Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

send a great big kiss to Patrick , I think she is becoming enamored with him :rolleyes: .

Hi everyone.....

Hi Patrick :unsure:

Ev is sittin here makin me say things since this will be my first post in the forums. She knew I was scared so she is sitting here with me so that I can get this typed right. My paws keep hitting the wrong keys.

So I'm here just to say Hi..

Edited by ~Mystery Dog~
Man, you guys are really doggin' this topic. Aren't you?

We may be Doggin' but you're Hoggin'!!!! Mmmmm...don't you just love the smell of bacon cooking over a hickory campfire? :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Mystery Dog on getting her own account

Ghost Recon Update: TwonutCaches went nutty this weekend and found an astounding TWENTY-SEVEN Indian Spirit Quest caches!!!!

THE SHADOW has submitted several new northern Indiana ISQ caches, so as soon as we can we will get them listed on the site :unsure:

Gemini (May 21-June 21). Look over there in the bushes! That’s your estranged spouse shooting a video of you wandering in circles and overturning rocks as you attempt to FTF the cache placed for that very purpose. - The Stars Suggest A Rocky Month Your January Horoscope- By Chris Caserta, aka Criminal- Todays Cacher.

LOL. That sure fits me to a T. That would be something that my estranged hubby would do..

Happy New Year everyone.

I am following up on the Harter's Grove (N. Manchester) suggestion that Pipanella had a few weeks back. I got together with Pinestrail over the holidays and told him what was suggested. He was all for someone else putting a cache in the area if they wanted to. He has just been to busy with a new job and a very long drive when he makes it back down to N. Manchester. If you want to get any more info about placing a cache in the woods there, feel free to e-mail him through his Geocaching account. Hope to see one placed there so we can log it the next time we meet up with Ol' Piney.

Chris--Team Shydog

So I see we have a couple of new ISQ caches out ... *wonders if we win anything if we figure out who the shadow is  :blink: *

Doesn't matter. the SHADOW is INVISIBLE!!! The only way to catch him is throw a sack over him, but where do you throw it?? :)

Well if the Shadow is whom we think it is , he is truely sneaky and devious....should get along well with you LeadDog :) .

Precious says to tell Patrick Hi ! :D

Star

Edited by Team Tigger International

As you people may know, the Indiana Spirit Quest series of caches, that take you to Hoosier Pioneer cemeteries in Northeastern Indiana, are now being hidden by three separate teams of cachers, each comprised of A MAN AND HIS DOG: Sixdogteam, Kodiak Kid, and The Shadow. We have now hidden over 100 caches. Our goal is to have a cacher team ( Can be a lady and her cat for all we care) in every county and have a cache in all 100,000 cemeteries and burial grounds that the IDNR says exist .

There are several new ones in DeKalb County, just listed, but sorry, already first-found.

May I blow our collective horns? This is what it is all about:

"I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know how much I enjoy your ISQ

caches. Even though I have only hunted one, I love to sit and read the hisory

of the cemetery. Also I want to give you a pat on the back for the hard work

that you guys put into the details of your cache history. I have noticed that

alot of people just throw a cache out somewhere just because it is a good hide.

You actually give some history for your hides. Thanks! Cache On!!"

We have just come back from Wal*Mart with a big garbage bag of 35mm film canisters, just waiting for better weather!! Cache on, folks!

:rolleyes:

"I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know how much I enjoy your ISQ

caches. Even though I have only hunted one, I love to sit and read the hisory

of the cemetery. Also I want to give you a pat on the back for the hard work

that you guys put into the details of your cache history. I have noticed that

alot of people just throw a cache out somewhere just because it is a good hide.

You actually give some history for your hides. Thanks! Cache On!!"

We have just come back from Wal*Mart with a big garbage bag of 35mm film canisters, just waiting for better weather!! Cache on, folks!

:rolleyes:

Apparently he is not familiar with our throw-the-film-can-from-the-car technique...

(I heart Precious.) ;)

I would be more than happy to be part of the ISQ posse. I just need to know how to get all the in depth information about the cemetaries in my local area. I could find a few in the White and Cass county area. Any info would be apprecaited. Thanks , Chris-Team Shydog.

