Pocket Pc

Psychy

Please help me out I am pulling out my hair and I don't have that much to lose. When I download waypoints they come as .loc files. The new pocket PC programs need .gpx files. I use easygps and can change .loc to .gpx and now can see the file but still can not view it. What am I doing wrong. Can you help me? :lol:

You have to be a PREMIUM MEMBER to get GPX files. The GPX file contains the webpage and the waypoint info for a given cache. With out being a PREMIUM MEMBER all you can download is LOC files which are simply waypoints and you can only do this one webpage ast a time. Three bucks a months is a small price to pay for all the benefit you reep. Email me if you need any help.

cheers

So can you go paperless without paying for Premium Membership?

Just wondering because I'm dusting off my old Palm unit and wanting to try it. But it sounds like without the .gpx file you just have a bunch of data that's no better/different than you could download into your GPSr.

So can you go paperless without paying for Premium Membership?

Just wondering because I'm dusting off my old Palm unit and wanting to try it. But it sounds like without the .gpx file you just have a bunch of data that's no better/different than you could download into your GPSr.

Gotta be a Premium Member to get the info needed for 'paperless caching'. The .loc files that you can get as a non-member are only useful for uploading to your GPS or mapping software.