Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

they have broken their thread into FOUR threads - one for Events, one for Congratualtions, one for "Banter" :D whatever that is).

"Banter" is what we all about here, you can say anything about Indiana Geocaching and more on this thread. TTI started this topic, when we were asked to leave the original Indiana thread, by the OP who wanted it to be just a thread about who you were and where you were from: :P

"Hi, I'm Lead Dog from Bippus and I'm the pole that's too short to hold up the Teepee, having been knawed on once too often by big buck-toothed water rodents." :)

And by the way, is anybody as irritated by that kId Deermark as I am, always spoiling our fun by being the voice of reason? Calming the stormy waters we so carefully rile up all the time? :D

BTW, Patrick is in the Wabash County Jail for peeing on a State Trooper's boots, but that's a story for another time... :D

I just noticed  a new cache jump up in Indiana. Three cachers who were with the hider when it was hidden, logged found it smilies dated two days before it was published. Can I log find it's on the caches I've hidden? Two of those logging smilies have thousands of finds, and I want my numbers to be big, too. I've never noticed hiders logging smilies before, or at least admitting it-- is this an option?

--Confused in Servia

That's just plain wrong! Maybe Zoe-dog should just get her own account then so she can be FTF on all my caches since she's usually with me when I hide them!

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

The other day I was out with a group of geocaching friends. One of them hid a geocache and gave the rest of us the coordinates. I don't see the problem. What if the cache owner had hidden the cache and went back with us the following day to find the cache? Is that a problem? Is it wrong to find a cache while the cache owner is present? I don't understand the comment about finding a cache that I hid. I did not hide it. I found it. And, yes, I am going to claim a smiley for a cache that I found, not one that I hid.

It seems that people that were not there and do not know the story are jumping to conclussions that are not valid.

This is supposed to be a fun sport. I enjoy caching with family and friends. I hope it can continue that way without people making assuptions and jumping to conclussions that are not justified.

they have broken their thread into FOUR threads - one for Events, one for Congratualtions, one for "Banter" :D whatever that is).

"Hi, I'm Lead Dog from Bippus and I'm the pole that's too short to hold up the Teepee, having been knawed on once too often by big buck-toothed water rodents." ;)

Hi I'm Buddaman from warsaw and I have been to Bippus, and i'm glad i'm from warsaw. :blink:;)

"Hi, I'm Lead Dog from Bippus and I'm the pole that's too short to hold up the Teepee, having been knawed on once too often by big buck-toothed water rodents." ;)

Hi I'm Buddaman from warsaw and I have been to Bippus, and i'm glad i'm from warsaw. :blink:;)

Hi I'm Wulf from Canada. I've been to Bippus. I think. Maybe?

Hi I'm Buddaman from warsaw and I have been to Bippus, and i'm glad i'm from warsaw. :blink::D

Hi , I am Star , I am from Topeka , Indiana..... I have been to Bippus , and I even know where to find the Sixdogteams homebase ! ;)

they have broken their thread into FOUR threads - one for Events, one for Congratualtions, one for "Banter" :blink: whatever that is).

Hi I'm Buddaman from warsaw and I have been to Bippus, and i'm glad i'm from warsaw. :D;)

Hi , I am Star , I am from Topeka , Indiana..... I have been to Bippus , and I even know where to find the Sixdogteams homebase ! :D

I am Sampson the four pound Yorkie Terrorist that runs the lives of the Bean Blossom Gang.

What's a Bippus?

We live in Bean Blossom.

(Haven't I seen this thread somewhere before???)

So there is territory here? Forgive me, I really don't know the rules. I guess I'm wearing the wrong colors in the wrong hood. Dang, I wanna smoke somebody. Anyway, if your alliances don't allow you to post on another thread I won't be offended. If I can't make any Indiana friends then I'll hit Michigan or something and you guys can stay here, pop in an old Ron Jeremy flick, and rub each others backs..

they have broken their thread into FOUR threads - one for Events, one for Congratualtions, one for "Banter" :) whatever that is).

