Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I can only imagine what putting any kind of foodstuff in a cache would attract. :D  :)  ;)

We'll show you EXACTLY what kind of critters get into caches, MonkeyKing! But let me set it up first. Does anybody here agree with me that Kaycee is cuter than Jessica on Newlyweds? Well, speaking of TV, Jim Fowler, the animal guy who used to be on the Carson Show, has his own show now. But let me digress. Anybody remember a TV show in the 70's called Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? There was a crew member on the Sub named Kowalski, and EVERY week, a sea-monster form hell would invade the boat and the Captain would send Kowalski, unarmed, to fight it hand-to-hand. And Kowalsi always got his butt kicked, bad.

Anyway, Jim Fowler played Kowalsi to Marlin Perkins in the 60's Animal Adventure show "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom", the sucessor to "Zoo Parade" Every week we were treated to the delicious script that always went something like this:

Marlin: " While Jim goes down to the river and wrestles with the rabid ten-foot crockadile to extract it's bad tooth, we'll sit here in the air-conditioned tent and examine some fossile teeth from prehistoric crocks..."

Anyway , King Monkey, we have our very own Jim Fowler on the Spirit Quest. Look what BARNABY found at ISQ #283 A Viking Duke:

03f4f040-49f0-41a3-8930-2ba50452fc63.jpg

:)

Stat update:

571 cachers have found 6,525 ISQ caches.

TOP 40 FINDERS:

1 SWEETIE PIE 223

2 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 177

3 J PLUS 14 170

4 4DAMFAM 146

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 144

7 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 130

8 ITZME 129

9 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 125

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 125

11 WILLIAMSFAMGC 123

12 BUDDAMAN 117

13 JUST MEE 116

14 HOLEN1 105

15 LOLOLOCO 104

16 AWSOME EV 92

17 DEERMARK 90

18 KIDCRAZY 88

19 PHAROAH'S MAN & EAGLE EYE 82

20 TWO NUT CACHES 81

21 DAGGY 73

22 TRICKWORM 72

23 TEAM RAMFIRE 66

24 SASSYKAT 53

25 BBSURVEYORS 52

26 INDYMAGICMAN 47

27 TEAM SALBEN 45

28 CACHECOMMANDO 43

29 DR. BOB 43

30 TEAM SHYDOG 43

31 OLDTIMERS 42

32 GENIUS LOCI 41

33 HUTT 41

34 SOUTHLANDERS, THE 41

35 MATTSTER 40

36 PURPLEMARTIN2 40

37 FLYIN' SQUIRREL 39

38 TWOGOPHERS 39

39 DOOBIES 37

40 STOHEM 37

Just had to pop in to tell you how excited I was today. Had to leave the dogs at home today because I was going to Knox for a Dr. Appt. results I am not a bag of skin holding broken parts just badly ding up. Anyways I have been wanting to do the Walk thru Wythogan and got my chance today. Soon to be hubby and I trek through spider web after web thinking no one has been her in awhile. Only to find the cache and see a TB! My very 1st TB ~ Homeless From Seattle. ;) And he was put there today! Anyway he has been fishing, seen one of those baby coons eating Mulberrys @ a public access in Winamac, seen a flying go~cart. Will be taking him to a few caches before dropping him off in Ohio on Friday @ Happy Holiday Hide in Eaton,Oh.

Then I was looking for caches for the trip back home when I found some caches by Torry :laughing: If the light holds out I just might have to drop in on two of them.

Torry you will then have to do a check for a special tag for pigs! ;) Will let you know if I made it there on this coming trip or not.

Ok off to do some night catfishing and let the dogs play in the river since they had to stay home today.

ISQ~3 and counting :laughing:

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader

Zoe-dog wanted the other caching pups to know that she's going to Wisconsin next week! She's very excited about the trip because she gets to ride on the bed in the travel trailer and look out the window.

Now what she doesn't know is that she probably won't get to go on any nice geocaching walks unless the trailer is with us. Her daddy won't let her ride in the cab of the truck ("too much hair"), and her mommy won't let her ride in the truck bed ("not safe").

Zoe-dog would also like everyone to know that she is approximately 11 years old now! She doesn't know her exact birthday, but it's probably sometime in August.

