Your Caching Mate.

El Diablo

My caching partner is my girl friend of 53 years and my bride of 47. We started on fathers day in '03 and have been having a blast ever since. A mystery ailment has slowed her down so unless we are doing a virt or a 1/1 she pretty much stays in the car and reads her book which, although she is a good sport and we keep in touch by radio, is pretty boring. I have soloed the gonzo hiking trips in the area but we are now to the point that we have cleared out all those with in 30 miles or so. While recovery has been slow, we see progress. Where 200 feet was a challenge, now a quarter mile while slow, is doable. My terminological skills are not sufficient for me to post a picture but that's just as well. You would see a fat, grey headed, old broad while I still see the cute blond in poodle skirt and bobby sox that I put the moves on at the dime dances in the 50's.

1888291_1000.jpg

You would see a fat, grey headed, old broad while I still see the cute blond in poodle skirt and bobby sox that I put the moves on at the dime dances in the 50's.

Awwww, that has to be one of the most romantic lines I have ever seen!

Most of you know that CR is my caching partner. We have been married for over 10 years.

He really is a lot easier to get along with in person than his forum posts would have you believe...

My caching partner is my girl friend of 53 years and my bride of 47. We started on fathers day in '03 and have been having a blast ever since. A mystery ailment has slowed her down so unless we are doing a virt or a 1/1 she pretty much stays in the car and reads her book which, although she is a good sport and we keep in touch by radio, is pretty boring. I have soloed the gonzo hiking trips in the area but we are now to the point that we have cleared out all those with in 30 miles or so. While recovery has been slow, we see progress. Where 200 feet was a challenge, now a quarter mile while slow, is doable. My terminological skills are not sufficient for me to post a picture but that's just as well. You would see a fat, grey headed, old broad while I still see the cute blond in poodle skirt and bobby sox that I put the moves on at the dime dances in the 50's.

I can see why she stayed with you all those years ... that is perhaps the most moving, romantic and touching piece of prose I've read on this website. Thanks for sharing.

My Caching Partner and mate is Wulf , he got me into this game and now I can't stop!

We have been dating for 6 years and are engaged .

We also cache with our "adopted" daughter Awsome Ev , she is a little nutty but ya gotta love her !

b7f8b1f8-d3c7-4800-90bc-ca161a48745c.jpg

Us , when we took a ride in a Model T !

dad529a4-f6a6-40a5-bd8c-3ab5e8363c70.jpg

Awsome Ev !

Edited by Team Tigger International

I can see why she stayed with you all those years ... that is perhaps the most moving, romantic and touching piece of prose I've read on this website. Thanks for sharing.

I agree. When I read that I was moved. I also pictured that cute blonde in a poodle skirt. You are a very insightful man...and she is a very lucky woman to have such a mate.

I can smell a good article for Today's Cacher.

El Diablo

Sissy's picture above doesn't do her justice. She doesn't like her picture taken--she always gives me "The Look."

This probably catches her caching personality a little better:

02461595-0d64-4004-b9cf-05989e2fe730.jpg

"Sissy" in name only. I guess now you know why it's such a challenge to keep up with her and why some people have a bit of a problem doing a couple of her caches!

She's the one that got me into these outdoor games, mainly out of concern for my health and to get me off the computer. We've seen a lot of neat things and great places together. She a wonderful companion, I couldn't ask for anything more. At the risk of sounding sappy, I don't know what I would do without her.

I agree. When I read that I was moved. I also pictured that cute blonde in a poodle skirt. You are a very insightful man...and she is a very lucky woman to have such a mate.

I can smell a good article for Today's Cacher.

El Diablo

Now THAT is a nice sentiment. Reminds me of something my dad would say.

Yep, that would make a great article!!

