Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM. I AM BASED OUT OF NE INDIANA WHERE MY FAMILY AND I HAVE ENJOYED THE "SPORT" FOR A YEAR OR SO. I HAVE READ SOME THINGS ON HERE REVOLVING AROUND NOT MAINTAINING CACHES AND OVER SATURATION. MAYBE MY INITIAL IDEA ABOUT GEOCACHING IS WRONG, SO I WILL ASK THE WORLD FOR THEIR OPINION. MY WIFE FOUND AN ARTICLE ABOUT G C IN A MAGAZINE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN FOR THE FAMILY. SHE WAS RIGHT. I BOUGHT A LITTLE E-TREX AND WAS OFF. THE 8 & 4 YEAR OLD WENT CRAZY ABOUT THAT FIRST M-60 CAN WITH SOME MARDI GRA BEADS AND LITTLE TOYS INSIDE. WE WERE HOOKED AND COULDN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT OUTING. MY WIFE AND I WORK OUR TAILS OFF SO WE RARELY GET THE TIME TO "GET OUT" LIKE WE WISH WE COULD.

IN THE BEGINING THE CACHES WERE ALL LIKE THE FIRST, AND MY KIDS TOOK PRIDE IN COLLECTING LITTLE TIDBITS TO TRADE. WE WOULD HIKE AROUND LEARNING ABOUT NATURE (AND LAND NAV) SEEKING OUR PRIZE. WE REALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HOW MANY WE FOUND, IT WASN'T ABOUT KEEPING SCORE. CITO CAME INTO PRACTICE AND WE TOOK PRIDE IN CLEANING UP OUR SACRED MOTHER. WE LOVED WHAT WE WERE DOING SO MUCH THAT WE SPREAD THE WORD AND CONVICNCED OUR FRIENDS TO TRY IT......HOOKED.

That is Awesome.... I'm glad that you love our hobby.

It is wonderful. :)

I FEEL LIKE THIS SIMPLE LOVABLE PAST TIME IS BEING OVER RUN WITH EGOTISTICLE PEOPLE WHO GAGE YOU BY YOUR "STATS". i HAVEN'T PLACED A CACHE YET BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FOUND THAT PERFECT SPOT THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE MIND AND SPIRIT. I HELPED ANOTHER CACHER PLACE A CACHE IN MY AREA THAT IS A TOTAL ADVENTURE AND SO FAR PEOPLE LOVE AND RAVE ABOUT IT. JUST ONE. AROUND HERE THERE IS A 35MM FILM CANISTER EVERY 500 YARDS. MY KIDS AND I HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN THROUGH THE WEB SITE JUST TO FIND ONE "REGULAR" CACHE

I don't think that 99% of the persons that our involved in our hobby are in it for the "stats". Stats are just a way of saying hey look at me and how many hides/finds that I have. I have wasted money finding tupperware hidden somewhere I may have never stopped just driving or walking by..

WHERES THE FUN IN A FILM CANISTER?

Well that depends....

A film canister in a cemetery can be educational. You learn a little about somone that may have fought for our country. Something like a memorial... You find out something interesting about somone who has died for our freedom.

Then again the film canister could be placed in the cemetery because the hider thought that this was an interesting cemetery and wanted to bring people to that particular spot because they saw an interesting grave marker. You have to admit that some of them are quite spectacular...

A film canister is for high muggle areas, and urban caching. But they are also good for those rainy day caches that you don't want to stay couped up in the house sitting in front of the T.V. , or maybe it is one of those *blagh* day caches. When somone wants to do something when they aren't feeling all that well but have energy to burn.

A film canister... sometimes they are more "family" friendly. Let's say you have a smaller child with you. Lets say 2 or 3.. Do you really want to drag them out into the woods to a cache that may have lots of overgrowth, possibly haven't been found in a few months or stinging neddles, poision ivy. Lots of people have children smaller children that go caching....

7.62 CANS ARE READILY AVAILABLE, OR MAYBE A COFFEE CAN WITH SOME MC DONALD LAND TOYS INSIDE. WHEN WE PULL UP TO A GRAVE YARD MY KIDS DON'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE CAR ANYMORE.

There are loads of caches out there... Yes it may require a little bit of work, and yes you may have to drive a few more miles,... I know BAD example. especially with the way gas prices are, and that is wear and tear on the vehicles... Were Geocachers. Some of us are travelers who cache in the states that we are visiting because our home is our RV... Some of us cache because were ADDICTS!!!! :) We love being places that we have never been before. Exploring, learning new and wonderful things about people and places that we would have passed by.