"Hi, I'm Lead Dog from Bippus and I'm the pole that's too short to hold up the Teepee, having been knawed on once too often by big buck-toothed water rodents." :)

Hi I'm Buddaman from warsaw and I have been to Bippus, and i'm glad i'm from warsaw. ;);)

Hi , I am Star , I am from Topeka , Indiana..... I have been to Bippus , and I even know where to find the Sixdogteams homebase ! :lol:

I am Sampson the four pound Yorkie Terrorist that runs the lives of the Bean Blossom Gang.

What's a Bippus?

We live in Bean Blossom.

(Haven't I seen this thread somewhere before???)

Hi. I'm Mintaka and I work with someone from Bippus. Yes, apparently others have escaped :D .

So there is territory here?  Forgive me, I really don't know the rules.  I guess I'm wearing the wrong colors in the wrong hood. Dang, I wanna smoke somebody.  Anyway, if your alliances don't allow you to post on another thread I won't be offended.  If I can't make any Indiana friends then I'll hit Michigan or something and you guys can stay here, pop in an old Ron Jeremy flick, and rub each others backs..

and this from someone who claims to wanna make nice ? ......

Strange way of making friends if ya ask me ...

Star

QUOTE (GerbilMafia @ Dec 18 2005, 11:50 PM)

So there is territory here?  Forgive me, I really don't know the rules.  I guess I'm wearing the wrong colors in the wrong hood. Dang, I wanna smoke somebody.  Anyway, if your alliances don't allow you to post on another thread I won't be offended.  If I can't make any Indiana friends then I'll hit Michigan or something and you guys can stay here, pop in an old Ron Jeremy flick, and rub each others backs..

and this from someone who claims to wanna make nice ? ......

Strange way of making friends if ya ask me ...

Star

Seriously Star, that was just my pitiful attempt at humor, I know no-one watches Ron Jeremy anymore. Although he was just on "The Sur-Real Life" on VH1.

I know I can't "make friends" with everybody in the caching community, that has been made very clear to me on this forum, so I'm really not trying anymore. If something I say on here makes someone not like me then so be it. This place reminds of highschool and I'm still in the stoner crowd. The cool preppies keep picking on me for, what they consider, talking out of place. Believe it or not I have met and/or corresponded with some very cool people as a result of this thread so all is good in my world. I know there are more nice people out there so I keep posting. I get the feeling you guys don't want me here so I start my own thread and what do you know? I somehow get something started here, but that's cool, I enjoy the attention.

Bailed Stinky out and took his Christmas Card Photo:

<snip>

:):lol:;)

Is this from the same guy who posted in another thread about the geo-caching dog bandanna that dogs aren't puppets to be dressed up? :D

Patrick,

Carly & Sadie implore you to throw off the yoke of the oppressor! Unless, of course, he offered you a treat to pose like that, in which case all bets are off!

;):D:)

Mrs. Car54

Bailed Stinky out and took his Christmas Card Photo:

<snip>

:)  :lol:  ;)

Is this from the same guy who posted in another thread about the geo-caching dog bandanna that dogs aren't puppets to be dressed up? :D

Patrick,

Carly & Sadie implore you to throw off the yoke of the oppressor! Unless, of course, he offered you a treat to pose like that, in which case all bets are off!

;):D:)

Mrs. Car54

Guilty as charged. But was that me or Patrick? I never said I wasn't a hypocrit. Besides this was ALL Patrick''s idea.

By the way,Earthdog Patrick (pictured above) has accompanied me on over a hundred geocaching finds in Indiana and over a hundred hides. There is another dog, tho, that has several thousand finds, we read his profile once, I can't remember his name . I mention this, so as to make sure this reply mentions both INDIANA and GEOCACHING, as Keystone just shut down Gerbilmafia's thread for not staying on topic, that is, not discussing INDIANA GEOCACHING enuff...

Yeah, I got shut down already. I just can't win, when it comes to GEACACHING in INDIANA. I was just trying to talk to other INDIANA folks about GEOCACHING. And to think, I'm already in a bad mood because the INDIANApolis Colts lost yesterday, maybe they should take up GEOCACHING. I think I'll use my GPSr and go find some INDIANA ale to drowned my sorrows.

