuildings combo, that you could recognize in pictures? Then require that they have a picture with that behind them, to get them as close as possible (sounds like on SR 13) to the center point.

of course, magnetic on the signpost always works as well. :antenna:

I don't know what to do about Wabash...Meridian and Division never meet... Maybe you guys have an idea? :antenna:

Let me see if I can calculate the centroid of that county. It may not be a road though...

Rupert has thoughtfully emailed me the geographical center coords and I can get my doggy butt a lot closer to them than I can to the theoretical intersection of Division and Meridian roads... He has the coords for all the counties, I think he said, so if anybody needs them to hide THEIR CoC-RoW cache, let me know I will get them for you or whatever. :antenna:

Easy using streets and trips, just take a highlighter off of both center roads. According to that it's in what appears to be a stone quarry just NE of Wabash. The closest public land seems to be the memorial lawns cemetery.

I'd suggest you find the closest public land and place it there. You're almost never going to be able to place one right in the middle.

Jaypit allready did this in Hancock County, it happens to be in a public area near a courthouse. See GCQDM2.

I don't know what to do about Wabash...Meridian and Division never meet... Maybe you guys have an idea? :D

Let me see if I can calculate the centroid of that county. It may not be a road though...

Rupert has thoughtfully emailed me the geographical center coords and I can get my doggy butt a lot closer to them than I can to the theoretical intersection of Division and Meridian roads... He has the coords for all the counties, I think he said, so if anybody needs them to hide THEIR CoC-RoW cache, let me know I will get them for you or whatever. :D

Gee LD - Down here in littl' ol' Brown County we don't even have a Division Street or a Meridian Street, but if you email me the Brown County CoC Coords I'll see what I can do. Sounds like fun.

Speaking of FUN....Sounds like we are going to have LOTS of FUN tomorrow at the INDIGO TRAIL MIX.

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

I don't know what to do about Wabash...Meridian and Division never meet... Maybe you guys have an idea? :D

Rupert has thoughtfully emailed me the geographical center coords and I can get my doggy butt a lot closer to them than I can to the theoretical intersection of Division and Meridian roads... He has the coords for all the counties, I think he said, so if anybody needs them to hide THEIR CoC-RoW cache, let me know I will get them for you or whatever. :D

Gee LD - Down here in littl' ol' Brown County we don't even have a Division Street or a Meridian Street, but if you email me the Brown County CoC Coords I'll see what I can do. Sounds like fun.

Speaking of FUN....Sounds like we are going to have LOTS of FUN tomorrow at the INDIGO TRAIL MIX.

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

email sent.

Looking forwark to Rock Shelter Trail tomorrow :lol:

Rupert has thoughtfully emailed me the geographical center coords and I can get my doggy butt a lot closer to them than I can to the theoretical intersection of Division and Meridian roads... He has the coords for all the counties, I think he said, so if anybody needs them to hide THEIR CoC-RoW cache, let me know I will get them for you or whatever. :)

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

WE flatlander dogs lay out our roads in square mile grids. you mountain folks never saw a straight road did you? :D:D:lol:;)

I don't know what to do about Wabash...Meridian and Division never meet... Maybe you guys have an idea? ;)

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

WE flatlander dogs lay out our roads in square mile grids. you mountain folks never saw a straight road did you? :):D:lol::D

You mean there are straight roads in Indiana???? I was in college before I figured out that 600N 200W stuff. Oh well we have "funner" names for our roads down here, too...where else would you find Hornettown Road, Fruitdale Road, Bear Wallow Hill Road, Scarce O' Fat Ridge Road and well, Upper Bean Blossom Road.

Waxing up my surf board for the TRAIL MIX .....

~~~~ **** Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep **** ~~~~

This just in.. Star of TTI would like to Nominiate Awsome EV- the renoundly famous caching klutz for the following position....... Special Deputy Awsome Ev...

In charge of Incarcerated " MY PRECIOUS" Weiner dogz and Patrick Russel Terriers, and Dangerous Abigail Bassets, and all Geocaching Klutzes of Indiana... and some theivin beer drinkin canadians... (poor kids) and 2 license plates in trunk trying to crosse canadian border idiots..( i should really get rid of the old plate :huh::laughing: ) and grumpy, growley, cantankerious (sp) *don't know meaning * Lead Dogs (we know who you are and where you live) .....

