Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Haven't heard anything from SixDog Team lately , could it be they are up to no good ?

Star

We have a brand new geocacher right here in River City and he found 22 Indian Spirit Quest caches Saturday, so we told him he owed us, and needed to hide some caches around here so we could be finders again instead of just hiders and he emailed back saying he'd already hidden two but not published them yet. So, Patrick is staying up nights checking the computer every two hours so we can be first to find anytime of the day or night. (we've got our caching bag in the truck). Patrick wanted me to leave the truck RUNNING, so we'd have a La Mans start, but I told him GAS is costing too much now... Just hid our 100th ISQ at a place that has the graves of THREE, count em three, War of 1812 Veterans...everybody around here has bloody knuckles from pounding the walls in frustration and crying deleriously about the fact that we no longer can tune the TV set into our favorite story-teller, Dan What's his name...The "no good" we're up to is a SECRET of course, because, while not immoral, it certainly is illegal --Torry, we shook DAle EArnhartdst (sic) hand at the Baer Field Raceway in Ft. Wayne a number of years ago when he and three other Winston Cup (can we say that?) drivers raced around the little oval in borrowed local cars--one went over the berm, off the track(No problem). What was amazing to us was that Dale raced just as hard as he would in a Cup event, lead the way, and won his heats...a real champion.

Never met Dale Earnhart. Tony Stewart, John Andreti, Ken Schrader, Kasey Kahne, Kenny Irwin, Mike Bliss, Terry Cook, and a bunch of others who ran midgets have been through here.

Our season starts WAY too early. But we had about fifty folks ready to race last week... Which reminds me I've got a travel bug I've gotta get in some pictures this weekend.

... a cache that I did last weekend that actually uses the "Spirit Quest" name...

That's OK, as they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery"--and none is likely to mistake them for ISQ's-- our series had an unmistakeable look and feel backed up by solid historical research and dedication to Pioneer Veterans...Those Ohio cachers went back and re-named a bunch of their older caches with the designation "SQ"... The ISQ is a larger experience than mere finding a match container in an old graveyard-- For example, We just read a new log this morning that stated the finders had replaced a number of worn flags on Veterans' graves... Come Memorial Day the Legion will wonder what's going on! :D

On a different note, the good weather opened up the cabin doors, and really brought out the Geocachers in droves yesterday! Patrick and I went out and stomped thru the woods, allowing thorns to tear our clothes to shreds to find a couple of caches in the woods...I hope we can still do this come summertime at the State Parks, if the DNR Camp Police don't kill them all... The level of new hides is increasing, too. Wish someone would hide something new in our neck of the woods!

Yesterday (a Wednesday) 9 cacher teams logged 24 finds on Indiana Spirit Quest caches!! all over Northern Indiana... :D:D:D

Here is a cache that I did last weekend that actually uses the "Spirit Quest" name:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a3-3d80c3654c67

There are many imitators coming but we all know there is only one SixdogTeam and Patrick ! They put more thought and history into placing the ISQ series and that is what makes them very special, besides its not :

None genuine without SixDogTeam seal.

8d123d7c-ae36-4bd9-9fb1-bd1be4d7abb2.jpg

Thank you LeadDog and Patrick !

Star

new indiana geocacher here! well i dunno if im actually one yet or not. i dont have a GPSr yet, i plan on buying one within the next week but im still looking around. but i have gotten 3 caches so far just by knowing where they were from the description! ive got 4 or 5 more like that, just didnt have the time to get them. hope thats not cheating :unsure: if it is then ill just have to go find them again once i get a GPSr :lol:

anyways im from jeffersonville, IN. right across the ohio river from louisville, ky. found out about geocaching from a general hiking info search a few months back. sounded interesting but too cold to try at the time. its starting to warm up now, and im getting back outdoors. and this just gives me another reason to go out plus gives me a new toy to play with.