WOW how kind of "Paws"itraction to log such a touching find on one of our caches they found in Windsor ...

Have a look !

Lest We Forget

Star

"Lest We Forget" looks like a Very cool GEOCACHE , Wulf and Star ( no pun intended). Even if it's not located in INDIANA. Just proves it's small world after all, eh? You ought to convert it to the first Canadian ISQ !

Just one thing puzzles me about Paw's post--does the snow ever really melt off up there?

I like to GEOCACHE in INDIANA.

Do you like my new seasonal Avatar that I am using when I post in this topic about GEOCACHING in INDIANA?

:):lol:

Yeah, I got shut down already. I just can't win, when it comes to GEACACHING in INDIANA. I was just trying to talk to other INDIANA folks about GEOCACHING. And to think, I'm already in a bad mood because the INDIANApolis Colts lost yesterday, maybe they should take up GEOCACHING. I think I'll use my GPSr and go find some INDIANA ale to drowned my sorrows.

We're looking at it this way: Yeah, a perfect season is very rare, much more rare than winning a Super Bowl, just as finding a hard GEOCACHE is rare. But it is what it is: a stat. Big deal. It's not a world championship. That's the real prize. So maybe this loss was a wake-up call -- a good thing. Confidence is all important, but overconfindence can be a bad thing. This is the year for the Inidanapolis INDIANA colts.

Are there any GEOCACHES in INDIANA that are colts themed? I wonder?

:):lol:

Bippus? Where the heck is Bippus? Or is it bippie? As you "you can bet your bippie that I like GEOCACHING in INDIANA!"

Bippus, INDIANA is about 9 clicks east of Servia. It is the home of the late Chris Schenkle, famous MSM sportscaster. I don't know what a "Bippy" is. I went downstairs to consult the Unabaridged about it, got distracted, forgot all about it, and it's too dang cold to go down there again. And no, so far as I know Schenkle never did any GEOCACHING in INDIANA.

Oddly enuff, Buppus, for some reason is the middle of one of the most CACHE dense areas of INDIANA.

Yeah, I got shut down already.  I just can't win, when it comes to GEACACHING in INDIANA.  I was just trying to talk to other INDIANA folks about GEOCACHING.  And  to think, I'm already in a bad mood because the INDIANApolis Colts lost yesterday, maybe they should take up GEOCACHING.  I think I'll use my GPSr and go find some INDIANA ale to drowned my sorrows.

We're looking at it this way: Yeah, a perfect season is very rare, much more rare than winning a Super Bowl, just as finding a hard GEOCACHE is rare. But it is what it is: a stat. Big deal. It's not a world championship. That's the real prize. So maybe this loss was a wake-up call -- a good thing. Confidence is all important, but overconfindence can be a bad thing. This is the year for the Inidanapolis INDIANA colts.

:blink::P

Hey this looks like fun, but does appear to be a little off topic for this thread. Aside from what has already been poined out, I would argue that you also have to say HELLO.

hmmmm...INDIANApolis Colts GEOCACHES? I believe that williamsfamgc has one:

Go Colts!

The way I see it they want you to have to pay for premium to say anything off topic. If I didn't stay on topic my post would likely be deleted or I'd be repramanded. So, I'll tell you this to cover my backside.:

Also, my GPS for geocaching in indiana is supposed to ship today. First trip as soon as this stupid snow melts off. Supposed to start dripping on christmas weekend.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by dougsmiley
I know I can't "make friends" with everybody in the caching community, that has been made very clear to me on this forum, so I'm really not trying anymore. If something I say on here makes someone not like me then so be it. This place reminds of highschool and I'm still in the stoner crowd. The cool preppies keep picking on me for, what they consider, talking out of place. Believe it or not I have met and/or corresponded with some very cool people as a result of this thread so all is good in my world. I know there are more nice people out there so I keep posting. I get the feeling you guys don't want me here so I start my own thread and what do you know? I somehow get something started here, but that's cool, I enjoy the attention.