I HAVE AN IDEA, DESIGNATE A SITE FOR COMPETITIVE "RACE" CACHING AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL GEO-CACHING SITE FOR QUALITY KID FREINDLY, FAMILY OUTING, KIND OF GEO-CACHING THAT EVERYONE WILL APPRICIATE AND TALK ABOUT.

For the people who think that it is a Race or competition or it is just about the Stats there prolly should be a designated site... but noone ever makes a big deal about how many finds/hides they have. When someone reaches a mile stone it is exciting. because if you think about it that is say 50, 100, 500,1000, or 100,000,000 new places that they have visited and have most likely learned something new.

SO WORLD, THERE IT IS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO EXPOUND ON THIS SIMPLE NOTION, FEEL FREE. MAYBE I AM WRONG, IF SO IT WON'T BE THE THE FIRST TIME. I MIGHT EVEN GO OUT AND BUY AN X-BOX AND STAY INSIDE.

You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. And what I have said is my opinion. Why buy and x-box and stay inside though? This is a fun hobby. It gives you education, exercise, and fresh air, and gives you a chance to CITO, and clean up our earth. After all it takes care of us and we should take care of it.

Happy Caching!!!!!!!!!!!

Cache on!!!!!!!!

IM USING THE G.M.'S SITE BECAUSE MINE IS ON THE FRITZ.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM.  I AM BASED OUT OF NE INDIANA WHERE MY FAMILY AND I HAVE ENJOYED THE "SPORT" FOR A YEAR OR SO.  I HAVE READ SOME THINGS ON HERE REVOLVING AROUND NOT MAINTAINING CACHES AND OVER SATURATION.  MAYBE MY INITIAL IDEA ABOUT GEOCACHING IS WRONG, SO I WILL ASK THE WORLD FOR THEIR OPINION.  MY WIFE FOUND AN ARTICLE ABOUT G C IN A MAGAZINE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN FOR THE FAMILY.  SHE WAS RIGHT.  I BOUGHT A LITTLE E-TREX AND WAS OFF.  THE 8 & 4 YEAR OLD WENT CRAZY ABOUT THAT FIRST M-60 CAN WITH SOME MARDI GRA BEADS AND LITTLE TOYS INSIDE.  WE WERE HOOKED AND COULDN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT OUTING.  MY WIFE AND I WORK OUR TAILS OFF SO WE RARELY GET THE TIME TO "GET OUT" LIKE WE WISH WE COULD.

IN THE BEGINING  THE CACHES WERE ALL LIKE THE FIRST, AND MY KIDS TOOK PRIDE IN COLLECTING LITTLE TIDBITS TO TRADE.  WE WOULD HIKE AROUND LEARNING ABOUT NATURE (AND LAND NAV) SEEKING OUR PRIZE.  WE REALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HOW MANY WE FOUND, IT WASN'T ABOUT KEEPING SCORE. CITO CAME INTO PRACTICE AND WE TOOK PRIDE IN CLEANING UP OUR SACRED MOTHER.  WE LOVED WHAT WE WERE DOING SO MUCH THAT WE SPREAD THE WORD AND CONVICNCED OUR FRIENDS TO TRY IT......HOOKED.

I FEEL THAT THIS PAST TIME (NOT SPORT) IS RAPIDLY BECOMING CORRUPTED BY THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THE SPIRIT OF GEOCACHING.  THERE IS NO POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW.  THE TREASURE HAS TRANSFORMMED INTO A 35MM FILM CANISTER.  I AM NOT BASHING MICROS, THEY HAVE THEIR PLACE SUCH AS BUILT UP URBAN PLACES AND AREAS WITH HIGH MUGGLE TRAFFICK. 

I FEEL LIKE THIS SIMPLE LOVABLE PAST TIME IS BEING OVER RUN WITH EGOTISTICLE PEOPLE WHO GAGE YOU BY YOUR "STATS".  i HAVEN'T PLACED A CACHE YET BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FOUND THAT PERFECT SPOT THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE MIND AND SPIRIT.  I HELPED ANOTHER CACHER PLACE A CACHE IN MY AREA THAT IS A TOTAL ADVENTURE AND SO FAR PEOPLE LOVE AND RAVE ABOUT IT. JUST ONE.  AROUND HERE THERE IS A 35MM FILM CANISTER EVERY 500 YARDS. MY KIDS AND I HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN THROUGH THE WEB SITE JUST TO FIND ONE "REGULAR" CACHE.  WHERES THE FUN IN A FILM CANISTER?