TRICKWORM is a new cacher who lives not far from us, and he's done a bunch of ISQ's and I told him he owed me, so hide some, and he hid four and published them yesterday and they were REALLY good, and Buddaman came down here and got FTF on two of them, and that's not fair because those were MY AND PATRICK's caches. Buddaman is no fun (He can't dance) and smells bad! Isn't there some way we can make him stay up there where he belongs and not come down here and STEAL our FTF's? Can't we ban him from the site for a week or something to PUNISH him for so flagrant (and non-fragrant) a violation of Geocaching Etiquette? I told Patrick to bite his ankles the next time we catch him POACHING our caches, but of course he won't do it, because he thinks Buddaman is God's Gift to Jack Russells ever since he left a box of milkbones in a cache for him. Did I say Buddaman stinks? That stoopid little dog has no use for ME, the guy that saved his dog butt TWICE from people who didn't want him and were ready to ship his sorry a** off to the dog gas chamber--sometimes, when he's wet, he smells ALMOST as BAD as Buddaman. Maybe next time he gets hungry I'll tell him to go get some food from his great Buddy, the rancorous Buddaman--see how far that gets him. Anyway, I'm declaring GEO-JIHAD against stinky Buddaman (I've got an Israeli Gas Mask with new filters and fresh batteries in my GPSr)--We'll just see who gets the next FTF around here!! --ANGRY Lead Dog

:D:D:lol:

Just remember Lead Dog I allready have your little dog patricks heart,and the ftf will follow.(just like the two today)You just better watch out you old goat. If you think patrick went nuts over a boxed treat I'll bring down some prime rib for pat and all the dogs at the boneyard and even some fish for the cats and then thay will see who stinks.and patrick if you get tired of that old man treating you like that and talking about you like that, just hide yourself in an ammo box in front of the boneyard and I will be ftf on that one too and take you to the big city of warsaw.

I'll bring down some prime rib for pat and all the dogs at the boneyard

Prime rib sounds good...make it medium rare...you don't have to bring enuff for the Big Dogs tho, they would just swallow it whole, they wouldn't even taste it--they're not gourmets like me. (and forget the cats--they eat raw mice and rabbits) Just bring enuff for me and my girlfriend, Precious, and I'll invite her down for a sleep-over. Just come after nine pm--Lead dog drinks himself into a stupour every nite and he's passed out by then...BUDDY!!

:D:D:lol:

Greeting all!! I am fairly new to gecaching just have been out a few weekends thus far. I was easliy hooled since I am always out hiking and cycling. I am now just getting things set up in my account and am now trying to read all the messages in the forums. Geez I will be here a while reading all this stuff.

Just wanted to say hello since i have been lurking a bit.... And thanks to all from all your posts NOw I must of missed it but whre are those Geocaching Anoymous meeting located again lol...

Seriously though since I havent read through all the posts.. Where is it I can get the information on the Indiana Spirit Quest caches...

Cheers

GuinnessFC

" Rediscovering the worl, one cache at a time!! Brilliant!!! "

First we would like to welcome Stan, Guin and the Troxell's to the obsession , if you are anything like the rest of us you will be hooked for a very long time and have loads of fun !

LeadDog and Buddaman , you need to learn to play nice together !

Patrick I am sure that Precious would love to visit to partake of some prime rib with you !

Star

Seriously though since I havent read through all the posts.. Where is it I can get the information on the Indiana Spirit Quest caches...

Cheers

GuinnessFC

" Rediscovering the worl, one cache at a time!!  Brilliant!!! "

This should get you started.

Wulf

and here is where you will find most of the ISQ Caches ! :

ISQ Series by SixdogTeam

Star

*edited to add more ISQ caches *

Edited by Team Tigger International

Just bring enuff for me and my girlfriend, Precious, and I'll invite her down for a sleep-over.

That sounds so wonderful I would love to come eat prime rib with you Patrick ! And it would be an honor to meet Buddaman as well !

:D:lol: Patrick called me his Girlfriend ! Oh I am so all a twitter ! :D:D

*does Happy Puppy Dance singing *

I am Patricks Girlfriend , I am Patricks Girlfriend !!! :D:D

Well take it from an avid ISQ caching team ... Just when you think you are catching up that LeadDog goes out and buys out walmart of film canisters and starts spreading them all over again , and now he has others that have joined him in his madness ! :D

So just a word to the wise ... do not ever expect to "get them all " it will only last for a moment or two .. just ask BGF or Buddaman about that ! :lol:

Star

Welcome, Troxells and Quinessfc to the Indiana Abject Silliness/Cheers thread! Before we get down to this mornings business, what is that putrid smell? Pee-you! Is Buddaman lurking?