Hey GM Wanna Sit behind the bleechers with us, smoke cigarettes and make fun of Deermark and Lead Dog??

I know I can't "make friends" with everybody in the caching community, that has been made very clear to me on this forum, so I'm really not trying anymore.  If something I say on here makes someone not like me then so be it.  This place reminds of highschool and I'm still in the stoner crowd.  The cool preppies keep picking on me for, what they consider, talking out of place.  Believe it or not I have met and/or corresponded with some very cool people as a result of this thread so all is good in my world.  I know there are more nice people out there so I keep posting.  I get the feeling you guys don't want me here so I start my own thread and what do you know?  I somehow get something started here, but that's cool, I enjoy the attention.

Hey GM Wanna Sit behind the bleechers with us, smoke cigarettes and make fun of Deermark and Lead Dog??

Wassa matter, you guys couldn't get dates for the prom? The INDIANA GEOCACHING Prom, that is...

Latest Stats from ISQ Central in beautiful downtown Bippus:

TOP TEN FINDS

1 SWEETIE PIE 275

2 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 216

3 LOS XILE 179

4 J PLUS 14 177

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 174

6 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 167

7 4DAMFAM 162

8 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 146

9 HUTT 141

10 ITZME 141

:lol:

your stats are off again... I have 187 ISQ Finds...

Latest Stats from ISQ Central in beautiful downtown  Bippus:

TOP TEN FINDS

1 SWEETIE PIE 275

2 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 216

3 LOS XILE 179

4 J PLUS 14 177

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 174

6 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 167

7 4DAMFAM 162

8 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 146

9 HUTT 141

10 ITZME 141

:lol:

your stats are off again... I have 187 ISQ Finds...

looks like you recieved the ISQ hiders discount. ;)

Yeah, I got shut down already.  I just can't win, when it comes to GEACACHING in INDIANA.  I was just trying to talk to other INDIANA folks about GEOCACHING.  And  to think, I'm already in a bad mood because the INDIANApolis Colts lost yesterday, maybe they should take up GEOCACHING.  I think I'll use my GPSr and go find some INDIANA ale to drowned my sorrows.

:ph34r::blink:

Hey this looks like fun, but does appear to be a little off topic for this thread. Aside from what has already been poined out, I would argue that you also have to say HELLO.

Go Colts!

Found it!

Go Colts!

Wulf

:);)

Go Colts!

Found it!

Go Colts!

Wulf

Good Job, wulf! ;)

GEOCACHING in INDIANA is such fun!

I know I can't "make friends" with everybody in the caching community, that has been made very clear to me on this forum, so I'm really not trying anymore.  If something I say on here makes someone not like me then so be it.  This place reminds of highschool and I'm still in the stoner crowd.  The cool preppies keep picking on me for, what they consider, talking out of place.  Believe it or not I have met and/or corresponded with some very cool people as a result of this thread so all is good in my world.  I know there are more nice people out there so I keep posting.  I get the feeling you guys don't want me here so I start my own thread and what do you know?  I somehow get something started here, but that's cool, I enjoy the attention.

hey - you should at least warn the guy that one of the others he'll be hanging out with has stories that include "so, I put my hand into this hole, and when I pulled it out, there was a 3 foot green snake hanging from my little finger" and "so I was searching for this cache, and I saw this big pile, and put my hand in it, and it was ..." I must wonder if the cigarettes have impaired his judgement about what you should (and should not) put your hands into...

;) ;) :)

(just kidding Doobies)

oh, and to stay on topic. Hello Earthdog Patrick!

hey - you should at least warn the guy that one of the others he'll be hanging out with has stories that include "so, I put my hand into this hole, and when I pulled it out, there was a 3 foot green snake hanging from my little finger" and "so I was searching for this cache, and I saw this big pile, and put my hand in it, and it was ..." I must wonder if the cigarettes have impaired his judgement about what you should (and should not) put your hands into...

:cry::):D

(just kidding Doobies)

oh, and to stay on topic. Hello Earthdog Patrick!

