Found A Tb That Hasn't Been Logged Yet

PC Painter

When you get within a day or two of your trip, send a message to the previous holder and advise of your intent to drop it along the way and ask him to log it in. Sometimes a nudge is all that's needed.

In any case, make sure you write down the number on the tag. You'll need that to log your pickup so it is part of your inventory to drop off into another cache.

I think that it is courteous to wait until the other person logs it. In fact, I think you should give a lot of leaway to the person dropping it off. My sister and I were hiking in New Hampshire. She dropped off a travel bug that she'd picked up in Maine. By the time she got home, someone had grabbed it from her. Allow at least a week.

We're planning a cross-country geocache trip to Oregon next year. We won't have computer access until we get to Oregon. Give us a break! Hopefully, we'll move ten or fifteen bugs across the country. We would really appreciate being able to log them!

We're planning a cross-country geocache trip to Oregon next year. We won't have computer access until we get to Oregon. Give us a break! Hopefully, we'll move ten or fifteen bugs across the country. We would really appreciate being able to log them!

Try stopping at public libraries along the way -- it only takes a few minutes, and you won't have a week's worth of bug logs to try to catch up on. We've done that severla times while on vacation.

"Trista the Tricer" is in the hands of KF6JAX. Give him time to log it as he just picked it up on the 10th, so probably just dropped it off right before you got to the cache. If he doesn't log it, you can send him a reminder via his profile page. But I think he will log it. He has moved a number of travel bugs in the past.

Thanks for all your helpful answers (Harry...you sounded a wee bit upset...was not my intention...just asking a question, since I'm new to this). I sent a friendly email to the placer of the TB, asking if I should wait, since I didn't know. He logged it a little bit ago, tonight.

Thanks again, folks!

yep, logged it when i got home. that cache was first one i did today with my 2 boys, it was logged within 3-4 hours of dropping it. :lol:

Glad it all worked out OK, and hope you'll forgive my n00bness. I sent you a question about your GeoCoin that you left, through the site emailer.

Oh...and if you ever meet WA6DBC while hamming, that's my dad. He goes through phases, and hasn't been on a bit. He's working on building his own ham radio....again...ha! He built his own before, but now he's doing it with newer technology....could take years (knowing him :lol: ).

Moving this topic to the Forum of Unending Angst.

Oi! You in the white smock! We aren't all that angsty in here, we just don't feel moved to post unless there's a problem.

What do you want us to do, post threads like "picked up a TB today, took it on a field trip, had a great time, dropped it off...everything went off without a hitch, thanks"?

Hm. Actually, I kind of wish people did that more often in here...

If you can hold the bug, try to wait at least three days before grabbing the bug from wherever.

The real problem is when you can't hold the bug for long or you already physically moved the bug to another cache. Now it’s move twice without being logged.

In those cases I give people 1 day tops

Sometimes people will retrieve a bug before you had time to log it. That’s just the way it is. I would rather see a bug listed where it actually is, than be upset because I didn’t get the count on my stat page. Another bug will come along soon enough.

========================

I just released a new travel bug made from a keychain I found in a cache. There's my happy karma posting.

If I will have the bug in possession for a few days, I wait. If I won't and it's been 24 hours or more, I grab it and place/remove it into/from the cache that I found it so it gets it's miles.

I think the thing I hate most is when you're caching all day in your home area and other cachers you personally know do a grab because they can't wait a few hours for you to return home to log your finds. I usually grab those bugs back and email the person. My personal rule is a 24-hour minimum wait.

I cache on vacation too, but have a laptop and usually can log my finds and bugs within 24 hours regardless of where I am.

Question -- I found a bug that wasn't logged into the cache in South Carolina. It says it's still in a different cache in SC. In looking at that cache, the bug was dropped in that cache in early October, then back in mid-october, there are logs saying the travel bug isn't there.

I'll probably go caching again next weekend. If I do want to drop it off here in Georgia, and it's not logged into the cache I got it from yet, should I grab it from that other cache and post a note that I did???

I'll probably go caching again next weekend. If I do want to drop it off here in Georgia, and it's not logged into the cache I got it from yet, should I grab it from that other cache and post a note that I did???

Yes, if it hasn't been logged properly since sometime in October odds are it isn't going to be logged. Go ahead and grab it.