Your Caching Mate.

El Diablo

It's time to acknowledge your caching mate and tell why. My mate, the Princess of Darkness has been through a lot with me. She patiently allows me to get lost without laughing out loud (I know she snickers under her breath though.). She's ready to drop every thing and go caching when ever I want. Sometimes she even lets me be the FTF! :lol:

62206_300.jpg

El Diablo

Dean lets me drag him all over Montana, Idaho and Washington. He often would prefer to stay home where it is warm and dry playing Playstation games or watching movies. But he joins me and that means more to me than he will ever know. Too bad he doesn't read the forums.

And he only rolls his eyes a little when I ask him to get my pocket queries and spin/pluck them and put them on my GPSr and PDA.

And sometimes I am the FTF, but usually he gets it. And sometimes he will even go caching with other friends when I am out of town. Which means he really does like caching and that makes me feel better about being obsessed with it.

-Jennifer

It's always been a guess as to whom is draggin whom out the door for any of our adventures. There have been times when I felt like maybe just staying home, but before I could say anything Anne would have the car half loaded. I know it's happened the other way around too. Anne is my best friend and my hiking, backpacking, traveling, X-C skiing, carving, and geocaching partner. Sometimes I feel like the luckiest man in the world to have found this lovely lady.

Byron

:lol:

My caching mate Joani:

650131_200.JPG

Caching has taken me to a lot of really great places, made that much better because I had someone to share it with. I'm fortunate to have a mate that likes geocaching as much as I do.

Note the printouts. This photo was taken pre-paperless. :lol:

--Marky

I just can't seem to get my wife excited about caching, although my daughter goes along for the ride on occasion. My brother and dad are always a sure bet, when I'm visiting them or them me. Mostly, I cache solo. It's actually quite nice sometimes. The solitude can be a nice break.

Lately, I've met some new friends at IGO cache events and have gone on a few hunts with some of them.

Thats my Caching Mate for now, the great cachers in my community.

I just can't seem to get my wife excited about caching, although my daughter goes along for the ride on occasion.

My wife bit the bullet and came out on my first cache - Just because she tries to do a decent walk each day, and my first involved a couple of Km walk. Now I can't get the blasted GPS off her when we go out! (Which has only been once or twice since then, since we need to borrow a GPS for now) She's hooked. We pull up, and she's outta the car, checking GPS, and wanting to head off and find the cache, leaving me to deal with two kids n pusher! :huh:

Still, at least we've found something we can do as a family. :huh:

1/2 of the D Team. Teaching 'em young :lol:

aimeegps-sml.jpg

Mine was a relationship that developed because of geocaching. We became friends while spending many cache hunts talking and goofing off. A few weekend trips with others and full days alone caching here and there passed before we realized that there was something more between us than just friendship. Apparently we were the last to figure this out! LOL.

FallenFaery and I have visited close to 500 caches together. She makes it fun and there are some that I would have no chance to find without her. She's my favorite cacher, my best friend and I love her to death. What more could a guy ask for??

Thanks Amy! You're the best!

Iowa9.jpg

spedfaerysmall.jpg

Edited by Special Ed

My wife has little, if any interest in caching. She came out on a couple of our first finds, but that was it. The kiddos sometimes come along, but my most reliable cache partner is Taz. He's always up for a hunt, even when we are going out at midnight. He can bushwhack circles around any cacher I've ever met and his intimidating form keeps any unwanted encounters to a minimum.

849f8cd4-4f6e-4891-aa62-75bcd2f82f11.jpg

My wife doesn't come hunting with me on every trip, but she enjoys good, scenic hikes, so it's not hard to persuade her to come with me. And of course, on our vacation trips she doesn't necessarily have a choice. :lol: Once she's with me, she's usually the one who actually finds the cache...:huh:

At Krimml Falls in Austria, July 2004.

cded97f1-4af6-4a94-8b79-26be8f653b4d.jpg

Attending an event in Linz, Austria, July 2004.

DSCN0727.JPG

She and her sister getting familiar with a Travel Bug

5447d0b1-84fa-4692-9f31-20f9c0cd8ef2.jpg

Edited by Divine

I do not have a caching partner. :lol: I do have a wife. :huh: Currently, the two are mutually exclusive ... :huh: That's really okay, because with three kids and a dog, we are together a lot and caching gives me a chance to get away for some quiet time, unless of course I take one or more of the kids.