~~~~ **** Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep **** ~~~~

Ev's Application

*United States Citizen

*Must be 21 years of age-------- Got it under control

*High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus transcripts of grades---- Got diploma need transcripts

*College Degree (not required)--- Weiner Wrangler

*Valid Indiana drivers license--- Check clear got it 10-4 good buddy

*Social Security Card---- I think my green card expired I have to go back to melmack to get a new one

*Birth Certificate------ I don't really thinkg their my parents,, i need a blood test

*Your Personal Resume------

Name- Awsome EV

Address- BFE IN USA

Education- West Noble

Westview

got 8th grade educations as to requirements of the Old Order Amish Church

Work History- Convienient store attendant

retail sales

weiner sitter min sitter wulf sitter

clueless caretaker

feed hauler

WULF head banger ( make his head hurt)

gracefully falls down waterfalls

wedding crasher

moodist interuptist

stalker :mad:

Hobbys- treasure hunter

picture destroyer

frog kisser

mattress tester

diesel fuming trucker chick 10-4 good buddy

truck stop inspecter

no strech of I-94 untouched

Special skills-- all the above.. and my mommy sayz i'm special

Forgin languages- Amish

Bubble

Ubbui Dubbi

"PIG" latin

Ev isims

*Six non-relatives list for references

Star

Wulf

~Mystery dog~

Noclue

Polka Dott

Grand Exhualted Leader

Include any special skills, qualifications, certificates or fluency in a second language ect

Declared Mentally Insane by the Indiana Geocacher Association

Ok, I finally had to look up Patrick's new cache series. Ohhhh, NOW I get it!!

I have caches in two counties, LaPorte and St. Joseph. Maybe someone could look up info for me on these two and I can see what I can do.

Accoriding to my map, Laporte County has a division Road and the center would be in the city of Laporte somewhere. St. Joseph County doesn't seem to have numbered county roads, so maybe for these two counties you would have to ask Rupert2 for the geographical center coordinates... :laughing:

That's right, LaPorte Co does have a Division Rd. I forgot about that. But if the center is in LaPorte, that's a little too far for me to maintain. I know of another cacher though who has a lot in the city of LaPorte and around it. They even have one placed near the courthouse (which may just be the center of the county!). I can contact them once we know where the center is.

I think the center of St. Joe Co. might be near US 31 and Kern Rd., but I'm not sure. My husband thinks it's south of Kern. That area is pretty close to me. Any input Rupert?

We'll, the offense certainly can't complain about not having any chances. I was really laughing at the end when they had to go for the touchdown and fumbled. I kind of saw it coming too.

To stay on topic (and keep the mods somewhat happy), I'm going again to check out the new "Check Your Sources" cache in Anderson. I'll be there around 11 AM. Maybe another few hours of seaching tacked on to my current 4 will help. Maybe we can have a mini-event cache next weekend if nobody's found it. :tired:

Enough about the Colts, I've cried a river! I haven't checked on this forum for awhile and relized I'm a pioneer in county central caches! I've just read about 50 posts and don't remember who mentioned mine in Hancock County, but thanks for the recognition, it's my favorite of the few I have hid! For reference: GCQDM2

I'm curious how GM did on The Journal. We've been thinking about going after it for a while now, but it's a bit far.

Wulf

Left this morning at 6:00am, got back home at 10:30pm 8 full hours in the woods attempting this cache with the rest spent driving. I'm sorry to report we don't get to log a find........YET! We completed every stage but the last one because we failed to comprehend one very important clue. We figured out our mistake about 30 minutes after we left which actually made us feel better. THIS CACHE IS NO JOKE, GPS said we trekked 17 miles, I may not be alive in the morning. Not only do you need to be physically prepared but your also have to keep an open mind and stay thinking (outside the box). I cannot say enough about this cache, a lot of work into it, it is well worth the trip. I won’t give any advice because I don’t want to spoil it for anybody. All I can say is be prepared. One thing is for sure, at days end, I could care less about the Colts right now. Gotta go, I’m going to go dig out grandma’s old walker out of the basement..

I meant to announce... Andrewrj, formerly of Martinsville, IN and currently out of Washington State is visiting family ... Looks like we're meeting for pizza and whatever tomorrow at the Ordinary in Wanamaker. ... about noon. A bit of caching and then I have to go to work.