Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Speaking for CINCO, anybody who wants to be a member may simply be a member just by saying so.

OK, here goes:

I AM A MEMBER OF CINCO!

Yea, me!

Does this mean I can come in the steakhouse and eat BBQ PORK?

:ph34r:

We might be able to get you in if you have some grandious title that requires your presence at any event. ;)

Indiana cachers from the areas which we support (Indianapolis and south)

Welcome to Indiana caching!

Does this mean the issue of secession has been revived, and the "south has risen again"?

;)

Of course there's secession, but it is we in CINCO that have seceded. Indeed, perhaps we should announce our actual name:

La República de las Cinco Ciudades de Indiana Central. :ph34r::D:lol::mad::D

Speaking for CINCO, anybody who wants to be a member may simply be a member just by saying so.

OK, here goes:

I AM A MEMBER OF CINCO!

Yea, me!

Does this mean I can come in the steakhouse and eat BBQ PORK?

:D

We might be able to get you in if you have some grandious title that requires your presence at any event. :lol:

I want to be:

El Presidente a cargo de perseguir pequeños gatos y de ocultar los envases photgraphic de la película en cementerios

:mad:

16 THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN:

by Dave Barry , Nationally Syndicated Columnist

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. You should not confuse your career with your life.

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

7. Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

13. A person who is nice to you but rude to a waiter is not a nice person.

(This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails)

14. Your friends love you anyway.

15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

16. Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

#3: Does looking at the geocaching forums/website 20 times a day count as a mental illness? I've not even cached yet and i'm in the "mental illness" category.

#9: Well, I think we're stuck with it now, Tigger. Seems like once something like this passes it's there for good. Kind of like those "temporary" taxes.

Good morning all. RAndom thoughts: It was minus three degrees here last night at one thirty a.m. when Patrick and I picked up Wheel Dog from work. The Huskies love it. We are supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow tonite so I laid in a supply of dogfood and beer. Too cold to geocache for me! I wish I could join Indigo, looks like they have some really neat programs going on...Anyway, Patrick sends his love to all of you, and is sorry he is missing the CINCO and NEOGEO events. It's too cold to leave him in the truck for two hours, and boy is he sad when I leave without him, he's so spoiled! Maybe in the spring some lunches can be held at eateries that have outside tables so geodogs can attend...

:):D

...Anyway, Patrick sends his love to all of you, and is sorry he is missing the CINCO and NEOGEO events. It's too cold to leave him in the truck for two hours, and boy is he sad when I leave without him, he's so spoiled! Maybe in the spring some lunches can be held at eateries that have outside tables so geodogs can attend...

B):)

Nothing has been planned for April in terms of CINCO. Perhaps we could have a CITO event somewhere then, in conjunction with the national CITO day. If anyone knows of a place in need of clean up, let us know.

And to SixDogTeam, perhaps Patrick can be of use then. If he can sniff out Tupperware, he surely would be able to sniff out discarded beer cans! :D:D:D:D:D

eb266785-0985-41ed-a4fd-aa8b3c4d4bfa.jpg

Watchin CSI and see Patrick lost out on another job. I think his 'mean face' is much better than the dog they hired.

Wulf

Wulf, I cancelled my personal appearence contract with CBS when their News Divison allowed Dan Rather to retire instead of firing him outright after he was outed for using faked documents in his propaganda campaign to discredit the President and then foolishly stuck by his lies.

My last appearance on that network, other than on commercials, was on July 23rd 2004 on the Letterman Show to hawk my CD...

Thanks for your concern!! (I am sending Wulf a full color autographed 8x10 glossy! Retail valuae on eBay, $19.95)

:anibad::laughing: )

The snow is up to my belly here!!

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

Ya know , my legs are 4 inches tall , I know cuz Star measured them for me , and add my long sexy body to that and I am only about 10 inches total in height.... there is snow out side my door that is at least a 12 inches in depth .....

How's a girl supposed to take a potty in this stuff !!!!!

I know I will get Star to shovel me a spot , she is good that way and has thumbs so she can do that . :lol::lol::lol:

And now onto some other business .. I am hurt .. you sent Wulf that fine autographed picture of yourself Patrick :D but you forgot about me .... How could you forget about me ! ;);)

Hi....I'm still somewhat new to this sport and I would love to chit chat with other cachers from this area. I don't really have any coments on any of the recent posts even though I've have tried to come up with some . I guess I just don't think caching should be such a debate. Caching is fun, you need a GPS, what else do you need to know? Anyway, holler at me if you want to, I'm really a pretty decent guy, at least my dog thinks so.

Hey GM.

Your Retired Chit TB is giving my an evil look at this momment. I do plan on getting it into a cache in the near future. I have not forgotten. I plan on taking some friends over to do your Okie P. cache at night. Is there any problems being back in those woods at night that you know of? Other than the creepywoods factor. :(

Later

Chris-Team Shydog

The poor chit just wanted to head south for the winter but I'm sure he's happy in Casa La Shydog for the moment. This white stuff all over the ground certainly makes caching a whole new ball game.

Okie at night, there are no anti-night rules that I am aware off, and I have researched the area. I recommend the trip at night. I also recommend you don't use flashlights, make it a real adventure. I swear you will feel someone/something following you through the woods. It's awesome. Let me know if you want some company on your night trip, me and the fella's are always looking for something to do. GM

Fresh air would be good, but amazon is really pokey right now. i won't have my GPS until January. Ugh. I ordered the "Idiots Guide to Geocaching" with the GPS and I think that it's slowing the whole order down.