7.62 CANS ARE READILY AVAILABLE, OR MAYBE A COFFEE CAN WITH SOME MC DONALD LAND TOYS INSIDE.  WHEN WE PULL UP TO A GRAVE YARD MY KIDS DON'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE CAR ANYMORE. 

I HAVE AN IDEA, DESIGNATE A SITE FOR COMPETITIVE "RACE" CACHING AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL GEO-CACHING SITE FOR QUALITY KID FREINDLY, FAMILY OUTING, KIND OF GEO-CACHING THAT EVERYONE WILL APPRICIATE AND TALK ABOUT.

SO WORLD, THERE IT IS.  IF YOU CHOOSE TO EXPOUND ON THIS SIMPLE NOTION, FEEL FREE.  MAYBE I AM WRONG, IF SO IT WON'T BE THE THE FIRST TIME.  I MIGHT EVEN GO OUT AND BUY AN X-BOX AND STAY  INSIDE.

TEAM PRETORIUS

I HAVE AN IDEA, DESIGNATE A SITE FOR COMPETITIVE "RACE" CACHING AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL GEO-CACHING SITE FOR QUALITY KID FRIENDLY, FAMILY OUTING, KIND OF GEO-CACHING THAT EVERYONE WILL APPRECIATE AND TALK ABOUT.

I HAVE AN IDEA. WHY DON'T YOU DO JUST THAT.

Sorry, I was trying to reply in your native language but I'm not fluent in angst. If you think a new site is needed so you can play the game the way you want to on this site then you should create that site. Shouting at the rest of us about what you feel is a problem will not change anything. We used to have a rule when I worked. The person who felt passionate enough to bring a problem to the table was the one that was given the job of fixing it.

Please let me know when your COMPETITIVE "RACE" site is ready I would love to see your version of how to play this game. Since you feel its broken, would you please fix it?

THANK YOU.

Michael

p.s. Become a premium member and run a Pocket Query that filters out the micros and small caches. Then your past time wont be ruined by having to find caches you do not like. I happen to know that your state is rich in some great ammo box caches. You just need to do a little work to find them. That should not be a problem for you as you seem like someone who is willing to do whats needed to find an answer. Unless you are going to be too busy reinventing Geocaching on your new site :)

p.p.s Its Geocaching not Geo-caching.

Edited by LaPaglia

WHERES THE FUN IN A FILM CANISTER?

Here are some film-canister micros that were very fun to find (and I bet even kids would find them fun):

Picture Puzzler -- the website shows a picture taken in a park with one object photoshopped out; you have to find the exact spot and orientation that the picture as taken from, and then figure out which object is missing, and that's where the micro is.

Come Back Next Spring Cache -- hidden right in the middle of a huge "Daffodil Farm" -- it's a great place to wander around and explore, and it's fun "spy-like" experience to find and grab the micro while you're standing just a few feet from other people who are in such a daze from all the daffodils that they don't even notice you.

Wayland 11.0 - You want me to do WHAT?!? -- once you've found this micro, you also have to complete a task assigned by the previous finder. Most of them are pretty funny; kids would love attempting one (and they'd love assigning the next task even more!)

I recently found my 100th cache ( Little Cache on the Praireville by firemedic74) and wanted to drop a few lines about my experience so far. First of all, I would like to thank Team Pretorius for turning me on to this sport. I would also like to say hi to my fellow cachers I have met on the trail, Team Shydog, Team Earth Quakers, RPW, Joypa, and Seek 4 Fun.

From Gerbilmafia's geocaching ID page .....

So if you don't care about your stats , why are you bragging about your 100th find ?

Also do you know that one of those named is a member of the Geo ISQ Hiders and seekers .... one you said you met maybe even "liked" ?

You complain about the micros , have you ever tried to fully read the entire pages of an Indiana Spirit Quest ? You should try it sometime you might learn something. Like about all the historical facts that go into them . They are far more then just a lame micro in a cemetery . Its all it what you chose to take from them.

You have tried to attack Sixdogteam in the main forums before , where you failed .

In this particular forum and topic ... You REALLY REALLY don't stand much of a chance .

Most if not ALL of us here highly respect SixdogTeam and his efforts in placing caches.

Pay close attention to what Awsome Ev had to say , she said it very very well .

Perhaps its time for you to also place the type of caches you want to find ... try leading my example , instead of complaining and attacking others .

