Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Looks like there will be 4 of the ISQ teams down in Madison this weekend. So when are we going to have a recruting event? I think a nice fall day over at Salomonie State Forrest would work. Anyone have an idea where we could do an event? Maybe big pot of soup or chili and give a presentation on the ISQ series, place a few caches, meet and greet sort of thing. Just a thought.

I think it's a good thought. You did a terrific job or organizing the spring picnic, so I nominate you to spearhead this project. Salamonie State Forest is a great spot-we could hold it in the CCC shelter at Harmonie Ridge --Do waterfall caches--I have a new one placed there, about three weeks ago, but I haven't listed it yet.--or better yet, how about under the willow in our front yard? Plenty of parking, and lots of ISQ's in the area...BTW,, We saw our first, I think, Indiana Non-ISQ cemetery cache page that featured a photograph the other day... :blink:

I was thinking about heading down to the Salamonie area on Saturday. I could spend all day there looking for caches and still not find them all. I'd think it'd take a couple all day trips to get them all. But, I think I'll be going down to Muncie for the BSU football game instead. I might pick up a couple caches that are near the campus before the game.

One another note. I did hide my first cache today near an old iron bridge here in Miami County. I just need to do the write up though. It might be a few more days until I'll be able to get that done.

Can anyone recommend some caches in/near Turkey Run SP? Planning on heading that way this weekend. (yeah, another vacation!). I see there's one called Turkey Run Stash. Any others in the park?

We might have to check out some of the covered bridge ones too. Years ago the reluctant hubby (then the exciting boyfriend!) and I camped there over a very warm Thanksgiving weekend. We spent a day driving around, finding the covered bridges. We had a really bad map so it was a pleasant surprise each and everytime we finally found one. I think we had more fun than if we actually had the good map! Kinda like finding the cache with no description, no directions.

Just to let everyone know that the 2006 Indiana Fall Picnic will be Sept. 9,2006 at Brown County State Park!! Mark your calanders now!

Does this mean we have to wait a whole year to place a bunch of caches in Brown county? because i already have about half a dozen places in BC that i'm thinking of placing caches...

Place away as we will be placing many in Hoosier National Forest this winter, including one with an interesting twist!

Looking foward to finding those caches you will be hiding!!!!

those Indiana People just really don't know how to schedule events, do they... scheduling up against one of the big yearly events.... oh well, their loss if they don't come to FRAGGLESTOCK! :D

We think it might be your lost, after all we had around 200 (198 to be exact) show up for the Fall picnic, some were even from Ohio.

Wish I could have made it to both, however I need to make the Indiana event my priority, not an Ohio Event.

Just to let everyone know that the 2006 Indiana Fall Picnic will be Sept. 9,2006 at Brown County State Park!! Mark your calanders now!

Hey PP-

Count me in if you need help with next years event. I can help with any local coordinating that needs to be done. I was sooooooo sooorryyyy that I had to miss last weekend, but I had already committed to taking 52 kiddies, ages 5-12 to McCormicks Creek for a picnic and hike to Wolf Cave. ((I should have said I NEEDED TO BEEEE COMMITTED!))

Let me know if I can help!

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

Ok, Just testing the waters to see if any Northern Indiana cachers would like to jump on the bandwagon to help put on the Spring 2006 gathering. I know the Fall picnic is tough to beat, They have a great planning team, but I do have some ideas about an event and place. If anyone is interested please feel free to contact me through my GC account. If there is another group already planning something, please let me know, I like attending as well as planning these things.

Chris-Team Shydog

Valerie is going to kick my butt for doing this again :D

those Indiana People just really don't know how to schedule events, do they...  scheduling up against one of the big yearly events.... oh well, their loss if they don't come to FRAGGLESTOCK! :laughing:

We think it might be your lost, after all we had around 200 (198 to be exact) show up for the Fall picnic, some were even from Ohio.

Wish I could have made it to both, however I need to make the Indiana event my priority, not an Ohio Event.

Like I said, your guys' loss....

We had about 250 at Alien Encounter, and will prolly top 300 for Fragglestock....

But if grand caching events aren't your style, no problem... :D

It just always seems so frustrating when big events in nearby areas are scheduled for the same weekend, since it limits everyone's options.... *sigh*

So you Hoosiers enjoy your picnic... :D

those Indiana People just really don't know how to schedule events, do they...  scheduling up against one of the big yearly events.... oh well, their loss if they don't come to FRAGGLESTOCK! :(

Like I said, your guys' loss....

We had about 250 at Alien Encounter, and will prolly top 300 for Fragglestock....

But if grand caching events aren't your style, no problem... :(

It just always seems so frustrating when big events in nearby areas are scheduled for the same weekend, since it limits everyone's options.... *sigh*

So you Hoosiers enjoy your picnic... :P

Indiana Cachers great , in large or small numbers , and sometimes small numbers allow for more interaction and conversation with each other......

Star

P.S. : I don't think that anyone loses anything , each event has it own puropse and fun involved ...

This sounds a little ridiculous to me. After all, we're talking about events that are a whole year off. I recommend flipping a coin (Geocoin?) and the loser has to move their event by a weekend or two. Or perhaps we could have a nice, friendly geocaching contest event. :(

Just my two cents here.

well, as someone who has had to gently nudge event planners three times this year because of attempts to overlap scheduled events....

Western PA originally had an event scheduled the same weekend as the Midwest GeoBash (a gentle coaxing convinced them to move it back a week)

North Central Ohio and Erie both were talking about scheduling events on October 1st (putting those of us smack in the middle in a dilemma, fortunately, the events are now Oct 1 and Oct 8 so everyone can attend both...

