How Many Things To Leave In A New Ammocan Cache?

amytincan

I normally get five or six items when I'm setting up a cache. I don't cache with kids, but I know many do, so when setting up a cache, I always have a few "kid friendly" items, and the rest I usually try to appeal to the "big kids" out caching.

I normally hide puzzle caches, and they are starting to get tougher, so I'm looking into some FTF prizes. A gift card to Chili's will be in an upcoming cache. :lol:

I normally get five or six items when I'm setting up a cache. I don't cache with kids, but I know many do, so when setting up a cache, I always have a few "kid friendly" items, and the rest I usually try to appeal to the "big kids" out caching.

I normally hide puzzle caches, and they are starting to get tougher, so I'm looking into some FTF prizes. A gift card to Chili's will be in an upcoming cache. :lol:

I'm going to leave a starbucks card.

I try to put 5 or 6 items in it. With a mixture of grown-up and kid stuff. But don't stuff the cache full. As TL said, leave it 30 to 50% empty. Not only do caches have a tendency to fill with time (a lot of cachers take nothing but leave something), but it's easier when you find a cache if you don't have to empty the container to see what's in there, especially if it's raining or snowing and there's no place dry to put the stuff.

If possible, I prefer to start a cache with a travel bug or two.

I usually go to the dollar store and pick up of few newer items. Between those and the swag I get from conventions and such, I can usually FILL an ammo can (even the .50 cal ones) - and I do. You'd be amazed at the nice compliments I get for leaving well stocked caches.

Sure, the contents degrade over time. But INITIALLY placing a well stocked cache is my way of giving to the community.

8-12 for me, but I try to put in unique items, and certainly a thing or two for the kids. For example, last weekend I dropped a cache with the following:

1) Mickey Mouse watch

2) Keychain multiplier tool

3) Kid's whistle

4) Iraqi Dinar note

5) It's A Jeep Thing license plate frame

6) GC.com sticker or two

7) couple of toddler trinkets (beads, buttons... My daughter loves this stuff)

8) YJTB

Mickey watch was meant as the FTF prize, but FTF took the Dinar and YJTB (sorry to see the bug go so quickly). 2ndTF took the watch.

If you do a search for my caches, you can read a list of what I put in mine.

With that said, I don't pay attention to how much stuff is in my caches, so long as the cache closes and there is a little extra space.

I would never place a cache that was less than 50% full, though.... And don't forget to leave a toy or two!