Her daddy won't let her ride in the cab of the truck ("too much hair"),

Daddy's not a Dog-Man, eh? Too bad. God Forbid a DOG HAIR gets in his CAR. Our trucks are Dog-Friendly, Mud Friendly, gravel Road friendly and FUN-FRIENDLY!! WooHoo!!! We ride in 'em, watch drive=in movies in 'em, eat in 'em. sleep in 'em, make love in'em, and race 'em!! YEE-HAAAA!!! It's a dog's life AROUND HERE! Oh, NOOOOO!! There's a bug on my windshield!!!

:lol:;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Earthdog Patrick
Her daddy won't let her ride in the cab of the truck ("too much hair"),

Daddy's not a Dog-Man, eh? Too bad. God Forbid a DOG HAIR gets in his CAR. Our trucks are Dog-Friendly, Mud Friendly, gravel Road friendly and FUN-FRIENDLY!! WooHoo!!! We ride in 'em, watch drive=in movies in 'em, eat in 'em. sleep in 'em, make love in'em, and race 'em!! YEE-HAAAA!!! It's a dog's life AROUND HERE! Oh, NOOOOO!! There's a bug on my windshield!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::):)

Oh her daddy is very much a dog-man! He spoils my Zoe-Dog like crazy since we lost his G-Dog (Gretchen) in 2003. He lets her ride in his cargo van, and she loves that. And of course she rides in the backseat of my car (I have the drool marks down the window to prove it). He just doesn't like her in the truck (it's a little crowded in there with 3 of us anyway).

Now he says when Zoe-dog is gone, the next one will be smaller. Short-hair would be nice too. Hmmmm, maybe a Jack Russell????

New GeoDog to add to our team!

Daddy brought home a mini Pin. she is so cute but hogs the windows in the car. Daisy took over the bed from the cats hehehe. Maxxie is not playing nice and is in trouble again from bolting out of the fence last night. One day back in the house and she just had to mess things up for me. I followed again. :unsure: when will I learn. No caches for her this week. Me on the other hand I get to help break in this new thing with legs that don't quit and a mouth that won't leave me be for a sec. alway bitting at my tail. Well have to go check on one of my kids male cat Tom he is going to be come an it tommorow :laughing: I hope that don't happen to me! Unless I see the cache stuff I ain't getting near the car with Mommy. ~Beans

he is going to be come an it tommorow :rolleyes: I hope that don't happen to me! Unless I see the cache stuff I ain't getting near the car with Mommy. ~Beans

Don't worry, Beans, it won't make you an "IT"-- you'll still be a male dog and be able to do everything you could before, except become a daddy! Who was it that said we all spend our lives in "Quiet Desperation" ? :unsure:

Hi Indiana Cachers,

I was querying for caches at Turkey Run and Shades State Parks. It looks like the Indiana DNR has recently removed nearly all of the geocaches in those parks. Does anyone know if this is a widespread DNR policy or limited to these two parks?

fw_ord

Hi Indiana Cachers,

I was querying for caches at Turkey Run and Shades State Parks. It looks like the Indiana DNR has recently removed nearly all of the geocaches in those parks. Does anyone know if this is a widespread DNR policy or limited to these two parks?

fw_ord

It generally depends it seems , as to what the Direct Park rangers in these parks wish to allow .

Pokegan State Park has gotten into the whole geocaching thing with both feet. The Park staff themselves have placed at least one cache there themselves.

Elkhart County Parks , has the same kind of attitude . They have a Ranger , she is called Ranger Kim that gives seminars , and teaches other rangers and prospective cachers about geocaching. Fantastic !

If you follow the rules that each park sets forth such as getting the proper permits ( these are usually free in the state of Indiana) one should have little to no problems.

Basically it all comes down to the use of the Park/ Area and the people that directly are involved in controling it .

Star

To Six Dog Team:

Don't worry about too many caches. I have many days of fun following you around the trails at Salamonie and Huntington reservoirs. You have made a huge contribution in leading me to some spectacular scenery. My one DNF, you got on right away.

