Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

So what's on everyone's Christmas lists? Last night I picked out one of my presents from my husband -- a nice warm "play coat" as I call it (to distinguish it from the long coat I wear to work). Now I can go out for winter hikes (and geocaching!) and not wear one of his. Last Christmas I got some new hiking boots so I'm all set there.

He also mentioned, but I'm not sure if he's serious, that he was getting me my own GPS. The one I use is, afterall, the same one I gave to him last Christmas!

Zoe-dog wants that new geocaching doggie bandana, which she'll get eventually, but instead she's getting some green Dentabones, I forget what they're called. I bought her some doggie booties (she WILL NOT stop licking those back paws!) but they rubbed her already raw toes bloody, so I took those back. Poor girl. "All I want for Christmas is some new back feet, some new back feet, some new back feet."

So what's on everyone's Christmas lists? Last night I picked out one of my presents from my husband -- a nice warm "play coat" as I call it (to distinguish it from the long coat I wear to work). Now I can go out for winter hikes (and geocaching!) and not wear one of his. Last Christmas I got some new hiking boots so I'm all set there.

He also mentioned, but I'm not sure if he's serious, that he was getting me my own GPS. The one I use is, afterall, the same one I gave to him last Christmas!

Zoe-dog wants that new geocaching doggie bandana, which she'll get eventually, but instead she's getting some green Dentabones, I forget what they're called. I bought her some doggie booties (she WILL NOT stop licking those back paws!) but they rubbed her already raw toes bloody, so I took those back. Poor girl. "All I want for Christmas is some new back feet, some new back feet, some new back feet."

Funny you mention that you might get your own GPS. I already purchased my wife's presents, but she told me that she wanted her own GPS since I won't let her borrow mine! LOL! Just need to get her one and be done with it, huh! :laughing:

Good Morning fellow INDIANA GEOCACHERS! Only four more shopping days til Christmas. Lead Dog's Jacket size is 40 Reg.  :huh:

Soon it will be time to look back over the year's GEOCACHING activities and remember all the fun we had GEOCACHING.in INDIANA. And time to make new year's GEOCACHING resolutions. As a year end project, why don't we each of us post a photo of GEOCACHERS DOING THEIR THING,  as a year end scrapbook. Crappy idea? Then don't do it, I don't care.  :laughing:

I will start it out. Here is an image of Wheeldog and Earthdog Patrick at a trailhead in northern INDIANA with a little yellow Etrex...

a3336822-bdf7-438e-8296-8f238a818b72.jpg

:laughing: ANYBODY ELSE?

The best time Bean Blossom Gang had this year was caching in Nevada after the AAU World Powerlifting Championships in Laughlin.

We hit this virtual cache called "Crapped Out...I'm going caching" Indian petroglyphs, a little climbing, hiking in the desert...WOW!

a40dc936-f385-4ec5-bc60-23ab36256652.jpg

Not to mention all the "Gold" we took home from the Powerlifting meet.

7af1ff49-d07d-4749-b180-df55bade3eeb.jpg

Team Steel Sorority brought home 16 Gold medals, and about a dozen World Records.

Sarah (the youngest) also won "Best Teenage Female Lifter" for the whole meet.

All I want for Christmas is 20 more caches...to get me to 200 before the end of the year!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Well, let's see if I can figure out how to post a picture! LOL! According to Lead Dog's instructions, it should go something like this....

This is our three girls at their first cache find. We found ten caches that day with NO DNF's!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!! The girls had a great time and we're looking forward to getting a bit more active in this great hobby!

773b30ab-f9b8-4883-8d00-70ce0311d257.jpg

Just saying hello to the other Indiana Geocachers. I picked up a GPS last week and am looking at giving this a shot. I may try to get out this weekend before Christmas around Broad Ripple or Fort Ben. We'll see. Not sure how much I'll be in here, but thought I'd say hi.

one word of advice... If you're going to look for a cache behind a bank, make sure it wasn't robbed the day before you plan to go... :(

Since the reluctant hubby isn't always with Zoe-dog and I when we're out, I don't have many pictures of us. But we all enjoyed a September trip down to Turkey Run.

Here's our scrapbook contribution. Me and Zoe hiking at Turkey Run. This is fairly early in our day, well before we fell off the trail along the top of a small canyon. Well, Zoe just slipped, I fell trying to catch her!

b2220f66-7128-437f-8abf-e5a0b01f28e6.jpg

Edited by hide & seekers

Well, I wonder how everyone will be celebrating tomorrow's non-denominational, non-supernatural holiday. I refer everyone to Festivus, a holiday for the rest of us! :cry: (There's an event in Kansas commemorating it. I think next year INDIANA should consider one.)