When we started out, I humored "her" by saying she was part of the Brigade. On our first few outings, the idea was to go for one of our weekend hikes, and if we happened to pass closed to a cache, I could spend a few minutes looking for it. By the third or fourth time, she took great pleasure in finding the hide while I was still trying to close in on the location by walking in circles with the GPSr. Then, I showed her the Case of the Dancing Men, a puzzle cache, and she whipped out her No. 2 pencil and solved it. On a walk two weeks ago, she complained that I was hogging the GPSr. So now, after about four months of semi-active geocaching, we have come full circle and it is she who is humoring me by letting me be part of the Brigade.

When we started out, I humored "her" by saying she was part of the Brigade. On our first few outings, the idea was to go for one of our weekend hikes, and if we happened to pass closed to a cache, I could spend a  few minutes looking for it. By the third or fourth time, she took great pleasure in finding the hide while I was still trying to close in on the location by walking in circles with the GPSr. Then, I showed her the Case of the Dancing Men, a puzzle cache, and she whipped out her No. 2 pencil and solved it.  On a walk two weeks ago, she complained that I was hogging the GPSr. So now, after about four months of semi-active geocaching, we have come full circle and it is she who is humoring me by letting me be part of the Brigade.

LOL !!! That is funny ... <_<

I had done most of my caches while at work because I figured there was no way I could talk my wife into heading out into the woods. This would be where her worst nightmare would be hanging around...spiders. After a few months of solo caching we now cache as a family. She even slogged into a swamp with me and we both came out covered in mud but laughing the whole time. Who knew? Our 7 yr old is not wild about having to play parent sometimes. Recently on a rainy, windy day he turns around to us and says 'We should head back to the car....what's wrong with you people!"

When we started out, I humored "her" by saying she was part of the Brigade. On our first few outings, the idea was to go for one of our weekend hikes, and if we happened to pass closed to a cache, I could spend a few minutes looking for it. By the third or fourth time, she took great pleasure in finding the hide while I was still trying to close in on the location by walking in circles with the GPSr. Then, I showed her the Case of the Dancing Men, a puzzle cache, and she whipped out her No. 2 pencil and solved it. On a walk two weeks ago, she complained that I was hogging the GPSr. So now, after about four months of semi-active geocaching, we have come full circle and it is she who is humoring me by letting me be part of the Brigade.

Heh, what a great story OBB! Maybe Santa should bring her a GPS for Christmas. Then you'd each have your own.

Team Big W, you're story made me snicker as well. Thanks for sharing.

MRS.HYDE is my caching partner. married for 3 years and love to cache together. we go at night on 90 % of our quests, and we do alot of yelling at each other on the trails, (oooww thorns)(,step on that for me),(my batteries dying give me your flashlight),( no it wouldnt be there)(,what do you meen you didnt waypoint the car?),(sorry,didnt mean to smack you with that branch).(slow down) but we love it. so if your caching in ny at night and hear loud voices, say hello cause you'll know who it is

seeker12 & mrs.hyde

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...2d-9b3e6e809bc0

If you go to this page you can see a picture of my caching and life partner, IronMan114. I know I know, it's not that great of a picture but you can enlarge it. :(

We always have fun caching together. I've made Ironman laugh a few times when the cache was "right under my nose," literally.

I hope he doesn't mine me posting his picture. :(

(Edit) for Spelling

Edited by IronMaiden

It's the horns, man, the horns. :P :P I remember you once saying in another thread that you'd like to meet me (likewise, BTW :P). Does this mean it's not really me you were talking about? :laughing::D

Even as interesting as you seem, I think I'd rather meet your sister-in-law! :D

Now that's a caching partner!

I used to cache with my Siberian Husky, Keetah, but we lost her this past summer.

I usually cache with da guys (Quest Master, Accident Prone Hiker, Salvelinus & DeskJocky), if I'm lucky Wormcatcher & Jarsalie, MissJenn, Taranwanderer RGBisme & True Indigo come along at times.

BUt new this year, is my ALaskan Malamute geopup, Timber. SHe's way small in this pic, but she's growing fast, and loves the water, and will be joining me caching this year!

34ac720a-9797-42af-abfd-9bc01909c74d.jpg

:laughing: