Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Are Warsaw people allowed to go???

Anyone that wants to come is welcome to Join us. The more the merrier...

I know I'm coming up from the Greenwood area, Doobies is coming from the Anderson area.

We're gonna pack people in a bunch of vans or something and it's gonna be lots of fun...

Well let me know the details I would like to be apart of that. :blink:

BTW: What are the details on the APE cache run? ANybody?

I'm sorry, did I miss a meeting? When is this supposed to happen?

Wulf

It's supposed to happen Jan. 7th. We meet somewhere in a secret parking lot micro, then go to the APE cache in Illahnoise. And we do a few caches on the way or way back or something. But I don't know all the details, Wulf. And if you live north of Niagara falls, Mr. Wulf, you have to email somebody about it first., because Superior. it'd said , never gives up her dead, when the gales of November come early ... :blink:

and yes you did miss the meeting.

Good thing I'm south of Detroit then, I hate email.

~Mystery Dog told me the meeting was cancelled.

Wulf

Well, people, it's only eleven days until Christmas. I wonder who will be the FIRST to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

on this thread?  Hmmmm??

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :lol:

Well it looks like we have a winner .... LeadDog of Sixdogteam is the First to say it !

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL !

Star

Looks like Wulf and Star missed out on an opportunity to be the first to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wonder who will be the first?

BTW: What are the details on the APE cache run? ANybody?

Hah ! But I can be the first to say :

HAPPY Winter Solstice and

Merry KWANZAA! , Happy Hannaka.... MERRY HOLIDAYS !

Star

<---

BTW What does everyone think of my first attempt at a "Lords of Silence" Xile wooden nickle?

bbb6054c-1198-481f-9a1f-0dccd70b61f5.jpg

This might help see it better... Hand made woodburnt :-)

Ugh looking at such a big picture of it makes it look craptastic LOL

Dang! With 2005 on it? That's gotta be a limited edition.. put me down for ten..... :blink:

bgf

it's a 2005 since uh it's still the year 2005 and I'm handmaking them as I go

<---

BTW What does everyone think of my first attempt at a "Lords of Silence" Xile wooden nickle?

bbb6054c-1198-481f-9a1f-0dccd70b61f5.jpg

This might help see it better... Hand made woodburnt :-)

Ugh looking at such a big picture of it makes it look craptastic LOL

Dang! With 2005 on it? That's gotta be a limited edition.. put me down for ten..... :blink:

bgf

it's a 2005 since uh it's still the year 2005 and I'm handmaking them as I go

Exactly! Let's see....umm....one per day...seventeen days left in 2005...

Definitely a limited run! TEN please! :lol::blink:

Bet rupert2 would want the other seven............ :blink:

Here is some info for the Ape Cache run.

Date- Saturday January 7, 2006

Time- 9am

Where- Meet at the Meijer Store parking lot on St. Road 26 in Lafayette, IN. This is the one right off of I-65. Cords are...

N 40 24.974

W 086 48.798

Unless someone has a schoolbus to offer, we will be carpooling up to the Joliet, IL. area. I can drive and take 3 others with me. Please let me know if you are interested in driving. We have about 12+ persons interested in going at this time so we will be needing about 3-4 cars. If you ride with others, please make sure to help with the gas cost. Let me know thru email.

The plan is to drive up to Joliet,IL.to grab the Mission 12: Blind Canal (GC1596)cache and some others in the area. Then work our way back caching along the way. A stop at the Kankakee River State Park is planned, Turtles Rest(GCH3RP). Along with some caches in the Kankakee, IL. area.

The drive from Lafayette to Joliet looks like it will take roughly 2 1/2 hours. Lunch can either be a stop and grab Fast food thing or pack your own. Expect to return to Lafayette in the evening time.

Anyone wanting to make this road trip is welcome to join us. The Ape cache is a special icon cache for your stats page.

I will be making a list of caches along the way and will email everyone so they may load their GPS before the trip.

Any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks,

Chris-Team Shydog

Unless someone has a schoolbus to offer, we will be carpooling up to the Joliet, IL. area. I can drive and take 3 others with me. Please let me know if you are interested in driving. We have about 12+ persons interested in going at this time so we will be needing about 3-4 cars. If you ride with others, please make sure to help with the gas cost. Let me know thru email.