1. Trickworm has a bunch of new caches in the works he says he will publish later this week. :o

2. On our morning "newest in Indiana" cache search the top three newest caches were all graveyard caches from three different cachers--these things must be getting popular, eh? One was a "Cemetery" cache and the other two "Cemetary" caches (Our pet peeve here at the Dog Yard). :o

3. As stated above the best way to find ISQ's is to do a word search using "Indiana Spirit Quest" from the hide and seek a cache page, or Click on "SixDog Team" or "Rupert2" wherever you see it, go to the profile stats and click on caches hidden. :o

4. SPRING IS SPRUNG! It happened yesterday, altho it wan't that noticaable (sic)... :o

5. The odiferous Buddaman has taken the lead again from BlueGillFisherman to lead the way with the most ISQ finds, I can't remember how many, about 85 or so. :rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r:

6. There are 10 more ISQ's in the wings... :lol:

Edited by SixDogTeam

2. On our morning "newest in Indiana" cache search the top three newest caches were all graveyard caches from three different cachers--these things must be getting popular, eh? One was a "Cemetery" cache and the other two "Cemetary" caches (Our pet peeve here at the Dog Yard). :ph34r:

And some say cemetery caches ought to be banned! :rolleyes:

I guess our caching friends to the south haven't been north far enough to have been introduced to the ISQ series.

After an out-of-town trip this coming weekend, I may have to get out and do some more ISQ's myself. :ph34r: Been slowed down a bit as of late. haven't logged a thing.

bgf

2. On our morning "newest in Indiana" cache search the top three newest caches were all graveyard caches from three different cachers--these things must be getting popular, eh? One was a "Cemetery" cache and the other two "Cemetary" caches (Our pet peeve here at the Dog Yard). :ph34r:

And some say cemetery caches ought to be banned! :rolleyes:

I guess our caching friends to the south haven't been north far enough to have been introduced to the ISQ series.

After an out-of-town trip this coming weekend, I may have to get out and do some more ISQ's myself. :ph34r: Been slowed down a bit as of late. haven't logged a thing.

bgf

Take Abigail with you she will help you speed up ! With that nose of hers how can you possibly not find the caches !

Star

Y'all need to get a trained pig.

But then, is there such a thing?

In Europe, pigs are in very high demand for their unique ability to sniff out truffles!

Valued in the thousands of dollars, a good porker can make the owner thousands in a days hunt. :(

Abigail always goes with me on ISQ hunts. Not very good at them though. Not big nuff for dog bones. Now an ammo box, thats different.

She usually goes after something a bit more aromatic. Those are the days she waits outside while I run the bathwater. At least we both have fun in our own ways. :D

bgf

Uh, yeah, just checked my mail, and I had guessed right-Poney Creek--except PC 900 doesn't cross Pony creek, it crosses a ditch... I offered him a thousand bucks to give me a heads up on the next cache but he declined--seems he's got geo-ethics (ee-you!) I wonder how many bridges cross Pony creek--we might have quite a series here-yeah that's the ticket--why stop at Pony creek? Let hide a cache at every bridge and under-road culvert in the county! I'm up for it, since we can't play in the state parks and reservoirs anymore...Got to go feed the big dogs now....later. [8D]

OK, so now I'm being dragged, kicking and screaming, against by will, off the back porch, see the wood splinters under my fingernails? into the twenty first Century.

I am retiring the cheap 35mm SLR that I bought at the China Beach PX thirty-five years ago, and I have replaced it with a cheap digital camera. It will probably pay for itself in film and developing fees in three months!

So I took my first pic and am posting it here to see what this camera can do for posting photos on cache pages. Now I will be able to take 168 photos at every cemetery, heh heh.

First pic is a digital photo of a 35mm photo of who else? Earthdog Patrick. here it is:

82bcfa3e-799f-4e8f-ac95-7a27e0d5396f.jpg;):(:(

Hmmmm... not bad , eh?

;);):D

WOW what a handsome absolutely heart stopping photo of Patrick ... I would like to have a copy for my wall please !