Team Tigger International is a very very proud member of the :

45018c77-1c78-45a2-a706-90179086b536.jpg

Star

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM.  I AM BASED OUT OF NE INDIANA WHERE MY FAMILY AND I HAVE ENJOYED THE "SPORT" FOR A YEAR OR SO.  I HAVE READ SOME THINGS ON HERE REVOLVING AROUND NOT MAINTAINING CACHES AND OVER SATURATION.  MAYBE MY INITIAL IDEA ABOUT GEOCACHING IS WRONG, SO I WILL ASK THE WORLD FOR THEIR OPINION.  MY WIFE FOUND AN ARTICLE ABOUT G C IN A MAGAZINE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN FOR THE FAMILY.  SHE WAS RIGHT.  I BOUGHT A LITTLE E-TREX AND WAS OFF.  THE 8 & 4 YEAR OLD WENT CRAZY ABOUT THAT FIRST M-60 CAN WITH SOME MARDI GRA BEADS AND LITTLE TOYS INSIDE.  WE WERE HOOKED AND COULDN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT OUTING.  MY WIFE AND I WORK OUR TAILS OFF SO WE RARELY GET THE TIME TO "GET OUT" LIKE WE WISH WE COULD.

IN THE BEGINING  THE CACHES WERE ALL LIKE THE FIRST, AND MY KIDS TOOK PRIDE IN COLLECTING LITTLE TIDBITS TO TRADE.  WE WOULD HIKE AROUND LEARNING ABOUT NATURE (AND LAND NAV) SEEKING OUR PRIZE.  WE REALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HOW MANY WE FOUND, IT WASN'T ABOUT KEEPING SCORE. CITO CAME INTO PRACTICE AND WE TOOK PRIDE IN CLEANING UP OUR SACRED MOTHER.  WE LOVED WHAT WE WERE DOING SO MUCH THAT WE SPREAD THE WORD AND CONVICNCED OUR FRIENDS TO TRY IT......HOOKED.

I FEEL THAT THIS PAST TIME (NOT SPORT) IS RAPIDLY BECOMING CORRUPTED BY THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THE SPIRIT OF GEOCACHING.  THERE IS NO POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW.  THE TREASURE HAS TRANSFORMMED INTO A 35MM FILM CANISTER.  I AM NOT BASHING MICROS, THEY HAVE THEIR PLACE SUCH AS BUILT UP URBAN PLACES AND AREAS WITH HIGH MUGGLE TRAFFICK. 

I FEEL LIKE THIS SIMPLE LOVABLE PAST TIME IS BEING OVER RUN WITH EGOTISTICLE PEOPLE WHO GAGE YOU BY YOUR "STATS".  i HAVEN'T PLACED A CACHE YET BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FOUND THAT PERFECT SPOT THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE MIND AND SPIRIT.  I HELPED ANOTHER CACHER PLACE A CACHE IN MY AREA THAT IS A TOTAL ADVENTURE AND SO FAR PEOPLE LOVE AND RAVE ABOUT IT. JUST ONE.  AROUND HERE THERE IS A 35MM FILM CANISTER EVERY 500 YARDS. MY KIDS AND I HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN THROUGH THE WEB SITE JUST TO FIND ONE "REGULAR" CACHE.  WHERES THE FUN IN A FILM CANISTER?

7.62 CANS ARE READILY AVAILABLE, OR MAYBE A COFFEE CAN WITH SOME MC DONALD LAND TOYS INSIDE.  WHEN WE PULL UP TO A GRAVE YARD MY KIDS DON'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE CAR ANYMORE. 

SO WORLD, THERE IT IS.  IF YOU CHOOSE TO EXPOUND ON THIS SIMPLE NOTION, FEEL FREE.  MAYBE I AM WRONG, IF SO IT WON'T BE THE THE FIRST TIME.  I MIGHT EVEN GO OUT AND BUY AN X-BOX AND STAY  INSIDE.

TEAM PRETORIUS

I HAVE AN IDEA, DESIGNATE A SITE FOR COMPETITIVE "RACE" CACHING AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL GEO-CACHING SITE FOR QUALITY KID FRIENDLY, FAMILY OUTING, KIND OF GEO-CACHING THAT EVERYONE WILL APPRECIATE AND TALK ABOUT.

p.s. Become a premium member and run a Pocket Query that filters out the micros and small caches. Then your past time wont be ruined by having to find caches you do not like. I happen to know that your state is rich in some great ammo box caches. You just need to do a little work to find them. That should not be a problem for you as you seem like someone who is willing to do whats needed to find an answer. Unless you are going to be too busy reinventing Geocaching on your new site :D

I think LaPaglia gave you the correct solution to your problem.