To Team Tigger:

Your observations about the DNR personalities at each park seem correct. After disappointing queries and reading the logs for Shades and Turkey Run; Chain O Lakes, Pokagon, McCormicks's Creek all showed recent finds and happy geocachers.

fw_ord

:P

I will be heading to Tippicanoe State Park on Friday we are going to check out a few of the caches around there. When we drop the girl off for the last GS Camp this year. By the looks of the logs they are still there. Glad to see France Park near Logansport as aloud 3 caches to be placed there. Kids and Daisy are going on a night cache for a few of them. We know a free back way in on trails from the Walbash River. Not doing the cliff one at night!

My oldest daughter the Junior is putting it before the Tribal Trail Girl Scout Council to maybe place a cache on the new wetland trails that open @ Wildwood in Logansport this pass summer. We hope to get an ok. :P

She is also doing some research to find a new ISQ spot near Logansport to help her with her Junior Bronze Badge award "Goal is to help out those that are no longer maintained. Falled stones being up righted! Weeds being removed. Trash picked up. ect."

Edited by One Crazy Girl Scout Leader
She is also doing some research to find a new ISQ spot near Logansport to help her with her Junior Bronze Badge award "Goal is to help out those that are no longer maintained. Falled stones being up righted! Weeds being removed. Trash picked up. ect."

That's really cool. My family has taken care of an old cemetery for years. The stone range from 1830-something to about 1870. Last year an Eagle Scout did a project and helped with some additional clean-up. Unfortunately he did not check with my father first like he was asked to, and he destroyed a couple areas of lillies. :P The lillies did a fantastic job of filling in a fenced in plot so it needed no mowing. The other work was fine, just not real happy about that little bit.

Zoe-dog wants to wish all the other geocaching dogs -- Patrick, Precious, Maxxie, Beans, LeadDog, and anybody else she's forgotten -- happy hunting this weekend! She didn't get to go out this past weekend and is hoping to on this Wisconsin trip. She's had a bath and has been brushed everyday in hopes that Dad will let her ride in the truck. Funny how she can ride on the bed in the travel trailer and not in the truck. :P She's got her doggie backpack and froggie bandana already packed!

Note to self carry extra D batteries for the Big Flashlight. We got to the first cache tonight and out went my flashlight. :P Kids had mini flashlights but we just could not find the cache in the dark. :lol: Daisy thank goodness was on a leash for once. We treked back to the car after replacing the kids batteries. Ya carry those but needed 6 D's. We are getting these France Park caches tommorow morning. :lol:

Zoe-dog wants to wish all the other geocaching dogs -- Patrick, Precious, Maxxie, Beans, LeadDog, and anybody else she's forgotten -- happy hunting this weekend!

Lead Dog is a Human Being (just barely) the Musher part of the SixDogTeam, I know that's confusing, but that's the way it is. EarthDog Patrick, however, is a foul-smelling little dog, who is a kitty-lover. The fact that he can TALK makes it even more confusing....That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P

I'M HOLDING HIS LEASH, HE'S NOT HOLDING MINE!!! :lol:

Now that is confusing! Zoe-dog can't type although she talks alot with Tim-the-Toolman noises and Chewbacca grunts, so she relies on me to post in the forum.

So Patrick likes kitties? wow, how disappointing. Zoe-dog is very confused about kitties. A very large, very intimidating one lives in our house and she STILL can't figure him out. His name is Shadow and he is black with a white spot on his chest. If need be, he will hiss, growl, and swat at Zoe-Dog (he has ALL his claws). She really just wants to give him a big sniff (ok, maybe take a bite or two, she says), but she's afraid to get too close. Since she can't get the cat, she's been trying to figure out how to get the new groundhog in the backyard. He's been digging a condo under the woodshed.

Since she can't get the cat, she's been trying to figure out how to get the new groundhog in the backyard.  He's been digging a condo under the woodshed.

I think I know someone who can help.....

8c81fe8e-a09e-402f-ad4f-d4b988f0161c.jpg

Wulf

Ohhh, now don't even bring that up! Zoe-dog's daddy is a heavy equipment operator and he's been lusting after a new toy, well, just any toy he can play in the dirt with! He'd want this with tracks though.

I think Zoe will have to be content with sticking her nose down the hole. She doesn't seem too interested in getting her feet dirty by digging more. She just likes to chase the groundhog when she sees hiim.