And, Erie scheduled their 1000aire BBQ on the Sunday of the NEOGeo Campout -- but we packed up fairly early on Sunday and were able (if rushed) to head out and still manage to attend....

so yeah, they may be a year off, and maybe your State Park in Indiana is far enough away from Cleveland to not really be a problem, but it still limits the opportunites for everyone to schedule two big events at the same time...

But you are right, some will like the laid-back campout Indiana event, some will like the challenge of the Grand Caching Adventure in Cleveland (some of us like both types of events and would like to attend both if possible).

Oh well, maybe in 2007... :(

GEOISQ would like to welcome WilliamsfamGC to our ranks. The were initiated into the order in a secret members only ritual late at night under the moon deep in a Sycamore grove along the banks of the Wabash. You may visit their latest offering here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...36-ae5c7d820db1

We now have over 330 ISQ caches in 31 Indiana Counties....

:D:(:(:P

(There are no survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 on Craphole Island)

Well considering that my door prize at the Picnic was a geocache placing dream(a camo painted ammo can 3 medium caches and a whole gaggle of camo'ed micro containers, I'm gonna be placing for quite a while....

aww come on you can place all those in one day!

:P

No not me... I can't come up with that many caches in a day....

but i'm sure that by the time i'm through all those containers i'll be a lot more experienced and have some pretty devious hides!!!

BTW I think i'll try to hide them early for next year's picnic...

just gotta find some good spots first....

1) Chris, in regards to the InGeo Spring 2006 picnic you may want to start up a different forum topic. I suspect that (gasp!) a lot of people do not regularly read this one. Also this topic has so many different threads in it that it can lose focus. Thus you might get more response by an indivudual topic. P.S. Yes, Valerie is going to kill you. :-)

2) In regards to "big events" on the same weekend. Unless they are really close together (about 100 miles) I do not see much of a gain by offsetting them by only one week. Most people are going to have to choose between the two events in any case. In other words there is not much difference between a choice between event "X" and event "Y" that occur on the same weekend versus a choice between "X" and "Y" on offset weekends. While I would love to spend every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at a geocaching event, my work and spouse says otherwise, and thus I (and probably others) get to choose only one.

While I would love to spend every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at a geocaching event, my work and spouse says otherwise, and thus I (and probably others) get to choose only one.

While Geocaching events are fun, I also like the thrill of geocaching itself. Sometimes I want to get in some of those 20+ cache days without having to expend precious vacation days. :) I will admit that last weekend had both elements (22 caches on Friday, big event on Saturday).

If anyone has an MG, I'm sure you'd be welcome to join the Hoosier MGs do some geocaching from Bloomington to French Lick and then back to Nashville the first weekend in October. Girlgeek and I may borrow one to join in the fun. It's not going to be a fast paced jaunt (they are MGs, after all) but we expect it to be some fun.

Hoosier MG Club Treasure Hunt

BTW, I'm not in the club (yet) or running the event, but they're looking for new members and the people running the event haven't said anything to anyone in Geocaching yet. Please RSVP if you think about going.

The Indiana Spirit Quest can now be found in 33 Indiana Counties! Thanks to Prairiepartners for the most recent additions in Orange and Greene counties. Prairiepartners and -{LoS}-Xile have also both recently placed caches in Brown County. It looks like we have all the colors covered in Southern Indiana now, and just in time for fall.

The Indiana Spirit Quest can now be found in 33 Indiana Counties! Thanks to Prairiepartners for the most recent additions in Orange and Greene counties. Prairiepartners and -{LoS}-Xile have also both recently placed caches in Brown County. It looks like we have all the colors covered in Southern Indiana now, and just in time for fall.

Add to that list the one we put in Clark County and hope to add a few more counties soon!

The Indiana Spirit Quest can now be found in 33 Indiana Counties!  Thanks to Prairiepartners for the most recent additions in Orange and Greene counties.  Prairiepartners and -{LoS}-Xile have also both recently placed caches in Brown County.  It looks like we have all the colors covered in Southern Indiana now, and just in time for fall.

ISQ County Map

I have just placed one in Blackford county. It should be up by the end of the week.

The Indiana Spirit Quest can now be found in 33 Indiana Counties!  Thanks to Prairiepartners for the most recent additions in Orange and Greene counties.  Prairiepartners and -{LoS}-Xile have also both recently placed caches in Brown County.  It looks like we have all the colors covered in Southern Indiana now, and just in time for fall.

ISQ County Map

Look like we need to get out and hit a few more counties.

Note to EVERYONE !

There is another meet and greet in Auburn , Indiana this Saturday !

NEI-GEO Meet and Eat !

I don't know if I will be able to make it , see work has us working 7 days a week , and I am hoping to attend if I can !

Star

One of these months you are going to have to hold this event when I can make it up there. I love the weekends, but they have just not fit into my schedule thus far.

BEWARE I have thrown out the threat...

Note to EVERYONE !

There is another meet and greet in Auburn , Indiana this Saturday !

I don't know if I will be able to make it , see work has us working 7 days a week , and I am hoping to attend if I can !

Star

I was going to lock Patrick in his crate and head on up there, but If Star's not giong to be there, I'm not going. Some of Those city cachers in Fort Falujia creep me out. :lol: JUST KIDDING!!!

aNYWAY, here's the latest stats:

689 cachers have logged 7,945 finds on 334 ISQ caches. Here's your Leaderboard (Top Thirty):

1 SWEETIE PIE 251

2 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 177

3 J PLUS 14 170

4 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 163

5 4DAMFAM 154

7 ITZME 135

8 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 130

9 WILLIAMSFAMGC 128

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 126

11 BUDDAMAN 125

12 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 125

13 JUST MEE 116