Geocaching is a GAME that you can customize it the way you like. Remember that!Customize it the way you like to play it and stop bashing the way someone else wants to play the game! There are tons of regular caches (ammo boxes,etc) for you to find. Micros are placed in interesting places that won't support or inappropriate for a regular size caches.

Also remember that not every cache is meant for everyone. If there is a cache that you don't like, just skip it and go on to the next!

Stats are stats thats all. They represent how many places you've been, how many friends you've made. Just like any GAME there are stats . If stats don't mean anything to you, why don't you just post a note instead of a find?? see what I mean??

Enjoy geocaching the way you like to play it and you'll be happy with yourself. Get out , travel and enjoy what geocaching has to offer!

TEAM PRETORIUS: Posting to the forums under another's avatar is confusing. Now I see the Avatar on your post has changed to " Geooutlaw" I don't know how this happened. Anyway, by your "site" being on the "fritz" do you mean you can't log into your account? If so, there are probably plenty of lurkers here who can help you if you describe to us the nature your problem... :D

TEAM PRETORIUS: Posting to the forums under another's avatar is confusing. Now I see the Avatar on your post has changed to " Geooutlaw" I don't know how this happened. Anyway, by your "site" being on the "fritz" do you mean you can't log into your account? If so, there are probably plenty of lurkers here who can help you if you describe to us the nature your problem... :D

Sorry , I was confused there it seems ... Thanks Patrick !

Reguardless , what I said can still apply to this topic to some extent !

Sorry for the confusion by me everyone ... and to you as well Team Pretorius....

Awsome Ev's advice is very good ....

Star

Some of us are travelers who cache in the states that we are visiting because our home is our RV...

I'm excited -- I hope to cache in Pennsylvania this weekend! Now, I prefer a bigger cache, not a micro, because I like to trade, but I'll take the micros too! No one is forcing me to find a micro or find an ISQ cache (and I haven't yet). Zoe-dog and I are just happy to have more of a reason to get outdoors!

Hey everybody! Who's gonna be out this weekend?? Let's go!! :D

I just came from the gas pumps today!  OUCH! :D

When I saw the price jump from $2.55 to $2.79 here in South Bend yesterday I wasn't too happy, but when I heard that this morning it had gone to $3.49 at several stations around town I was mortified. :lol: This is getting to be pretty serious stuff!

While I can understand that the high spike has everything to do with the hurricane devastation in the LA-MS area, it stands to reason that unless people start to get very serious about conserving energy this can and probably will get much more out of control.

Driving my vehicle beyond what is necessary is now a luxury for me and all my caching is going to have to be done by bicycle or walking from now on.

Please pray for the hurricane victims :ph34r:

TEAM PRETORIUS

Team Pretorius/gerbilmafia/Geooutlaw's duplicate thread in "Geocaching Topics" was closed down by Cybret (with a compliment to Awsome Ev for her reply to his post in this thread). In it he changed the word 'site' to 'computer', so I guess he doesn't need our help fixing a problem with his account or his ability to log into it...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=107371

:D

Edited by Earthdog Patrick
I just came from the gas pumps today!  OUCH! :D

When I saw the price jump from $2.55 to $2.79 here in South Bend yesterday I wasn't too happy, but when I heard that this morning it had gone to $3.49 at several stations around town I was mortified. :D This is getting to be pretty serious stuff!

Yesterday I saw gas prices jump from $2.68 to $2.78 in Rochester while I was at work. Now I'm scared to even look now what the prices at up to . :P I was planning on a big caching trip for Labor Day but I might have just to cut way back on my Caching overall.

Edited by Wishbone86
all my caching is going to have to be done by bicycle or walking from now on.

I can ride in a truck, but I can't pedal a bike, my legs are too short. We are going to have to form CARPOOLS and create CACHE MACHINES! Lead Dog says the only caches he's going to hide or seek will have to be out back of the barn, or out front by the willow tree... :D Mad Dog! Mad Dog!

all my caching is going to have to be done by bicycle or walking from now on.

I can ride in a truck, but I can't pedal a bike, my legs are too short. We are going to have to form CARPOOLS and create CACHE MACHINES! Lead Dog says the only caches he's going to hide or seek will have to be out back of the barn, or out front by the willow tree... :P Mad Dog! Mad Dog!

