Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Thanks guys. There have been no problems so far. I just got used to checking on them about every other week or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

(My company turned in an accident report to their insurance for a parking lot incident with a pole. Small contact but big damage to a flimsy fiberglass fender. Went on my record as my second accident in 1 year and got me parked for 90 days.)

Well Torry if you do need any caches maintained we would be happy to help you out .

Just let us know which ones !

Sorry to hear that Lead Dog there are loads of great caches around , but you may have to do a little traveling to get to them . Have you ever been up to Potato Creek State Park its just south of South Bend , or Chain O' Lakes State Park in Albion Indiana , how bout Pokagan in Fremont Indiana ? The caches that are in Pokagan would take ya about a day to get them all , and loads of nice hiking , plus there are other caches just outside the park you may enjoy . Then there are Bluegillfishermans caches that are in a Forrest Preserve in Lagrange/Stuben County, I highly reccomend them as they are great fun . None of these are urban . However it would be a slight bit of a drive for you .

Star of Team Tigger International

My name is Lead Dog and It has been four hours since I hid my last cache and 2 days since I found my last cache (Star & Wulf &Ev's). Oops! Am I in the wrong forum? I know there are some strict rules about what you can talk about in the Indiana threads... We've camped at Potato and Chain O --But I want caches hidden around here, that I can just dash out and git. Like maaybe under the Weeping Willow in front of the house? Like I can just walk out in my bathrobe, graab the paper and log it on the way back in, in the morning! HEHEHEHEHEH!(Lazy cacher)

I want caches hidden around here, that I can just dash out and git. Like maaybe under the Weeping Willow in front of the house? Like I can just walk out in my bathrobe, graab the paper and log it on the way back in, in the morning! HEHEHEHEHEH!(Lazy cacher)

That's sounds like avirtual waiting to happen<g>

"Log a Leaddog

To claim a find on this cache, mail us a photo of you and Leaddog (in his bathrobe) holding your GPSr."

Wulf

My name is Lead Dog and It has been four hours since I hid my last cache and 2 days since I found my last cache (Star & Wulf &Ev's). Oops! Am I in the wrong forum? I know there are some strict rules about what you can talk about in the Indiana threads... We've camped at Potato and Chain O --But I want caches hidden around here, that I can just dash out and git. Like maaybe under the Weeping Willow in front of the house? Like I can just walk out in my bathrobe, graab the paper and log it on the way back in, in the morning! HEHEHEHEHEH!(Lazy cacher)

No special rules here LeadDog , this Indiana Cachers forum is for everyone to talk about anything they would like !

You know what we're doing here is just plain WRONG according to the uptites in the other thread.

If you are referring to my posts, I never said that. I simply said that chatter is ok but that the other thread was meant for geocaching conversations and the chatter was interfering with that. "Abject silliness" and "off-topic" conversations have their place and this topic ("Indiana cachers hello!") can be it. I, and others, can choose not to read it because I/we know from the get-go that there will be very little of interest (to myself, at least) in it.

What the offical moderators think about this topic is not for me to say. There is a reason why the off-topic forum was created and I suspect -- but do not know -- that they would prefer for off-topic threads to be started there. But perhaps they do not mind. I certainly do not mind because it is obvious what this topic will be about.

We started this thread so as not offend anyone in that other thread any futher . As the OP I feel that we have the right , to come here and chat about geocaching or whatever else that may come up.

If people would have paid attention ( well the person that was offended anyway) most of the post were in fact geocaching related .

This Thread is for all Indiana Geocachers , new , old or even cachers that are from other parts that wish to come to Indiana to cache. It was not started in an effort to start bashing or to offend anyone .

It was started so we could take our Topics that were as pointed out "off the thread topic"

To a Topic of its own . ( as per requested by the other Threads OP ) and out of respect for that persons wishes.

Note to RPW : This is NOT an offtopic thread , it is about Caching in Indiana , and anyone whom wants to talk here is welcome .

One malcontent shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

Oooooh, good ideas for a caching trip! If I ever can convince someone here to go with me. :(

Jenna just told me last night that her boyfriend had heard about geocaching and he thinks it sounds like fun. I told her that's it. Joe and I are going caching!! Jenna hates doing it. :(

Well Pip ! Get your daughters boyfriend interested then maybe just maybe he can help get your daughter involved as well .

Good Luck ! and if you are ever in the Northwest Indiana Area give us a shout ( well e-mail or a post here at least ) If it is on a Saturday , we might be able to join you !

Star of Team Tigger International

Well Technically Ev I think we are more in North Central Indiana , ya know !

Shipshewanna area ! ... We live in a really small Amish filled community called Topeka.. no we are not in Kansas people !

Ok Team Shydog , we wont say that to loud about Patrick, I to have 2 dogs here at home and they both also think they are number one , and they are but they aren't Indiana's number one caching dogs though !

The fighting Dinardo's play Purdue in the Geocacher's bowl today, and the Gators play the girls from FSU up in Tallahassee, so Patrick's resting up for a long day of TV football , touchdown dancing and Popcorn eating. No geocaching today. I found magnetic hide a key containers at Wal-Mart Jr. (Dollar General) for fifty cents apiece for our new cache series: "Indiana Guard-Rail Quest-"- It's a theme close to my heart because for a very short period of time, I worked with a new-highway construction crew in Norfolk, Va. in the early seventies (last century)-- WE had a pile driver truck that pounded the I-posts into the ground, then we attached the guardrails themselves with power nut drivers operated by a portable generator...

I just visited Indianageocaching.com, and they have my old email address which is not active anymore. In order to change your email address, they send you an email to your old address to confirm it is you. That won't get to me. Their contact me link won't work as it is attached to an old ISP provider . So Can someone contact them and ask them to change my email to postman357@hotmail.com? I refuse to start a new account with them under a new name. Thanks.

Well LeadDog I am not sure if it will help or not but we sent them an e-mail with the request to change your account e-mail address . Hope it will help you

Oh and we can hardly wait for your new series of caches to start ... or maybe we can as we are still working on all of your other caches !

Please tell Patrick that Precious says hi , and no she is not seeing anyone currently. She is busy raising her adopted kitten for now .

Star

Hey, Patrick.....would it be impolite to ask if you've been out to your Big Rock cache lately? We and a couple of other doofusses couldn't find it and we have this burning desire to know if it's really still there.

Thank you,

Carly the black lab and Rusty the golden retriever

You are right. I shouldn't allow my chain to be yanked. Think twice, post once is always a good policy. Sorry for causing waves.

Unfortunately it has been a dry caching several weeks for me due to many other interfering activies and the early sunset which is ruining after-work caching. About a month ago I started on the "Greater Lafayette Geocache" (GLG) -- a multi with somewhere between 15 and 20 steps. Some people have managed to complete it but it is turning into a fiendish adventure. Some very creative hiding places and techniques combined with travel all around Tippecanoe county. People are reporting 10-12 hour completion times with 70-80 miles of driving and a fair number of hiking miles. So it is going to be hard for non-NW Indiana cachers to join in on the fun but if any of you have a spare weekend the GLG would be something to enjoy. I hope to complete more of it this T-day weekend -- got to do something to combat the turkey/gravy/potatoes calories. :P

Edited by RPW

TTI: Good point. The Greater Lafayette Geocaching is waypoint GCKWBQ. The four groups who have managed to complete this monster since it was posted about a month ago (10/19/04) have been uniformly enthusastic about it. I am only up to step 8 with many more to go. I find myself thinking about it at work and describing it to non-geocachers. I may have even found a convert who will be able to go with me this weekend. Yea! Now if the weather will only cooperate.