Sorry to interrupt and change the subject, but I just discovered an interesting topic in the general topics foum, heres the link:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...05035&p=1632268

My response is the last post.

We got your back LeadDog ... just added my 2 cents worth ....

Star

Well, I think you all have been doing a fantastic job and added a lot to the game. I added my two cents worth to that thread...not that it really amounts to much. :lol:

Also, what is an ISQ cache as opposed to a regular one? Sorry for the ignorance.

King of Monkeys: Don't be sorry for ignorance--this is the place to be! We're all ignorant as hell here. This is the thread for Indiana Cacher outlaws. W were unceremoniously kicked out of the OTHER Indiana thread for writing some posts that were considered frivolous. This thread is open to ALL cachers and their dogs and cats. This is the geo-dawg friendly thread. But seriously, For the difference between ISQ caches and "regular" ones, go to any ISQ cache page, Read It, then you tell me...

(THE SHADOW KNOWS! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!)

:D:D:P

SEARCH: SPIRIT QUEST

My name is Lead Dog, I'm from Bippus, Indiana and I like Geocaching.

:D

Also, what is an ISQ cache as opposed to a regular one?  Sorry for the ignorance.

King of Monkeys: Don't be sorry for ignorance--this is the place to be! We're all ignorant as hell here. This is the thread for Indiana Cacher outlaws. W were unceremoniously kicked out of the OTHER Indiana thread for writing some posts that were considered frivolous. This thread is open to ALL cachers and their dogs and cats. This is the geo-dawg friendly thread. But seriously, For the difference between ISQ caches and "regular" ones, go to any ISQ cache page, Read It, then you tell me...

(THE SHADOW KNOWS! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!)

:D;):D

SEARCH: SPIRIT QUEST

My name is Lead Dog, I'm from Bippus, Indiana and I like Geocaching.

:P

:D I second that! :D

What a day for doing some caches.

Great way to work off the food from the Mini Wheresgeorge.com gathering in West Lafayette today. All but 3 of the WG members where Geocachers! I had to get the other half to work so I didn't get to do the new cache for the gathering. It is listed as Great Scott!!Where's George? in West Lafayette.

So we found some in Monticello until it got to dark. @ The Poor House we spied a bannana spider over looking the cache. @ Tornado Alley and kids was freaked out since there was a missing brick from one of the graves in the hillside. Son tried to look in as we walked by said he saw two big shiney things!

If we would have found the missing brick we would have replaced it. @Voigt we seen baby bunnies!

We had Lucy the wonder pup out on the ISQ trail today.

136c4dc8-8882-415a-b901-41603ffa8aeb.jpg

At Indiana Spirit Quest #287 - The Old Rock Hunter, we could not get her to point to those silly little 35mm film cannisters. She was definately more interested in the birds and bunnies.

d8b9d267-548c-4a7c-9e0c-4f83f4906041.jpg

At Indiana Spirit Quest #294 - Roosters Crowing, she got a little too comfortable on one of the stone benches... that was until the guard roosters started their assult on our small band of intruders.

I had a great time in Wisconsin and Minnesota and even found 4 caches in Wisconsin and 1 in Minnesota. Hard to convince the reluctant hubby to take the time.

Zoe-dog had a true vacation, just being lazy. She did nothing but lay around on the bed of the travel trailer all day and go for a morning walk each day. No caching for her. :)

Here's a new picture of her modeling her new doggie backback. She actually doesn't mind it. She seems to know that when it's on, she's going to go somewhere.

2cb35ac9-85b4-4c5c-b500-98c27523696e.jpg

ISQ UPDATE:

As of this morning, 614 cachers have logged 7,069 finds on 309 ISQ caches, and we are proud to say Live Poison Ivy can be found, if you look hard enuff, on AT LEAST 176 of them!! :o

STATS--ONE DAY DAYLIGHT ONLY CACHE FINDS:

10/16/04 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 55

4/16/05 JPLUS14 64

5/28/05 KID CRAZY, PHAROAHS MAN & EAGLE EYE 70

05/30/05 WILLIAMS FAMGC, HOLEN1, LOLOLOCO, 4DAMFAMILY 102

:D:D:D