That would still be a 25 mile drive for me. :P:D:D

i filled up in Noblesville today, i passed a Speedway that was 3.19 and at the next light was a BP that was 2.69

but it doesn't matter that much to me currently, i drive my company car and they pay the gas, i only have to pay taxes at the end of the year for all the personal mileage I aquire

Look for me as you head south from I-69 to I-465. I will be the guy with my thumb out and the "will work for gas" sign...

i filled up in Noblesville today, i passed a Speedway that was 3.19 and at the next light was a BP that was 2.69

but it doesn't matter that much to me currently, i drive my company car and they pay the gas, i only have to pay taxes at the end of the year for all the personal mileage I aquire

Look for me as you head south from I-69 to I-465. I will be the guy with my thumb out and the "will work for gas" sign...

Actually i think i passed you up near Gas City standing by the I 69 southbound ramp with your thumb up. Didn't see a sign though lol

You need to put out a few of those in South Central Indiana! :P

I did and they were just few miles off your doorstep! Do you have any idea how much work it takes to find a cemetery in Lawrence County that does not already have a cache in it. I probably spent 3 hours just going over topo maps and coordinating the the GC site just to find six sites that did not already have caches. You guys are dead serious down there.

Now that I think about it, you have one AWESOME cemetery cache that is just screaming to become an ISQ. That would be Gilgal Cemetery. I have project going in Heltonville and could not pass it up. WONDERFUL site with lots of history including an origional Rev War grave complete with origional SAR flag holder.

I just want to let everyone know that we are officially putting out ISQ caches now. Look for several to start showing up in central and southern Indiana!!!

We are proud members of the ISQ team . :P

We are proud members of the ISQ team . :lol:

GEOISQ is proud to announce that the illustrious Prairie Partners have joined us on our Quest. Their first ISQ cache has been published and you can view it here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7f-a3e7cbb658c5

We think that this association will bring a new era of greatness to our modest series. We've hit the big time now, boys!

:P:):P:P

Note to all GEOISQ members: PP's initiation rites will be held at the regular time and place. And this time, people, everybody please remember to bring your own daggars!! B)

Note to all GEOISQ members: PP's  initiation rites  will be held at the regular time and place. And this time, people, everybody please remember to bring your own daggars!! :D

Time and place?? Where should we show up?? :D<_<:D

If we aren't there on time, feel free to start without us!! :D:D:D

Oh, you'll be there all right. Don't worry about a thing, we'll come get you. By the way, it might be a good idea for ya'll to sleep in your clothes with your boots on for the next couple of days. Do you have flame retaradent nomex jump suits like the Nascar drivers wear? If so, sleeep in them, preferably with a life preserver. If you don't have a parachute one will be provided for you, packed by Patrick himself. Don't worry, we've never lost anyone yet during these initiation rites--come close tho, in Shydog's case.

It will be a double Initiation, folks! Please welcome -{Los Xile}- to GEOISQ. His first cache can be viewed here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...88-d1fc78e49119

B)B):huh:;);)

Note to all GEOISQ members: PP's  initiation rites  will be held at the regular time and place. And this time, people, everybody please remember to bring your own daggars!! :D

Time and place?? Where should we show up?? ;):huh:;)

If we aren't there on time, feel free to start without us!! :D<_<:D

Oh, you'll be there all right. Don't worry about a thing, we'll come get you. By the way, it might be a good idea for ya'll to sleep in your clothes with your boots on for the next couple of days. Do you have flame retaradent nomex jump suits like the Nascar drivers wear? If so, sleeep in them, preferably with a life preserver. If you don't have a parachute one will be provided for you, packed by Patrick himself. Don't worry, we've never lost anyone yet during these initiation rites--come close tho, in Shydog's case.

It will be a double Initiation, folks! Please welcome -{Los Xile}- to GEOISQ. His first cache can be viewed here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...88-d1fc78e49119

:D:D:D:DB)

Welcome aboard everyone!! You WILL have fun.

Oh, SDT, I've inspected the branding irons & they're all ready for the big night.

:DB):D:D

Time and place?? Where should we show up?? ;):huh:;)

If we aren't there on time, feel free to start without us!! :D<_<:D

Oh, SDT, I've inspected the branding irons & they're all ready for the big night.

:D:D:DB)

I'd just like to remind someone to bring a robe this time. We have nothing against nudity, but there are limits.