Anyway, I'm to the wilds of southwestern Virginia to visit family for some other holiday that they tend to give too much credence to. :lol: I, of course, plan to go GEOCACHING while I'm down there. What amazes me is that two years ago, there was hardly anything in the area, at least around the Tri-Cities of Tennessee. Now it's super-cache-dense. Do I smell double-digit cache days ahead? :D

Anyway, Happy Festivus to all!

[edit for stupid spelling error]

Edited by S Keillan
<snip>I, of course, plan to go GEOCACHING while I'm down there. What amazes me is that two years ago, there was hardly anything in the area, at least around the Tri-Cities of Tennessee. Now it's super-cache-dense. Do I smell double-digit cache days ahead? :lol:

You go, Kelly! Maybe you can get up to 599 by the time of the APE run! :D

Mrs. Car54

P.S. I love to go GEOCACHING in INDIANA!

Here's another image for the Year End ScrapBook about GEOCACHING in INDIANA.

Some of the urban caches in Ft. Wayne are near Hobo camping grounds--Here's some tramps we saw at one of them. They had a little campfire going, and were swapping stories about hopping freights to chicago, while passing around a bottle of cough medicine or something:

d7837924-2817-4cd5-ba81-fcedbb20c046.jpg

They reminded me of a couple of somebodies, but I can't quite place it.

:D:lol::D:cry:

Those two guys on the right bear a remarkable resemblance to the bums in Patrick's photo.... :P

It looks like the squatters are taking over in the Indiana Parks. They don't even need a permit! :D

They are not geocaching photos but I did snap a couple of photos after recieving my geo-bone from LemonFreshDog. Though I post them here as well.

lucy.jpg

This is my geo-dog Lucy the wonder pup. She just returned home on Monday after taking a week and a half "walkabout" around the big city.

Otter.jpg

This is Otter. We found her while looking for Lucy. I hate to admit it, but I hope I get to keep her. No we did not make away with 1markymark1's dog while at Pokagon. This one is a female.

Edited by Rupert2
Those two guys on the right bear a remarkable resemblance to the bums in Patrick's photo.... :D

It looks like the squatters are taking over in the Indiana Parks. They don't even need a permit! :)

They are not geocaching photos but I did snap a couple of photos after recieving my geo-bone from LemonFreshDog. Though I post them here as well.

lucy.jpg

This is my geo-dog Lucy the wonder pup. She just returned home on Monday after taking a week and a half "walkabout" around the big city.

Otter.jpg

This is Otter. We found her while looking for Lucy. I hate to admit it, but I hope I get to keep her. No we did not make away with 1markymark1's dog while at Pokagon. This one is a female.

Rupert,

Where did you get those dog tags? Is that geocaching info I see on there??? :P Need to get some tags for my pup.

Those two guys on the right bear a remarkable resemblance to the bums in Patrick's photo.... :)

It looks like the squatters are taking over in the Indiana Parks. They don't even need a permit! :)

lucy.jpg

Otter.jpg

Rupert,

Where did you get those dog tags? Is that geocaching info I see on there??? :D Need to get some tags for my pup.

Is it just me or do both of these dogs have YELLOW EYes?

We have plans to go GEOCACHING in INDIANA this a.m. since we're having a heat wave. May even hide an ISQ or two...

:P:D:):)

Those two guys on the right bear a remarkable resemblance to the bums in Patrick's photo.... :D

It looks like the squatters are taking over in the Indiana Parks. They don't even need a permit! :lol:

lucy.jpg

Otter.jpg

Rupert,

Where did you get those dog tags? Is that geocaching info I see on there??? :rolleyes: Need to get some tags for my pup.

Those are the rare and valuable LemonFreshDog geobones. I wish I could get one. *sigh*

Wulf

Rupert,

Where did you get those dog tags?  Is that geocaching info I see on there???  ;)  Need to get some tags for my pup.

As Wulf indicated that is a special bone. The geo-bones are Lemon Fresh Dog's geo-sig items (geocoins if you will). He has pictures of the posted on his personal page. I know that he is really into dropping them into caches. He is from Calgary so if you ever get up that way, check the caches. I traded for mine.

Lemon Fresh Dog's webpage

They do weigh a ton. It is definately not something for everyday use.