Well, Doobies didn't just stick his fingers in IT.... you left out the part that it is dark outside, and he was feeling around for the cache when his fingers brushed up against something warm and moist.... :) AND I thought is was a BLACK snake not a GREEN Snake?

And

Let's not forget about {LoS}-Xile's Bank Robbery ;) That'll teach him not to go caching behind a bank. ;):);) "I Swear Mr. Job Supervisor, I did not use the company van to commit a bank robbery"

ROFLMBO -

Well, Doobies didn't just stick his fingers in IT.... you left out the part that it is dark outside, and he was feeling around for the cache when his fingers brushed up against something warm and moist.... :) AND I thought is was a BLACK snake not a GREEN Snake?

And

Let's not forget about {LoS}-Xile's Bank Robbery ;) That'll teach him not to go caching behind a bank. :) :) :cry: "I Swear Mr. Job Supervisor, I did not use the company van to commit a bank robbery"

ROFLMBO -

yeah, but it doesn't sound nearly as entertaining if he just brushed up against it in the dark... ;)

I thought Doobies said green snake, but maybe it was a black one - I'll trust ya on that.

Now, with the bank robbery and all, LosXile *was* inviting gerbilMAFIA to join them, so maybe there's more to the story than we've heard... hmmm.....

;):D:D:D:D

Good Morning fellow INDIANA GEOCACHERS! Only four more shopping days til Christmas. Lead Dog's Jacket size is 40 Reg. <_<

Soon it will be time to look back over the year's GEOCACHING activities and remember all the fun we had GEOCACHING.in INDIANA. And time to make new year's GEOCACHING resolutions. As a year end project, why don't we each of us post a photo of GEOCACHERS DOING THEIR THING, as a year end scrapbook. Crappy idea? Then don't do it, I don't care. :)

I will start it out. Here is an image of Wheeldog and Earthdog Patrick at a trailhead in northern INDIANA with a little yellow Etrex...

a3336822-bdf7-438e-8296-8f238a818b72.jpg

:) ANYBODY ELSE?

Well, Doobies didn't just stick his fingers in IT.... you left out the part that it is dark outside, and he was feeling around for the cache when his fingers brushed up against something warm and moist.... ;) AND I thought is was a BLACK snake not a GREEN Snake? 

And

Let's not forget about {LoS}-Xile's Bank Robbery :) That'll teach him not to go caching behind a bank. :D<_<:) "I Swear Mr. Job Supervisor, I did not use the company van to commit a bank robbery"

ROFLMBO -

yeah, but it doesn't sound nearly as entertaining if he just brushed up against it in the dark... :)

I thought Doobies said green snake, but maybe it was a black one - I'll trust ya on that.

Now, with the bank robbery and all, LosXile *was* inviting gerbilMAFIA to join them, so maybe there's more to the story than we've heard... hmmm.....

:D:):):D:D

You forgot to Add Doobies's Bat story...

and the little girl dance from the Black Rat Snake...

as for my brush in with the law, All i have to saw is that

IT WAS NOT ME!, IT WAS THE ONE ARMED BANDIT!

Well, Doobies didn't just stick his fingers in IT.... you left out the part that it is dark outside, and he was feeling around for the cache when his fingers brushed up against something warm and moist.... :D AND I thought is was a BLACK snake not a GREEN Snake? 

And

Let's not forget about {LoS}-Xile's Bank Robbery B) That'll teach him not to go caching behind a bank. :lol: :lol: :lol: "I Swear Mr. Job Supervisor, I did not use the company van to commit a bank robbery"

ROFLMBO -

yeah, but it doesn't sound nearly as entertaining if he just brushed up against it in the dark... :lol:

<_<:):):):)

You forgot to Add Doobies's Bat story...

and the little girl dance from the Black Rat Snake...

as for my brush in with the law, All i have to saw is that

IT WAS NOT ME!, IT WAS THE ONE ARMED BANDIT!

I forgot about the "Little Girl Dance" that was like...the best part.

;):):D:D:D