By the way, I do fit the man and dog catagory. I don't think my cat would be able to stay awake long enough to be of any help!!

Hey LEAD DOG were is Isq 100 at??

ISQ No. 100 is in process. It is being handled by the Ancient & Mystic Knights of the Spirit Quest, a super secret cacher fraternal society-- you know those people who dress up in robes and have funny hats and secret handshakes and oaths and meet in dinghy libraries in old castles late at night and play with fire and drink a lot. Maybe you know the type. Maybe you don't. But you can't hurry them along. Disreputable people owe them favors if you know what I mean.

On a related matter, TEam Shydog, I have e-mailed you. :rolleyes:

Rupert2 Welcome to the Indiana geocaching community. Now that you have at least one Indiana Spirit Quest under your belt , we all know from experience that you cant stop at just one :unsure: , good luck ! We are trying to make it one of our missions to find them all ( one day not sure that is possible the way SixDogTeam puts them out and now they have accomplices!) <_<

Star of Team Tigger

Yeah,

I logged two of your Spirit Quest and one of the Riverview Treks on my way to a business meeting in North Webster. Nice quick stops and I did not even get my dress pants messy. I really appreciated the stairway over the fence.

Unfortunately Katie did not get to go along with for those...that pesky school thing. Thanks to Katie I probably owe SepticTank about a pound of Chocolate after Tuesday night. He should have called it "Free Chocolate".

Hi All!!

Just wanted to say HI... and, yes, I'm a nooB.

I got my much awaited eTrex Legend for Christmas, but with the snow, flooding...oh, and that job thing I have, I haven't had a chance to go OUT yet!!

I live on the north side of Indy. A friend, and an InTake article gave me the GC heads up last summer (went out a few times, made our finds, but didn't do anything too serious), and it's been doing a slow burn in my mind since then. I figure it will get my body moving and keep my brain sharp...or at least occupied!... at the same time... so, I'm itching to go searching... as soon as Mother Nature cooperates!

I read about the get-together Tuesday, but I had plans, and figured I should actually DO something before meeting others! Hope to meet you all soon... at an arranged get together, or out tracking at cache!! Is there some secret handshake I need to learn?!?!? :rolleyes:

THANKS for all the info I've already read from the forums!!!

Edit: spelling!

Edited by 5Sent
Hi All!!

Just wanted to say HI... and, yes, I'm a nooB.

I got my much awaited eTrex Legend for Christmas, but with the snow, flooding...oh, and that job thing I have, I haven't had a chance to go OUT yet!!

I live on the north side of Indy. A friend, and an InTake article gave me the GC heads up last summer (went out a few times, made our finds, but didn't do anything too serious), and it's been doing a slow burn in my mind since then. I figure it will get my body moving and keep my brain sharp...or at least occupied!... at the same time... so, I'm itching to go searching... as soon as Mother Nature cooperates!

I read about the get-together Tuesday, but I had plans, and figured I should actually DO something before meeting others! Hope to meet you all soon... at an arranged get together, or out tracking at cache!! Is there some secret handshake I need to learn?!?!? :huh:

THANKS for all the info I've already read from the forums!!!

Edit: spelling!

Hiya 5sent! I'm out here on the east side of Indy. There'll be other gatherings. Hope to see you at one.

Is there some secret handshake I need to learn?!?!? B)

THANKS

Yes, If you meet someone in the woods who you think is a geocacher, make your right index finger and thumb look like a pistol, then rest your chin on the index finger, sort of like you

are trying to think of something or rubbing your chin--this is no joke. :D

Is there some secret handshake I need to learn?!?!?  ;) 

THANKS

Yes, If you meet someone in the woods who you think is a geocacher, make your right index finger and thumb look like a pistol, then rest your chin on the index finger, sort of like you

are trying to think of something or rubbing your chin--this is no joke. :ph34r:

According to Briansnat

"This started in NJ, but has taken the nation by storm. I've encountered cachers throughtout the US doing it. It goes like this:

When meeting somone you think might be a geocacher you yell "Ho, are ye a geocacher?" and the correct response is "Yay I a geocacher am I".

