Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Don't you know of any interesting pioneer cemeteries within your own hide/seek zone? ;)

I live on the south side of Indy. The only ones around that I know of are because of ISQ.

Believe me, I'm not trying to downplay ISQ or say that other places are better than what's already there. Far from it. What I'm saying is that there are a ton of historical areas, including Terre Haute, Vincennes, and Lafayette, that I'm surprised no one has jumped on.

I don't know, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here. ;)

Score my first 2 finds as ISQs.  Got them both today.  My wife has informed me that we're going out on Monday, weather permitting, so I'll hopefully pick up at least 1 more then.  I can think of a couple great old, really old, cemetaries near where I grew up that would be good places for caches, too.

Congratualtions on your first finds. There is a second (regular sized ammo box) cache in the same cemetery as ISQ #211 that is pretty good. To tell the truth it is really easy to find since it has a computer keyboard sitting on top of it (no joke).

looking forward to more of your find logs...

Rupert, last I'd heard ghoulish goods at round hill was missing... of course i haven't looked at the page recently so it may have been replaced by now...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM SHYDOG ON THEIR 500TH FIND!!

December 30 by Team Shydog (500 found)

Find #500

This is one of the nicest looking old pioneer cemeteries I have seen and I sure have seen a bunch of them in the last 2 years. Someone has put alot of hard work into restoring the headstones here. Wonderful place to mark a milestone for Team Shydog. Thank you for putting this cache out for us to find.

Chris-Team Shydog

GEOISQ

Monticello, IN

B)B):lol:

Don't you know of any interesting pioneer cemeteries within your own hide/seek zone? ;)

I live on the south side of Indy. The only ones around that I know of are because of ISQ.

Believe me, I'm not trying to downplay ISQ or say that other places are better than what's already there. Far from it. What I'm saying is that there are a ton of historical areas, including Terre Haute, Vincennes, and Lafayette, that I'm surprised no one has jumped on.

What about that nice cemetery right there in Southport?

... And the little one on the east side of Emerson Ave. just north of Southport Rd.? ... the one with all the developers drooling over the land.

... And the little one on the east side of Emerson Ave. just north of Southport Rd.? ... the one with all the developers drooling over the land.

well the one on the east side of Emerson just north of southport already has one Torry...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...11-71360de5271e Indiana Spirit Quest #372: Rush Hour

You mean the one just east of Madison beside that old church? Probably a good one, I've never been there, though. Same with the one you mention on Emerson. Farthest north of Southport and Emerson I've been is the Nextel place in that little strip center.

Another good one might be the one in Greenwood, west of 31 on Main St.

I talked to my wife about the ISQ caches last night, and she's super interested. I think we're going out Monday and will probably try and hit a couple more. We're both history buffs, so ISQ is right up our alley.

You mean the one just east of Madison beside that old church? Probably a good one, I've never been there, though. Same with the one you mention on Emerson. Farthest north of Southport and Emerson I've been is the Nextel place in that little strip center.

Another good one might be the one in Greenwood, west of 31 on Main St.

I talked to my wife about the ISQ caches last night, and she's super interested. I think we're going out Monday and will probably try and hit a couple more. We're both history buffs, so ISQ is right up our alley.

there on southport east of madison is Mary Bryan - Pioneer Woman

and on main jsut west of US 31 is Spooky Grounds , But there's enough room in that cemetery for another cache in the northern section

Well, poo. I guess I oughta check up on the new ones. ... I'd forgotten about Mary Bryan.

I went to grade school at Douglas MacArthur Elementary and thought I remembered one near there as well ... but that was a loo-o-o-o-ng time ago. Also have memories of one near the ball diamond on McFarland from my Little League days.

I need to get out more. ...

So can anyone turn a cache of theirs into an ISQ cache?

I'd be more than happy to turn the Mary Bryan one into an ISQ. I have a good digital camera and could take some photos and dig up ( no pun intended ) some more history on the grounds there.

Shoot me an email if you'd like. I'm still in Arizona until the 5th, but when I return I could continue my GEOCACHING in INDIANA by turning Mary Bryan into an ISQ.

Jeff

Actually, anyone can do just about anything one's capable of doing. Actions have consequences, however, as any dog who has pee'd in the wrong spot knows. You MAY have to answer to authorities here in INDIANA or in the afterlife...

Lead dog told me he is sending JEff an email, though.

Don't you just love this doggy GEOCACHING philosophy? ;)

To all Good Dogs:

Happy New Years!! Kiss Kiss to Mystery Dog. Happy Trails!

:);):)

PS where did Xile get that image of my evil alter Ego, Grumpy Growly?