Since I was the one who spill the beans on this, I suppose that I'll have to offer the services of my auto as well. I should be able to carry three others (maybe four) as I doubt that my lovely wife will want to put up with an all-day geocaching adventure. :)

Sort of as a passing thought, I wonder if renting a large passenger van might not be too bad of an idea. I would rule it out as it would probably be rather expensive, and it still might not be large enough. Still, I thought that I'd toss about the idea.

Another passing thought would be to have radios for vehicle-to-vehicle communications. This I think would be a good idea since I already have one. :) I'm guessing that there should be at least one per auto.

I want one in pine, one in oak and one in teak.

I haven't even figured out what i want to put on the back(which is a real problem since i plan on releasing some on Friday...)

pUT ONE OF THE isq logos ON BACK LIKE RUPERT2 did on his wooden nickles! I want one! :unsure:

I'm still working on ideas, but this is my current idea...

d98c1c2d-acbc-4e36-842f-5f6c798eb1c4.jpg

12 deep so far on a dead man's check... pieces of eight!..... er... i have no idea what i just said

Thanks,

Chris-Team Shydog

OK, I have a question about the Sith. I know the Jedis got down to just two: Obi-wan and Yoda, But how many Siths were there-- lots, or only two at a time? The Dark Lords -- Darth Sideous, Maul and Vader , any others? Was Dooku a sith--you see I'm a little confused.

(I only ask, because I think Patrick is considering going over to the Dark Side--Can you imagine a DARTH PATRICK? [shudder]) :anibad:

Thanks,

Chris-Team Shydog

OK, I have a question about the Sith. I know the Jedis got down to just two: Obi-wan and Yoda, But how many Siths were there-- lots, or only two at a time? The Dark Lords -- Darth Sideous, Maul and Vader , any others? Was Dooku a sith--you see I'm a little confused.

(I only ask, because I think Patrick is considering going over to the Dark Side--Can you imagine a DARTH PATRICK? [shudder]) :o

Okay... Anakin was the chosen one, prophecised to bring balance to the force. The Jedi misunderstood this to be him elimanating the Sith. but in actuality, he did indeed eliminate all but two Jedi.

There are only two sith Allowed at one time(by ancient Sith tradition) for 2 reasons...

1 With only a Sith Master and a Sith Apprentice, the Sith will be able to act without intereference and without the likelyhood of another Sith plotting openly against them

2. Sith turn on each other, always trying to be the supreme ruler of the universe.

At even the Low number of 2 Sith, one sith is always trying to plot secretly to destroy the other... Examples...

Dookus(Darth Tyranus) "Obi-Wan Join me and together we will destroy the Sith..."

Vader "Luke Join me and together we will rule the Galaxy as Father and Son"

So yes... Dooku was a Sith(Tyranus), Patrick wouldn't make a sith, but Darth Grumpy-Growley probably would.

And Sorry Lead Dog your choices are between 4 5 9 and 12...

But all my ISQ coins are number six, who would want number six more than me? Sho's got it?

So all the darths in the series were apprentices of Sideous, right? So, bringing balance to the force was to have 2 siths and 2 jedis? That's a pretty sick prophesy if you ask me.

so, master, if you could sum up the plot of the entire saga in one simple sentence, one noun and one verb, what would it be?

I like geocaching.

I just noticed a new cache jump up in Indiana. Three cachers who were with the hider when it was hidden, logged found it smilies dated two days before it was published. Can I log find it's on the caches I've hidden? Two of those logging smilies have thousands of finds, and I want my numbers to be big, too. I've never noticed hiders logging smilies before, or at least admitting it-- is this an option?

--Confused in Servia

Will it be a fight to see who ends up with the nickle???

Will the nickle appear on Ebay and will Lead Dog pay $310 for the token?

ROTFLMAO :o:lol::o

How about if Lead Dog just sends me his address...I am feeling VERY GENEROUS!

'Tis the season...you know!

Besides, I know Xile's MOM...and I AM SURE we can arrange a trade. :huh:

MERRY CHRISTMAS LEAD DOG!!!!!

And Merry Christmas to You! Thank you, email on way... And I may just have a one-off 6DT coin in the works for you... :lol:

I just noticed a new cache jump up in Indiana. Three cachers who were with the hider when it was hidden, logged found it smilies dated two days before it was published. Can I log find it's on the caches I've hidden? Two of those logging smilies have thousands of finds, and I want my numbers to be big, too. I've never noticed hiders logging smilies before, or at least admitting it-- is this an option?

--Confused in Servia

That's just plain wrong! Maybe Zoe-dog should just get her own account then so she can be FTF on all my caches since she's usually with me when I hide them!