Going out and running the snowblower is just about all there is to do. At least I made some money doing the neighbors driveways, :unsure:.

Another note to all:

Pam of Prairiepartners will be going to have her total knee replacemnet surgery tomorrow Dec.12th at 7:00 am in Moorseville Knee and Hip Center. Let's all wish her a complete and fast recovery. Hope to get her back on the hiking trails by this summer!

Good luck with the knee replacement. My family had had good success with the folks in Mooresville. Make sure Mr. Prairiepartners gets you some that strawberry pie at Grey Bros after you recover.

S Keillan has found his 500th cache! Here is his log on Indiana Spirit Quest #400:" Fallen Hero", which is dedicated to a young Marine who was KIA in Iraq:

December 11 by S Keillan (500 found)

For the last few weeks, as I was approaching my 500th find, I was debating in my head how I wanted to mark this milestone. A number of historic or unique caches came to mind. However, I decided to make this cache my number 500.

As the mostly-official keeper of the ISQ bookmarks, I check in frequently to see if any new caches in the series come up. When I saw this, well, I'll let the e-mail that I sent to Lead Dog of SixDogTeam do the talking...

----------

"Hello. I just saw the new ISQ #400 (the real one) and have bookmarked it. I remember you telling me about how the ISQs at the century mark are meant to be special. Even though I have a different opinion on our presence in Iraq, I wanted to let you know just how much the memorial for this cache has touched me. As I write this, tears are flowing uncontrollably. It has really touched me in a way that I could not have imagined from the ISQ series.

"There are a number of cachers out there that will see the new cache as “just another cache in a cemetery”. They are daft to think this. Should I ever make it out to the cache site, I certainly will not see it as another “park-and-grab”.

This cache serves as a stark reminder of just how fragile human life is and how much of a tragedy that we sometimes regard it with frivolity. Without it, I probably would never have seen the toll on those that remain in this way.

"Because of how the weather, daylight, and work schedules have been, I’ve not yet been able hide any caches as of late. However, when I do get around to joining up on the Indiana Spirit Quest, I suppose that I’ll not look at it the same way as I have before. Let this series be a tribute to those that have passed on, both in earlier times and in recent times, and let it serve for us who remain as a way of remembering. Thank you so much for these caches."

----------

After quickly finding the cache and signing the log, I walked through the semi-deep snow that had lay on the ground to visit Scott's gravesite. The temporary marker and a wreath of flowers served as the only indicators of his resting place as the snow hid the recently filled earth. As I stood in the presence of this sanctified spot, the same swarm of emotions came upon me as when I first saw the cache page. I am reminded of the what is written in the Gospel of St. John...

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

In any case, I could not have chosen a better cache to mark this milestone. Thanks for the cache, and also thanks to all of those who serve their community, their country, and humanity in general by placing themselves in harm's way in order to keep the flames of what is good in mankind lit.

[view this log on a separate page]

YOU CAN VISIT ISQ#400 HERE

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS FOR YOUR LOG! -- :P

8db90e1e-3ea1-46a1-9508-4576da5a1ddd.jpg

Edited by SixDogTeam
Another note to all:

Pam of Prairiepartners will be going to have her total knee replacemnet surgery tomorrow Dec.12th at 7:00 am in Moorseville Knee and Hip Center. Let's all wish her a complete and fast recovery. Hope to get her back on the hiking trails by this summer!

Hope everything turned out great today Pam and we wish you a speedy recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

The 501 Gang

Well, people, it's only eleven days until Christmas. I wonder who will be the FIRST to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

on this thread?  Hmmmm??

:D  :P  :mad:  <_<

Well it looks like we have a winner .... LeadDog of Sixdogteam is the First to say it !

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL !

Star

Looks like Wulf and Star missed out on an opportunity to be the first to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wonder who will be the first?

BTW: What are the details on the APE cache run? ANybody?

Can anyone go??

I believe that anyone north of Stumphole Bridge Road is welcome to attend. You might just make the cutoff (you really shouldn’t have left yourself so open to such abuse :wacko: ).

In all seriousness, contact Team Shydog if you are even remotely interested in attending. He is working out all of the details. He did mention that we would be leaving from Lafayette so if you want to carpool up there let me know.

I'm sorry, did I miss a meeting? When is this supposed to happen?

Wulf

It's supposed to happen Jan. 7th. We meet somewhere in a secret parking lot micro, then go to the APE cache in Illahnoise. And we do a few caches on the way or way back or something. But I don't know all the details, Wulf. And if you live north of Niagara falls, Mr. Wulf, you have to email somebody about it first., because Superior. it'd said , never gives up her dead, when the gales of November come early ... :wacko:

and yes you did miss the meeting.

I'm sorry, did I miss a meeting? When is this supposed to happen?

Wulf

It's supposed to happen Jan. 7th. We meet somewhere in a secret parking lot micro, then go to the APE cache in Illahnoise. And we do a few caches on the way or way back or something. But I don't know all the details, Wulf. And if you live north of Niagara falls, Mr. Wulf, you have to email somebody about it first., because Superior. it'd said , never gives up her dead, when the gales of November come early ... :blink:

and yes you did miss the meeting.

Are Warsaw people allowed to go???