dbly1850

If that's the flag your talking about, the properties shows it to be a JPEG.

I wonder if the site automaticly converts it to a JPEG? I do think that the text on your profile page requires it to be a JPEG. I'll have to look now.

This flag is a .jpeg, the first which moves is a .gif and I have used on other forums, with no problems.. I have been looking around and the only thing that moves is the little post icons,I got to feel, I'm not the only person with a moving .gif Avator, so I'll just keep what I got. No sense in starting a

tech support nightmare, in trying to make it work.. ( I troubleshoot for a living and KNOW- what a pain that can be..)

I have been looking around and the only thing that moves is the little post icons,

You can put a .gif in a post by clicking th IMG button and putting in the URL of the image, if you have one. That would put the motion in your post and any time that post is quoted. Granted, it's more of a one-time thing, but at least we could see what it looks like.

I wonder if the site automaticly converts it to a JPEG? I do think that the text on your profile page requires it to be a JPEG. I'll have to look now.

This flag is a .jpeg, the first which moves is a .gif and I have used on other forums, with no problems.. I have been looking around and the only thing that moves is the little post icons,I got to feel, I'm not the only person with a moving .gif Avator, so I'll just keep what I got. No sense in starting a

tech support nightmare, in trying to make it work.. ( I troubleshoot for a living and KNOW- what a pain that can be..)

Yes, avatars can only be jpeg images. One of the nice side benefits of that is the elimination of animated avatars.

Yes, avatars can only be jpeg images. One of the nice side benefits of that is the elimination of animated avatars.

Some of us are inclined to feel that's a drawback rather than a benefit....

I for one am grateful for a forum where avatars don't move. I'm a member of one list that allows moving avatars, many many multiple lines of signatures lines (that also accepts moving images--some are almost video clips and include sound or things that look like pop-ups).

The effect is horrendous. Far too many people have multiple things going on around their message. Everything on the page is jumping and leaping and moving and crawling. I can't concentrate on what is being written. It's especially annoying because they people that have the busiest peripherals seem to also be the types that spend a lot of time posting silly notes that say things like "I agree" or "I hear you" in myriad different colors and text fonts.

Maybe my dyslexia just makes me too easily distracted, but I like the calm look of these forums and feel that it lets me really concentrate on what people are saying.

dancingheroesnn8.gifdancingheroesnn8.gif

Sure, cause there nothing annoying about trying to read while this is going on.

I can't believe you don't want animated avatars, animated gifs in your footer...etc.

Can we also add background music to our posts? Please? C'mon....

[/sarcasm] End communication.

Sure, cause there nothing annoying about trying to read while this is going on.

I can't believe you don't want animated avatars, animated gifs in your footer...etc.

Can we also add background music to our posts? Please? C'mon....

[/sarcasm] End communication.

Yeah, we have this warped animated mindset going on.....We even want animated Geocoin icons and that is pretty dizzying dang it!

B) I think we should post a new thread to the Geocaching.com website for a feature to have background music to our posts! I REALLY LIKE THAT IDEA....thanks for starting something B)