I'll see what I can do about an autographed photo for you Precious--Right now patrick's outside on the front porch watching Hookie follow around our new garage cat-- he showed up a few days ago--he's a big orange thing like Garfield, rolls around on his back wanting his belly rubbed--which Patrick is good at doing to cats...BTW, somebody told me there's a daytime soap on TV with an Orangutan named "Precious" that drives a car! I've got 7 new ISQ's published with no finders on them yet... :tired:

Yikes, that's scary! Actually I lived and worked in Easley, S.C. for a couple of years--Became a big Clemson Fan. I had a garden, and we had 100 degrees for about 40 days straight--the plants would wither under the sun, then recover at night! Please, Please lawmakers, control every facet of my pathetic life! Rule me, make me write bad checks, regulate everything I do, monitor me, make me do right, make me have "fun" spending the baby's milk money on your tax-lotteries; add a few inches to the thickness of the tax code book that even the IRS doesn't understand; extend tax freedom day beyond April, legislate, legislate, legislate! I wonder what's the status of that bill, and what provoked it? Jerks. We may have to go underground... ;):tired:;)

Precious knows about that Orangutan using her name! :tired: She is not very happy about it , but she knows there has to be others out there with the same name as hers. She has even gone so far as to watch that stupid soap opera . Figures she better make sure they aren't damaging the name . Least the Tang is really smart !

We know about the new ISQ caches and can't wait to go out after them .. most esp ISQ #154 as that is only about 13 miles from Star's home and well we know that church .. That is the Church that Awesome Ev attended with her Gramma frequently .

Would have a run at it but today we have to attend the Funeral of my grandmother, she passed away on Tues morning.

Star

Hey, nice picture of an Apollo 16 mug!!!

Yeah, got that one when I was a college boy at USF in Tampa--drove out to the cape the night before (to get a good parking spot), slept in the car, to watch the launch, tens of thousands of people there in their cars, lilke a county fair--Brightest light I ever saw--45 seconds of spectacularness, will never forget it, then a horrific two hour lamans-start traffic jam to get off the cape.,as ten thousand people got in their cars, all ready to leave all at once. What a hoot! :anibad::anibad::anibad: To spot that you must be a collector.(or an astronaut? Ever seen the moon up close and personal?)

That is the Church that Awesome Ev attended with her Gramma frequently .

Would have a run at it but today we have to attend the Funeral of my grandmother, she passed away on Tues morning.

Star

What would the Amish Geocacher be doing hanging out with those pesky English Methodists for?

Star, Our sincerest condolences on the loss of your Grandmother, hang in there. She's in a better place now. Give Precious a hug for us.

Star, Our sincerest condolences on the loss of your Grandmother, hang in there. She's in a better place now. Give Precious a hug for us.

Thank you Very Much . I know she is in a better place , and probably much happier now then she had been this past year.

And Precious , well she is always up for hugs , so is her friend the golden Lab(Min would be her name ) who I might add is very very huggabible !

Star

Good morning fellow Hoosier Geocachers! Just heard on the radio that Wisconsin is considering having a hunting season on CATS! :ph34r: I'm not making this up, heard it on WOWO. Wisconsin grants hunting licenses to 12 year olds, so can you see a bunch of kids with shotguns blasting away at "mittens" and "snoball"??? Patrick is beside himself. He is VERY fond of our cats. I said shotguns, but I don't know what the legal weapons will be...Anyway on to business:

!. Buddaman is still in the lead with 89 ISQ finds.

2. Rupert2 has extended the Quest with 2 more hides, these in Hancock County, wherever that is--Check them out!

3. Star and Wulf of Team Tigger International claimed their first FTF on an ISQ cache, as did John and/or Beth.

4. Thanks to Team Tigger for the great pics they posted with their most recent ISQ log. I wish more people with post photos with their logs...

5. It looks like there is going to be (finally!) good caching weather this weekend. 182 cachers have logged 1,984 finds on ISQ caches. Maybe this weekend we will go over 200 and 2,000? The 2,000th logger will win a HUGE prize, as well as have confetti fall on their heads, and bugels sound-- a fabulous trip to the Greek Islands worth over $6,200.00! (*the winner will have to make their reservations, and pay for the trip in full within thirty days of winning.)

6.Have fun, and look out for each other. Lead Dog out.

B)<_<:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by SixDogTeam