Actually, anyone can do just about anything one's capable of doing. Actions have consequences, however, as any dog who has pee'd in the wrong spot knows. You MAY have to answer to authorities here in INDIANA or in the afterlife...

Lead dog told me he is sending JEff an email, though.

Don't you just love this doggy GEOCACHING philosophy? ;)

To all Good Dogs:

Happy New Years!! Kiss Kiss to Mystery Dog. Happy Trails!

:);):)

PS where did Xile get that image of my evil alter Ego, Grumpy Growly?

I'm not saying anything until i've had a chance to speak to my laywer

Found 4 today. Looks like project APE may just be #400. I did not plant any but spent a bunch on time yesterday on maintenance.

Thanks Shydog for replacing logs, that saves me a ton of time!

Woo hoo! That's 2 of us that will be gettin #400 at the APE! And now we might have someone getting #800 there? Too cool!!

Mrs. Car54

Woo hoo! That's 2 of us that will be gettin #400 at the APE! And now we might have someone getting #800 there? Too cool!!

Mrs. Car54

It doesn't look like my APE cache trek will yield a milestone number, but it will be fun anyway. Furthermore, SixDogTeam and I gathered info needed for one of the puzzle caches that's on the list (Cachiversary 4.5), so a few of us may jaunt off for that. Now all we need is for someone to stomach a couple of bad films. :D:D:D

Oh my... Zorry had better watch out...

Indiana Spirit Quest #339: Lost and Founders

January 2 by Torry (351 found)

Woo-woo! My third ISQ! Zorry will be SO jealous.

Neat cemetery and fun to roam. Having lived around here for years it's a treat to see the names of families I've known for decades.

Also really great to find a full-sized cache. Adds a lot to the game.

Left some piggies.

HEY INDY TECHNERD! Check your PM box.

Got it, thx.

The family and I went to Best Buy today, wife needed a new computer game, and I thought about hitting the Greenwood Mall cache. Then the sky opened up. Now that it's starting to clear off I might lace up the boots and hit Glenn's Valley by my self. Depends on the size and content of the honeydew list.

BTW, is today the 2nd of January or the 2nd of May?

Congratulations to the venerable BlueGillFisherMan who found his 800th GEOCACHE at ISQ #400 "Fallen Hero" in North Manchester, INDIANA:

January 1 by bluegillfisherman (806 found)

#800 I couldn't think of a better cache to do to remember another round number. On the first day of the year as well.

The first & most important thing, was to stop & pay my respects to young Scott. He is an example of why this country has it's freedom.

SL Left gratitude. Took a memory that will never fade away.

Thank you.

bgf

And we thank you, BGF!

:)

It doesn't look like my APE cache trek will yield a milestone number, but it will be fun anyway. Furthermore, SixDogTeam and I gathered info needed for one of the puzzle caches that's on the list (Cachiversary 4.5), so a few of us may jaunt off for that. Now all we need is for someone to stomach a couple of bad films.  :)  :lol:  :)

Which ones?

Wulf

this one.http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ea-0650b1fa7cd4

Edited by Buddaman

I'm hoping to go by the public library and find copies of the two films for Bad Movie Cache, which some of us from INDIANA might want to go GEOCACHING at this Saturday. While Cutthroat Island might be tolerable, I'm guess that The Hot Chick will probably require some kind of stomach medicine. :):)

I'll let everyone know if I get a chance to make this sacrifice for the greater INDIANA GEOCACHING community. (Did I say that twice?) :lol:

Can I take these stoopid antlers off now?

When GEOCACHING in INDIANA, Christmas decorations should not be out until AFTER Thanksgiving and be removed not more than 12 days after Christmas (per the old tradition). The way I see it, you have until midnight on Thursday to loose the antlers. Normally some sort of threat would accompany such an ultimatum, but given you are wearing antlers in the first place, I assume that you have already been neutered.

...poor Patrick! <_<

Edited by Rupert2

Can I take these stoopid antlers off now?

When GEOCACHING in INDIANA, Christmas decorations should not be out until AFTER Thanksgiving and be removed not more than 12 days after Christmas (per the old tradition). The way I see it, you have until midnight on Thursday to loose the antlers. Normally some sort of threat would accompany such an ultimatum, but given you are wearing antlers in the first place, I assume that you have already been neutered.

...poor Patrick! B)

Lead Dog is in charge of the decorations since he has oposable thumbs...

E. Patrick INDIANA GEOCACHING stats so far for 2006:

Caches Found: 0

USA geocoins found: 1

Caches Hidden: 0

Caches Maintenanced: 3

Hot Dogs consumed: 27

B)