Wulf

A team of GEOISQ guys drive around in the country til they come across an old cemetery. The driver slows down a bit and the "spotter" chucks an empty 35mm film can out the car window at the cemetery. I say empty, but its weighted with lead bullets or sinkers so it will travel . The driver then notes the general coordinates on the GPSr and we post them to the cache page.  We give a hint based on what the cemetery looks like (trees, bushes, stumps etc.) We don't stop. The First to Finder then finds it and writes a log something like this:

"Coordinates were way off. Found the empty container lying out in the open. Put it back where we thought it belonged based on the hint, and signed a piece of scrap paper we had and put it in the cache. TNLNSL Thanks!"

Don't worry, everybody is in on the joke. Sometimes, if the First to finder can't find it, he just hides his own empty film can and claims a smilie . Everybody's happy. We've done this hundreds of times... <_<

Well i followed Patricks guidline for placing my first ISQ, I must add, it's very hard to throw a film canister up that steep of a hill When your friend is driving down a country road at 80 MPH

Edited by -{LoS}-Xile
A team of GEOISQ guys drive around in the country til they come across an old cemetery. The driver slows down a bit and the "spotter" chucks an empty 35mm film can out the car window at the cemetery. I say empty, but its weighted with lead bullets or sinkers so it will travel . The driver then notes the general coordinates on the GPSr and we post them to the cache page.  We give a hint based on what the cemetery looks like (trees, bushes, stumps etc.) We don't stop. The First to Finder then finds it and writes a log something like this:

"Coordinates were way off. Found the empty container lying out in the open. Put it back where we thought it belonged based on the hint, and signed a piece of scrap paper we had and put it in the cache. TNLNSL Thanks!"

Don't worry, everybody is in on the joke. Sometimes, if the First to finder can't find it, he just hides his own empty film can and claims a smilie . Everybody's happy. We've done this hundreds of times... :laughing:

Well i followed Patricks guidline for placing my first ISQ, I must add, it's very hard to throw a film canister up that steep of a hill When your friend is driving down a country road at 80 MPH

Well, if you followed Patrick's guidelines which say to SLOW DOWN as you pass the cemetery, and the driver was doing 80 mph, what did he slow down from? 120? It's all relative I guess. But I will tell you one thing,from my experience, if you're trying to hit a guard rail with a magnetic keyholder, you'll never do it if you're going faster than about forty.... ;) Of course with gas prices what they are now, I guess we'll all be slowing down a bit... :)

Hello everyone! Just a quick introduction before I get down to my real business:

Mysteries Inc consists of my husband (Shaggy), our son (Scooby) and yours truly (no Freds or Velmas planned for the future!). We live in south central Indiana (Orleans). We have a couple cats and a dog, whose caching name will be Scooby-Too (if he ever gets to go caching).

Now for the important stuff:

I have a travel bug that's in a special race and needs to get to St. Patrick, OH. St. Patrick is (according to Mapquest), 48 miles/1 hour north of Dayton and 84 miles/2 hours (slightly north)east of Muncie (or 69 miles/2¼ hours, if you go through Winchester, IN). She will probably need to have her photo taken to prove she was there. I really, really wanted to take her over there myself, but Shaggy wasn't too keen on that idea, even before gas prices went way up.

Is anyone going to be at the Fall IN-GEO picnic in Madison next week-end who might be headed over to west central Ohio in the near future (maybe to place some more ISQ-OC caches :laughing: )? If you want to give this bug a hand, we will be camping on site #101 at Clifty Falls next Friday and Saturday nights. We will be at the picnic Saturday, at least in the morning and evening. Here's what we look like:

1370061_800.jpg

(This was taken when we first started caching, but they look pretty much the same.)

e03808b3-2921-4705-ad3e-0b363e841364.jpg

(This is a recent photo, but I've gotten a perm since then.)

Thanks!

*Daphne*

Mysteries Inc

P.S. I've enjoyed reading about the ISQ caches in this thread -- I'm looking forward to doing some now that they are starting to creep south. :laughing:

84 miles/2 hours (slightly north)east of Muncie

84 Miles? that's just under an hour for -{LoS }-Xile! ;) And that's if it's UPHILL!! ;)

um actually i live in greewood so it'd be like 3 1/2 hours away for me, But i can make a trip up to my branch in Portland and then slide across the state line illegally(well it's a Company van and i'm not supposed to leave the state with it but Shhhhh don't tell my boss) unless someone else would rather take it and run with it :-)

I don't get the uphill comment though I will admit i do speed from time to time... you know like 70 mph down a gravel road searching for ISQ hides

I better warn you though, I don't have a digital camera, so it takes a dreadfully long time for me to get prints made...

