Cheaper Than Dirt Free Shipping!

nfa

Hi,

After reading the umpteenth "where can I get a cheap ammo-can?" post, I noticed that Cheaper Than Dirt is offering free shipping on any order over $150. This makes the already cheap 6 for $19.95 30 mm ammo cans really cheap if you can put together a big enough order.

I would suggest getting together with some people in your area and putting together an order that's big enough (8 people each ordering the "6 for $19.95" deal would do it). I've done just that, and will have some extras that I will hope to unload among the NNYGeo members living nearby.

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA

I hae bought 12 of the 30 cal ammo cans, and:

• 8 of them were in what I would consider near-perfect condition
  • 3 of them had minor dings or scratches, but worked and sealed perfectly
  • 1 of them was somewhat rusty, had serious dents in it, and I needed to bash it with a hammer before it would close properly (but with paint, it works and looks fine)

nfa-jamie

Do you guys have an Army surplus store somewhere close?  I can get 50mm ammo cans at ours for $14.99.  Of course you have to drive to get them but $20 for 30mm seems kinda steep.  Am I missing something?

YES...you are missing something...

it is $20 for SIX (6) ammo cans...which works out to less than $3.50 per ammo can!

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA

If you're in Michigan Team CoyChev is the resident ammo can peddler.

They've found a place in MI that sells them for $2.50 each and they are in great condition. They buy them by the hundreds and then will drop them around the state at events at their cost. Pretty cool stuff.

Would probably work out for anyone near to MI also. He'll also give you directions to the place if you want to pick them up yourself.

If you're in Michigan Team CoyChev is the resident ammo can peddler.

They've found a place in MI that sells them for $2.50 each and they are in great condition. They buy them by the hundreds and then will drop them around the state at events at their cost. Pretty cool stuff.

Would probably work out for anyone near to MI also. He'll also give you directions to the place if you want to pick them up yourself.

Or, you know, if any of you are coming to nashville, you could just bring me one.

I think driving to michigan for one would defeat the purpose.

Do you guys have an Army surplus store somewhere close? I can get 50mm ammo cans at ours for $14.99. Of course you have to drive to get them but $20 for 30mm seems kinda steep. Am I missing something?

Yes, some places have cheap cans, some don't.

Around here, there are two suplus places. One wants $5 for either 30 or 50cal size. The other wants 4.50 for 30 cal and like 6 or 7 for 50cal. Theres a farm store called theisens that sells 50cals for 4.50 all the time, and every 3 to 4 months seems to have a sale on them for 2.99. But I've also seen 30cals at some flea markets/tents sales for 2 and 3 dollars, but thats only MAYBE once a year.

So depending on where you shop and when you need them, this might be a good time to stock up. And besides that, they have lots of stuff besides of ammo cans.