Waas Signal Question : Mo And Ok

OkieRambler

I know that it is hard to tell 'exactly' where one might be able to receive the WAAS signal, but I would like to know if anyone in Oklahoma or Missouri is able to receive these signals, as indicated by your GPS (which model?).

If you could, let me know which part of the state you were in, and how well it worked under varying cover? I've been out of the GPS world for some time, and just got restarted last month.

I am doing most of my hiking, and plan to be most geo-active, in Oklahoma and Missouri.

Thanks!

I live in Southwestern Missouri and have been able to get WAAS signals using both my Garmin eTrex Legend and Garmin GPSmap 60C. I don't really pay attention too much as to when I'm getting the WAAS signals (I'm more focused on finding the cache!). However, my 60C gets better signals under tree cover than the Legend.

I haven't been caching in Oklahoma yet but plan to soon.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I have a Magellan Sportrak and the wife has Sportrak Pro. We hardly ever have a problem getting WAAS here in OKC. Getting the WAAS and accuracy will be harder when in the trees and hills which you are more likely to run across in the the Tri-state area. That will probably hold true for any GPS.

I'm not sure where you are located but you might want to go to one of the monthly meetings in the area. I've met with some of the people that are regulars at these meetings and I'm sure they will give you some great advice on lots of different subjects.

Here is the Tri-state geocachers monthly meeting GCK00X and the Tulsa Area Geocachers (TAG) monthly meeting GC399F. The Wife and I will be attending TAG's January meeting, maybe we will see you there.