Edited by -{LoS}-Xile
84 miles/2 hours (slightly north)east of Muncie

84 Miles? that's just under an hour for -{LoS }-Xile! ;) And that's if it's UPHILL!! ;)

um actually i live in greewood so it'd be like 3 1/2 hours away for me, But i can make a trip up to my branch in Portland and then slide across the state line illegally(well it's a Company van and i'm not supposed to leave the state with it but Shhhhh don't tell my boss) unless someone else would rather take it and run with it :-)

I don't get the uphill comment though I will admit i do speed from time to time... you know like 70 mph down a gravel road searching for ISQ hides

I better warn you though, I don't have a digital camera, so it takes a dreadfully long time for me to get prints made...

Get a job at a racetrack.

Zoe-dog and even Shadow Black Cat, the non-geocaching member of the family, are calling on other geo-pets to contribute if they can to help out with pets affected by Hurricane Katrina's devestation:

How to help with the animal relief effort

Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals:

www.la-spca.org

Humane Society of the United States:

www.hsus.org

American Veterinary Medical Association:

www.avma.org

Donations can be made at the Petco store at 415 E. University Drive, Mishawaka (I'm sure other Petco stores and other pet supply stores are participating as well).

For supply donations:

Mark any package FOR DISASTER RELIEF ONLY

c/o Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine

Skip Bertman Drive

Baton Rouge, LA, 70809

Monetary donations can be made to the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association by calling (800) 524-2996 or (225) 928-5862.

You can also download a donation form at the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association Web site www.lvma.org, or send a check or money order made payable to the Dr. Walter J. Ernst, Jr. Veterinary Memorial Foundation, 8550 United Plaza Blvd., Suite 1001, Baton Rouge, LA 70809.

Hello....... (echo back)

Work really is getting in the way of my fun time, that and gas prices!

Oh well, time to take a day or two off and drive around the state caching.

Looks like there will be 4 of the ISQ teams down in Madison this weekend. So when are we going to have a recruting event? I think a nice fall day over at Salomonie State Forrest would work. Opps I forgot, they allow deer hunting over there don't they? When is deer season?Anyone have an idea where we could do an event? Maybe big pot of soup or chili and give a presentation on the ISQ series, place a few caches, meet and greet sort of thing. Just a thought.

Looks like there will be 4 of the ISQ teams down in Madison this weekend. So when are we going to have a recruting event? I think a nice fall day over at Salomonie State Forrest would work. Opps I forgot, they allow deer hunting over there don't they? When is deer season?Anyone have an idea where we could do an event? Maybe big pot of soup or chili and give a presentation on the ISQ series, place a few caches, meet and greet sort of thing. Just a thought.

Maybe we can give this a talk at the Fall Picnic. :D See you there!! Everyone please stop and say Hi to me, even though I'll be busy with the event. We'll be at camp site 95 for the weekend. Feel free to stop and pull up a chair and sit around the fire and chat. Looking foward to seeing everyone again!

Looks like there will be 4 of the ISQ teams down in Madison this weekend. So when are we going to have a recruting event? I think a nice fall day over at Salomonie State Forrest would work. Opps I forgot, they allow deer hunting over there don't they? When is deer season?Anyone have an idea where we could do an event? Maybe big pot of soup or chili and give a presentation on the ISQ series, place a few caches, meet and greet sort of thing.  Just a thought.

Maybe we can give this a talk at the Fall Picnic. :D See you there!! Everyone please stop and say Hi to me, even though I'll be busy with the event. We'll be at camp site 95 for the weekend. Feel free to stop and pull up a chair and sit around the fire and chat. Looking foward to seeing everyone again!

Sounds good shydog .... but it wouldnt be worth if unless our grand exhaulted leader weren't there !

PATRICK !

As far as the event this weekend goes , constrants of working 7 days a week and it being far to far south for us we will be unable to attend .... at least this one .

Hope you all have a great time !

Star

Sounds good shydog .... but it wouldnt be worth if unless our grand exhaulted leader weren't there !

Why do you think we are posting messages about all the fun we will be having? Perhpas we can shame some of you northerners to shell out the megabucks for gas and head down to the southlands. Only 4 ISQers? We would love to see a few more...

Why do you think we are posting messages about all the fun we will be having? Perhpas we can shame some of you northerners to shell out the megabucks for gas and head down to the southlands. Only 4 ISQers? We would love to see a few more...

I agree. It's better to experience it than to hear about it after the fact!! Picnic will be a BLAST!!

I agree. It's better to experience it than to hear about it after the fact!! Picnic will be a BLAST!!

Why do you folks always have cool stuff going on when I've gotta work?

Have fun everyone. Wish I was there.