Map Program For Pda?

When you say maps, are you talking street mapping and routing, or are you talking about using topo maps?

When it comes to topos, I have used both Fugawi and PathAway. Fugawi is total rubbish, don't ever install it on your Palm. PathAway is infinitely better, but I still found that it wasn't worth using on the palm. It's too buggy, and the map files are too big. If you want maps in your hand, there is no substitute for a mapping GPS, IMHO.

Regards,

Anthony

Yes, Mapopolis uses a GPS, if you buy the GPS-enabled maps. Read all about it on the Mapopolis website, obvious URL. You get voice directions, automatic routing and automatic rerouting, and you can give it an address, a street, an intersection, an entry from your Palm address book, or lots of other ways. Cachemate can export your cache waypoints to the address book, and Mapopolis will show them on the map, and give you directions to them. It tried to take you to the closest road, which may not always be the best parking place, but it has no way of knowing that. If you give it parking coordinates, it will take you there.

As for an old VII, you can get maps that will run on it, but I don't think you can use it with a GPS. It's just too old and slow, and I'm not sure you can find a cable with the old 10-pin connector. Check the Mapopolis website closely, especially for OS3/4 software.