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

I just noticed  a new cache jump up in Indiana. Three cachers who were with the hider when it was hidden, logged found it smilies dated two days before it was published. Can I log find it's on the caches I've hidden? Two of those logging smilies have thousands of finds, and I want my numbers to be big, too. I've never noticed hiders logging smilies before, or at least admitting it-- is this an option?

--Confused in Servia

That's just plain wrong! Maybe Zoe-dog should just get her own account then so she can be FTF on all my caches since she's usually with me when I hide them!

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

I would have expected a little better from the cachers that logged finds on that one.

But I suppose that the cache placer must have said it was ok .. and it is after all his cache ....

Star

In response to SixWatchDogTeams post about my Tunnel Vision Cache GCRM8V. In the future please e-mail me if you have an inquiry about a questionable log on one of my caches. Here is the story behind the logs. I organized a group to do the "5/5 Capt McHarrys Vault. On the way home I stopped to hide the cache. Yes the other three were with me but I hid the cache and then they found it and logged it. A simple e-mail would have straightened this out and avoided spreading false info. Why can't we keep the forums positive. I have never understood the need to be so negative.

Deermark

Ok, I hope everyone takes this in the lighthearted mode it is intended....

:D:) You Indiana folk need some help getting your own forums set-up on IndiGo or some other website? :D:P

23,000+ views and 1600+ replies... to ONE thread is a bit much don't ya think?

I guess I shouldn't whine... at least you kept your mess in one big pile rather than spreading it out all over the Midwest room floor. :D

Again, no foul intended... just amazed at how HUGE this thread is.

Wow, the news about Eagle Creek is very disappointing. I wonder what happened? City staff used to give help newbie geocachers get started out at Holliday Park. Why is this isolated to Eagle Creek and not other city parks? This does not sound good (and so "out of the blue too").

Does anyone have information?

A simple e-mail would have straightened this out and avoided spreading false info.

Thanks for the claraification, Deermark. If anyone was spreading false info, it was the logs themselves:

" December 11 by[CACHER]

I was with the group when this cache was hidden.

THANKS

December 11 [CACHER]

Thanks for a quick one.

December 11 by [CACHER]

FTL, but not FTF. i was with the group when this was hidden, thanks."

--SixWatchDogTeam

I guess I shouldn't whine... at least you kept your mess in one big pile rather than spreading it out all over the Midwest room floor.    :)

This thread is the envy of states everywhere. :D

Wulf

It's true that this is the biggest topic in the MidWest Forums, but there are many topics much bigger in some of the other Regional/State forums, like in the Northeast and in California... :P We just like to run our mouths, I guess... :D

I guess I shouldn't whine... at least you kept your mess in one big pile rather than spreading it out all over the Midwest room floor.    :D

This thread is the envy of states everywhere. :D

Wulf

I suppose the popularity of this list is that we can talk to cachers all over Indiana.

Indiana no longer has one single central Geocaching organization, having broken up into Regional bodies CINGO, INDIGO, and NEI-GEO (did I get those right?) and even INKY (for those in the Jeffersonville/Louisville Area). The old IN-GEO site has posted links to the Regional Sites, but does not seem to be the "central clearinghouse" anymore for ALL things related to Indiana Geocaching.

Besides WE are no where near the totals posted by the SanDiego, CA thread (7,361 replies with 141,798 Views, plus they have broken their thread into FOUR threads - one for Events, one for Congratualtions, one for "Banter" :D whatever that is).

Me thinks Wulf is right.....We ARE the envy of the Midwest :antenna: How cool is that???

..... and if we can get our numbers up around San Diego's ....

Well, WE could Rule the world!!! :P:):D

Okay, crawling back under my warm blankie now ....

World Domination is very tiring!

--Confused in Servia

i was one of the above cache loggers and i have to wonder why it matters to you that it was logged as it was. ive seen many caches that were logged the same way and no one made any comments on it.

deermark hid the cache and we were with him. would it be any more fair if we went at a later date and found it and signed the log when we know where it was? or should we all never have anything else to do with the cache at all because we were along for the hide that day? we had no hand in hiding it, we were simply with the hider when he hid it. and none of us logged it as FTF, we simply logged it. and we logged it on the day we signed the log. would it make you happier if we changed our dates to coincide with the publishing? would it be more honest that way?

it seems some people should mind their own business more. the way the cache was logged has nothing to do with anyone but the hiders and the finders.