Annual SixDogTeam Christmas Card to all INDIANA GEOCACHERS:

c55ccb01-9e5c-4d06-9a5d-ee61be76b9a3.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM EARTHDOG, LEAD DOG AND WHEEL DOG

Oh my! Does patrick always go around wearing no pants???

I'm suprised he hasn't been arrested by the police by now...

Yes Patrick's usual state is pretty much au natural...and since the Doctor told us to give up Bourbon, we've been drinking Yukon Jack... :oB) When we're not GEOCACHING in INDIANA that is...

Annual SixDogTeam Christmas Card to all INDIANA GEOCACHERS:

c55ccb01-9e5c-4d06-9a5d-ee61be76b9a3.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM EARTHDOG, LEAD DOG AND WHEEL DOG

Oh my! Does patrick always go around wearing no pants???

I'm suprised he hasn't been arrested by the police by now...

Yes Patrick's usual state is pretty much au natural...and since the Doctor told us to give up Bourbon, we've been drinking Yukon Jack... B)B) When we're not GEOCACHING in INDIANA that is...

Looks like you boys all were hitting that bottle of Yucon Jack pretty hard ... Ya just had to get that Patrick , Drunk to get him to wear matching outfits now didn't you ! :oB)

Star

Ooooo, Santa was good to me! Mr. Car54 got me an Explorist 210 for Christmas!!! We cache with a Garmin Map 60C and have often commented that it would be nice to have a Magellan as a second unit so we could enjoy the different benefits of each brand. Plus, he usually carries the Garmin 'cause I frequently press wrong buttons and then he has to "fix" things. B)

So now I have my very own GPS - watch out! Now Mr. Car54 won't have to hear me ask "how close are we?" all the time. <_< The only bad thing is that we are sitting on 399 finds until we make the APE cache run on Jan. 7. Oh the agony - can't use my brand new toy until then. Guess I'll spend the time reading the manual, playing with the GPS and getting ready for my first cache find with my new toy!!

Mrs. Car54

You can always go back to a cache you've allready found and leave a note. In fact, that would probaly be best for new equitment. You know where it is, does the gps?

Anyway, I went to my first 4 caches today. Went to a couple of Torry's and one of Greengeckos. Had a great first day and found all three of those. Looked for "Whose Park" by BRVViking, but couldn't find it. I belive it's missing because of christmas tree sales at the location.

First post here, woohoo! My wife bought me a Garmin ETrex Legend for Xmas and I'm off to the races. I'm looking forward to getting into this amazing hobby.

since you're from the Indi area, you might wanna check into the TrailMix on the 14th of January - it's up near your neck of the woods. Some of the "big" cachers in the state (the ones with 4000, 5000 finds) are offering to lead a short hike through Morgan-Monroe State Forest (just south of Martinsville off highway 37). It might be a good way to learn some more about caching while not having to travel too far to do it! more details are available at

Indigo

Just an idea.

Either you have a very cool wife or she does not realize the pandora's box that she has opened.  :o

Welcome.

I think it's a little of both. She thinks I have a Peter Pan complex, I have no desire to discourage that opinion.

Now you can practice saying this to your wife: "Well, you're the one who bought me the GPS!"

:o

Either you have a very cool wife or she does not realize the pandora's box that she has opened.  :)

Welcome.

I think it's a little of both. She thinks I have a Peter Pan complex, I have no desire to discourage that opinion.

Now you can practice saying this to your wife: "Well, you're the one who bought me the GPS!"

:o

or you can do like JAPTKD did and convince your wife tht she wants to come along and get her an account so that she gets hooked too! :o

First post here, woohoo!  My wife bought me a Garmin ETrex Legend for Xmas and I'm off to the races.  I'm looking forward to getting into this amazing hobby.

Either you have a very cool wife or she does not realize the pandora's box that she has opened. :)

Welcome.

I convinced my "ooohhh SOOOOOO sweet" hubby.....

that Geocaching qualified as Exercise :)

:o:o

It is true that GEOCACHING in INDIANA is good for your overall well being. It reduces STRESS which is a major contributor to ill-health. :o

or you can do like JAPTKD did and convince your wife tht she wants to come along and get her an account so that she gets hooked too!  :o

Heh, she got an account here sometime last month just to do research to find out what she needed to get me. I don't think she made any posts, though. The other day I was grumping because I had to wait 24hrs to get on the forums and she says "well, you can use my account."

I think it will be pretty easy to convince her to come along, especially since she likes hiking anyway.