Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

That Mystery Dog sure is a cutie!!!! Snow Update: another couple of hundred yards and our tunnel should break out to the road. It's a good thing, as we're running low on dogbiscuits. Having to use pickaxes, as snow has frozen!! Look for several more up-county ISQ caches coming in the near future... --Lead Djog and Patrick. <_<

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION may be of interest to some of you who have had the occasion to read about a certain ISQ cache, to wit: Private Klingles Tree (GCJP26). After exhaustive research in the Indiana Room at the Huntington Library,:

I found the obituary for Andrew H. Klingle in the Huntington Herald, Wed. 18 Dec. 1861. It reads <p>” Andrew H.Klingle. Died—In this place, December 11th, 1861, Andrew H. Klingle, aged 22 years, 1 month, and 11 days. He enlisted November 1st, as a private in Capt. Shearer’s Company, of Colonel Slack’s regiment. Shortly after going into Camp he was attacked with congestion of the lungs, in which condition he was brought home. While in camp he formed a warm attachment to his comrades, and during his illness often expressed an ardent desire to recover and return to the service of his country.”<p> In the same issue of the newspaper, under the column entitled “Local and Miscellaneous Items”, the following notice appeared: “The 47th Regiment, Col. Slack, left Indianapolis for Kentucky on last Friday evening. The regiment went to Louisville and from thence to Bardstown, a point on an arm of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad.” So, the mystery is solved. There is no obit in any Huntington Newspaper for a brother George, however... :)

Here's an update on ISQ CITO containers found:

ISQ STATS as of 02/05/05

TOP TEN FINDS

1. 84 --Bluegillfisherman

1. 84 --Buddaman

3. 74 --JPlus14/ Team Tigger International/ Awsome Ev

6. 67 --Dragon Ryders Three

7. 63--Itzme

8. 55 --Prairepartners

9. 48 --One Angel & Family

10. 41 -- Pinestrail/ Twonutcaches/ Just Mee/ Hutt/Genius Loci/mattstser

:)B)B)

I wonder just how many ISQ caches can be placed throughout Indiana ?

As many as there are cemeteries that haven't already got a cache in them. There are several active Indiana Cachers who have many many hides in cemeteries, and many many others who have one or just a few hides in cemeteries. The IDNR says there are a hundred thousand burial places in the State, but I think that's overdoing it. Surely, there must be several thousand opportunities, but I can't do it with just two helpers. We need more helpers and mystery mutts!!

c2cba816-c7e5-4f4b-907c-54f3afe2cd01.jpg

Mystery geocaching dawg #3

:D:blink:B)

I usually don't like to get involved in geodog affairs (no pun intended) but isn't shydog an old grey haired GUY? Could someone clarify? I thought Patrick just said he <_< was going barhopping with Shydog... Anyway I do know he likes Precious a LOT, he made me print out a pic of her and paste it over his water dish...

I think it must have been the picture that got Precious all in an uproar . See in the Picture of Shydog he looks blonde and well , ya just can't tell if he is a she or visa versa :D Must be even harder for the geodogs if they can't even give em a sniff !

Ok sorry guess we best leave these things to the dogs . And get back to the subject of Caching in Indiana !

We are just waiting for the doggone weather to coorporate . We do some caching in the winter but not when its just to cold.

Star

I've got some caches to hide, I don't mind the cold, but I don't like the wind when it's cold, If it calms down we can go out and hide a coupla dozen or so,maybe tomorrow, plus Patrick's hair is not much protection, he's a weenie in the cold. The huskies love it tho, Their double coats are good insulation-- they don't even sleep in their dog boxes. They curl up and sleep in the snow. In the morning you can see these little round circles of bare ground, where their body heat has melted thru the snow and ice. They're such idiots, they make Patrick look like a genius! I'm negotiating with sombody new to join the Ancient and Honorable Order of the Seekers of the Spirit Quest (IAHOOTSOTSQ) to start hiding some caches in Pioneer cemeteries west of Indianapolis...hope it works out..

Two items of business this crispy february morn: Shy Dog has submitted her first ISQ cache data, Yea!!! and Kodiak Kid's Sunny has his own geodogcaching account!( Sunny Dog) Visit his profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=26...9f-8eabc82898bb :angry:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=2647c061-329c-4d87-a39f-8eabc82898bb ://http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?...eabc82898bb

Edited by SixDogTeam

Congratulations Indy Diver ! What a Milestone that is indeed !

Note to Torry: This is not just for us folks in the north either , if you southern Cachers have things to say in here feel free ! We created this place for all Indiana Cachers to chat it up ! And what Sixdogteam Said , feel free to come find our northren caches anytime !

Star

I know ... the southern contingent seems to be a tad , um. forumphobic.

I've been trying to get Indy back up north. Huntington is as far as he usually goes although we have been to Fort Wayne.

This weekend is spoken for but you never know about the next ...

I know ... the southern contingent seems to be a tad , um. forumphobic.

I've been trying to get Indy back up north. Huntington is as far as he usually goes although we have been to Fort Wayne.

This weekend is spoken for but you never know about the next ...

Great , this weekend we will be in Canada . Next weekend who knows ! We do need to catch up on some ISQ caches ! :laughing: Then sometime in May we will be making a grand attempt on Bill and Garys Awsome Adventure ( I beleive this one will be number 4) , in the Detroit area . In July we are sure going to attempt to make the big Tri State Bash (cannot remember the official name as of typing this but it is also being discussed on this midwest forum ) as well. But that is as far as our plans have developed for the spring/summer thus far .

Star

The SixDogTeam, Kodiak Kid, THE SHADOW, and Team Shydog would like to welcome RUPERT2 into the ranks of the Grand Exaulted Hiders of the Spirit Quest!! Rupert2 has hidden his first Indiana Spirit Quest geocache, and it is in the Central part of the state. Revolutionary War veterans... ISQ# 110: Shifting Ground (GCMTH9)--and you can visit it here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f6-665973e7653c

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f6-665973e7653c

Pretty soon, the planet will be heating up, and we still need more volunteers if we are to document all 100,000 burial grounds in the state by the end of the year...

:huh::o:o

all you need is a dog and a GPSr... and not be afraid of GHOSTS!!!

Edited by SixDogTeam

Hey there SixDog. I just placed two more ISQs this morning down in Morgan County myself.

So do you really shoot that much film or what? Honestly, how do you keep yourself in cache containers? I dont know anyplace were you can buy a gross of 35mm film canisters.

Edited by Rupert2