Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Plenty of short hikes to get to before summer. Most of them are short anyway. Only a few longer ones like summit lake, a couple on the cardinal greenway and the muncie resorvoir. Even if I went in cold weather, I'd be swollowed by the mud at summit lake or the reservoir right now.

Now someone needs to place a new one within 20 miles of here so I can race for the FTF.

WARNING!!! Just received an email from a New Albany area cacher. He wanted me to know that one of his friends saw him find a cache in Community Park. Apparently this so called friend's new goal is the find all the caches in the park and steal from them! What a friend he must be!

WARNING!!! Just received an email from a New Albany area cacher. He wanted me to know that one of his friends saw him find a cache in Community Park. Apparently this so called friend's new goal is the find all the caches in the park and steal from them! What a friend he must be!

The friend must be delt with quickly. :rolleyes::)

Congratulations to another cacher who reached the half century mark on an ISQ cache!

tvnewsbiz found Indiana Spirit Quest #335: How iz yer sight? (Traditional Cache)

at 12/27/2005

Log Date: 12/27/2005

#500!!

Following a subtle, but not revealing hint from the owners, I was finally able

to nab this one on my fifth trip. This was an outstanding hide with a very

creative container. Thanks for letting me make this a milestone find.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: UPDATE ON THREAT FROM THIEF! I questioned the cacher who sent me the information. The supposed thief is thirteen and doesn't have a gps or computer. Really doesn't sound like much of a threat! From experience, some of us cachers even have trouble once in a while and we have a gps! The only way he will find a cache is by lurking around when someone is looking for a cache!

Do you know what you do when ma leave you in charge of the house.... Everything goes wrong.. Oh and the major thing.. I hope that the dog food lasts.... Good thing tomorrow is pay day.... At least the bones are gonna last...

Ya know I really hope that Ma and Pa are having fun while in Niagra... Prolly Caching.. Ma said something about tempting to go down the gorge to get the cache at the bottom.. They tried last year to attempt it but it was really really icy....

Any one got any New Years resolutions....? I hope to reach 1000 caches this next year...

Star left plenty of dog food before she left to go caching with me. No trips down the gorge but we did find a nice 9/11 memorial. Only thing that spoiled it for us was a carpy cache hide. Claimed it was handicap access but there were some steep muddy inclines and the cache was on under a big rock on the waterside which required a perilous climb so close to the water.

I'm sure if Precious gets hungry she can find a way to get Patrick and his friends to rescue her.

Wulf

APE Cache Run Update

Team Shydog has presented a tentative list of caches planned for the APE Cache Run of 7 January. I have them listed in a GEOCACHING bookmark which can be reached from the link below.

APE Cache Run List

While not on Shydog's list, I've included a quartet of puzzle caches along that path that I would be interested in checking out. If there are any adventurous cachers interested in checking them out, let me know. One of them involves gathering information from a point near Marion, INDIANA.

One of them involves gathering information from a point near Marion

That is well north of Marion. It is less than half a mile from ISQ#170. I wonder if there is anyone from the Huntington/Wabash Co. area that would be willing to go gather the information (and that will be on the APE run)?

A cemetery in Huntington County without an ISQ. What is up with that? :antenna:

Edited by Rupert2
One of them involves gathering information from a point near Marion

That is well north of Marion. It is less than half a mile from ISQ#170. I wonder if there is anyone from the Huntington/Wabash Co. area that would be willing to go gather the information (and that will be on the APE run)?

A cemetery in Huntington County without an ISQ. What is up with that? :antenna:

It is a very modern cemetery, with all markers laying flat, no trees ,no bushes, not really anyplace to hide a cache... I could go there, but I'm not sure what good it would really do--hunt for a marker that said "Markwell" and get the dates off it--is that the idea? I don't think the other people that found the cache in Illinois need ed the data... Anyway, if there is enuff interest from the APE cachers I would be willing to check it out with the proper inducements. Maybe I could find some interesting data on some markers and someplace to attach a magnetic cache... I'm not sure. Any ideas on how to hide in such an environment? There is at least one other cem. in Huntington County that has no good hiding spots also.,,

I assume the dots are color coordinated for the hider.

They are supposed to be. Because I dangle the file out on photobucket, the file is automatically reduced in size and resolution. Much of the detail is lost. It is the best I can do right now. You may see an ultra-sharp paper version of this some day...

I assume the dots are color coordinated for the hider.

They are supposed to be. Because I dangle the file out on photobucket, the file is automatically reduced in size and resolution. Much of the detail is lost. It is the best I can do right now. You may see an ultra-sharp paper version of this some day...

either way, I still think it looks great!