Upon the confirmation, the two then approach each other, put their left hand on the other person's right shoulder, standing arm's length and dance around in a circle while skipping and singing (very loudly) "Geocachers are we! Runy muny mee! Yaba daba baba. He, he, he!". This should continue for no less than 3 minutes. "

Wulf

Thought I would stop by and see if Patrick has been about . :blink: *sigh* I see he has not .

Patrick , just to let you know , I have not been able to be out caching as the weather has been horrible , plus I have been grounded *grumbles* for stuff that tiny little terror they call a kitten's stuff! Something about it being my kitten . How Rude !

So did anyone other then us try to go out in the 6 inches of new snow to not find any caches ? ... Just hoping we werent the only loosers out ! :rolleyes:

Star

GirlGeek and I almost struck out on the 8th in the heavy snow at Angola and Pokagon. Anyone following us would have had it easy, since we plowed through in snowshoes. We found 3 of 6 attempted, though. Only one was one I hadn't found before, though.

SDT

I just seen on the news that the old Girl Scout in Huntington county........ That makes me very extreamly happy since I was a Girl Scout for 50 billion years.. :huh: I was discussing this a while back ago with ma that I hope that it get's 'revived' so that maybe more caches could go in there. Maybe even expand the existing ones there or around there at least. ;)

I haven't found an article on it but... I didn't know if anyone else had heard it.

SDT

I just seen on the news that the old Girl Scout in Huntington county........ That makes me very extreamly happy since I was a Girl Scout for 50 billion years.. :smile: I was discussing this a while back ago with ma that I hope that it get's 'revived' so that maybe more caches could go in there. Maybe even expand the existing ones there or around there at least. B)

I haven't found an article on it but... I didn't know if anyone else had heard it.

B) I didn't quite get that.

SDT

I just seen on the news that the old Girl Scout in Huntington county........ That makes me very extreamly happy since I was a Girl Scout for 50 billion years.. :smile: I was discussing this a while back ago with ma that I hope that it get's 'revived' so that maybe more caches could go in there. Maybe even expand the existing ones there or around there at least. B)

link

Public can enjoy former Scout camp

Recently, Camp Kokiwanee in Lagro was purchased by ACRES Land Trust. The goal of a lawsuit filed in 2001 was to preserve the 144 acres. We wanted ownership to remain with the Girl Scouts, honoring the gift given by the Kokomo Kiwanis in 1945, and Kokiwanee to be secured in a land trust for generations of youth and adults to enjoy.

We see the sale of Kokiwanee to ACRES Land Trust as a victory. Sheila Butcher of Wabash should be credited with preserving the land. She has headed the legal effort to preserve Kokiwanee for almost three years, and initially brought Kokiwanee to the attention of ACRES Land Trust. Blocking the sale allowed ACRES the time to raise initial funding.

Join us in supporting ACRES Land Trust in raising necessary funding to eliminate any indebtedness, to restore the land to its original beauty and to preserve what is irreplaceable for all generations to come - acres of exquisite property.

Many beautiful Girl Scout camps across the nation are now housing developments, shopping centers and parking lots. Because of the combined efforts of many, our three-year endeavor has proved successful. The public is now free to enjoy the beauty, wildlife and a diversity of nature on Kokiwanee.

SHELLEY JONES

Tribal Trials Council

Bringhurst

Thank you Buddaman for the link. I couldn't seem to find it. :laughing: lol

any ways

Does anyone wanna know why I am here today. Prolly not but oh well :anibad:

My reason today is because tomorrow is a very extreamly special day tomorrow....

It is Star's Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought that it would be great fun to say HAPPYBIRTHDAYto ma.

I Love You Ma !!!!!!! B) Happy Birthday.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyBirthdayStar! We arealive and well, just a little worsefor wear. Patrickcan'tjointhe Dog Scouts asit costs toomuchmoney. He is startinghis own outfit.Heisgoing to callit "Desperate Housedogs". He wants Precious and Abigail and all the Indy dogsto join, but you'll have to ask him aboutit. :D Gottogo. Cache on, folks