PS - Divine, your better half is waaay better than the other half, kinda like the beauty and the beast ... how did you pull it off (must of cost you plenty). hehehe.

Divine, your better half is waaay better than the other half, kinda like the beauty and the beast ... how did you pull it off (must of cost you plenty). hehehe.

It's the horns, man, the horns. :lol::huh: I remember you once saying in another thread that you'd like to meet me (likewise, BTW :P). Does this mean it's not really me you were talking about? :huh::D

Ive bragged on her many times and here i go again. My wife was raised in the country with Mom, Dad, and two sisters. Needless to say, she loves the outdoors. Heck, she shoots a gun better than me and usually out fishes me. Caching is one of her favorite things to do as well and, come to think of it, she usually outcaches me too! :huh:

kirby%20state%20forest%20lori%20with%20bonus%20cache%20ss.jpg

My wife doesn't come hunting with me on every trip, but she enjoys good, scenic hikes, so it's not hard to persuade her to come with me. And of course, on our vacation trips she doesn't necessarily have a choice. :lol: Once she's with me, she's usually the one who actually finds the cache...:huh:

At Krimml Falls in Austria, July 2004.

Divine, that is one GORGEOUS falls view! I'd love to see Austria someday!

Shadowgal doesn't share my love of mud and briars and spiderwebs, so she rarely ventures out with me. She does like navigating in other cities for the occasional interesting virtual find. I do my caching alone ir with Team CHB-but we're not worthy of pic posting in this thread!

PS was there a waterfall in Divine's picture? And sisinlaw is pretty hot too! :huh:

My wife has no interest in caching, nor my oldest daughter. But my youngest daughter (9) likes to go about half the time. My main cache-mate, however, is my son (11) who has been there from the start. Here we are at the top of Mt San Jacinto Peak:

b58619f6-ab30-440d-a98e-b20aa7aed42f.jpg

I sign cache logs with "4x4van and Trailer" in reference to my kid(s)!

Divine, your better half is waaay better than the other half, kinda like the beauty and the beast ... how did you pull it off (must of cost you plenty). hehehe.

It's the horns, man, the horns. :huh::P I remember you once saying in another thread that you'd like to meet me (likewise, BTW :lol:). Does this mean it's not really me you were talking about? :DB)

LOL !!! Must be the horns ... I wanted to meet you long before I saw a picture of your beautiful wife. I hope someday we can accomplish that goal. :huh:

It's the horns, man, the horns. :huh::P I remember you once saying in another thread that you'd like to meet me (likewise, BTW :lol:). Does this mean it's not really me you were talking about? B) B)

LOL !!! Must be the horns ... I wanted to meet you long before I saw a picture of your beautiful wife. I hope someday we can accomplish that goal. :D

I hope you two can meet, because your pining away for each other is making us very uncomfortable. :huh:

Like Special Ed, I met my partner caching. Then figured out there was something more than just having a "caching buddy." We've easily found 600+ caches together since.

Jason:

<pic snipped>

So when is he going to post a pic of you? Hmmmmmm? :(

As my wife tells me, she just doesn't get the GPS thing. She is oh so kind to put up with me in my obsessions though, one of which is geocaching. In case you wonder where the avatar comes from... this picture sits on my desk at work.

We took it as we were placing my Raven Cliffs Cache in GA.

jctina.jpg

My wife and I work well as a team together. She loves hiking, fishing, crabbing, camping, anything outdoors. LOL, only problem with that is sometimes I have to buy 2 of everything. Haven't bought a second GPS yet though. It's hard enough to be first finder without her having one. We just completed a local caching contest. At the one stage the GPSr acted up and I lost all signal. Well, she found that cache without it in less than 10 minutes! When she gets a GPSr I might as well stay in the car. :(

In case you wonder where the avatar comes from... this picture sits on my desk at work.

Did you just say that you took a picture and cropped out your wife and kept the dog?

Jamie

*JUST* for the avatar only. That pic above is from my other web site (which you can find via the properties and was never fully developed).

The picture on my desk is actually the full 4" x 6" shot.