Distribution of ISQ Caches

There are currently ISQ caches in 45 Indiana Counties.

That is an awesome map, Rupert. I assume the dots are color coordinated for the hider.

Great Job!!

I opened the file in Photoshop and the color dots are a little more distinct. I was thinking about an all day ISQ run sometime this summer, now I can "see" a better plan developing because of the map. THANKS RUPERT2

Distribution of ISQ Caches

There are currently ISQ caches in 45 Indiana Counties.

That is an awesome map, Rupert. I assume the dots are color coordinated for the hider.

Great Job!!

I opened the file in Photoshop and the color dots are a little more distinct. I was thinking about an all day ISQ run sometime this summer, now I can "see" a better plan developing because of the map. THANKS RUPERT2

I want in on that all day ISQ run. I need to get my numbers up, Budda Man is catching up to me. They're all park and grabs, right? What is a Budda, anyway?I've done a few of them--I want to see what all the big deal is about. They're just film cans hidden in hollow trees in old cemeteries, right? I want to get a hundred of them. I have the need for numbers. I wish I was on a beach with a little fruity drink.

The map look awsome.

Just add two dots around the Delphi area in Carroll county.

Boy that's alot of Geocaches in Indiana.

I have correct the map and updated links and modified the posts. I see how I missed it now (need to make better use of the bookmarks).

46 Counties and growing!

The map look awsome.

Just add two dots around the Delphi area in Carroll county.

Boy that's alot of Geocaches in Indiana.

I have correct the map and updated links and modified the posts. I see how I missed it now (need to make better use of the bookmarks).

46 Counties and growing!

I'll try to place a few up in Howard, Benton, and Newton counties

Nice map, only a few near me (near the corner of delaware, henry & madison counties). I'll definatly grab those near me. ISQ is one of the first things that caught my eye while browsing caches and the forums.

I may join in on that ISQ all day thing too. Keep me posted. I'll have my drivers license by then (just a permit now) so i'll be wanting to go to a bunch of caches. I don't really care what area you travel to. Both of the major dot centers are about 50 miles from my house. It's up to you guys since you've been to alot more than me (and may of found most in some areas).

Nice map, only a few near me (near the corner of delaware, henry & madison counties). I'll definatly grab those near me. ISQ is one of the first things that caught my eye while browsing caches and the forums.

I may join in on that ISQ all day thing too. Keep me posted. I'll have my drivers license by then (just a permit now) so i'll be wanting to go to a bunch of caches. I don't really care what area you travel to. Both of the major dot centers are about 50 miles from my house. It's up to you guys since you've been to alot more than me (and may of found most in some areas).

I think we need to go to the major dot center that is NOT Huntington/Wabash counties.

Yeah, I thought you might say that, ;) . Like I said, I have a big 0 ISQs (will have 3 or 4 by summer) so it doesn't matter to me. Indy cluster is fine. I don't really care what day. I go to school online, so I can do weekdays. Just as long as it's after April 6th (a day at the clockless BMV).

P.S.: I'm not one of those "annoying" teenagers, don't worry. In fact, most people my age annoy the heck out of me.

Score my first 2 finds as ISQs. Got them both today. My wife has informed me that we're going out on Monday, weather permitting, so I'll hopefully pick up at least 1 more then. I can think of a couple great old, really old, cemetaries near where I grew up that would be good places for caches, too.

Congratualtions on your first finds. There is a second (regular sized ammo box) cache in the same cemetery as ISQ #211 that is pretty good. To tell the truth it is really easy to find since it has a computer keyboard sitting on top of it (no joke).

looking forward to more of your find logs...

And you're mentioning this because...?

Because according to the map, western Indiana is pretty much devoid of ISQ caches. I grew up in Parke County, and the small towns there all have old cemetaries, some with only 20 or so headstones. There are cemetaries that probably haven't had a body buried there in a hundred years. Two worth checking out are Rock Run and West Union. I'm just offering a suggestion, as I assume that we've not seen the last caches placed for ISQ.

And you're mentioning this because...?

Because according to the map, western Indiana is pretty much devoid of ISQ caches. I grew up in Parke County, and the small towns there all have old cemetaries, some with only 20 or so headstones. There are cemetaries that probably haven't had a body buried there in a hundred years. Two worth checking out are Rock Run and West Union. I'm just offering a suggestion, as I assume that we've not seen the last caches placed for ISQ.

Don't you know of any interesting pioneer cemeteries within your own hide/seek zone? ;)