Hard Reset The Garmin 60cs?

TommyRox

I'm having a terrible problem with my 60CS. It's quit on me. When I turn it on, it makes a sound for a few seconds. It then goes to the first blue page. It sometimes stays on that page for 5-10 minutes. It will eventually go to the Acquiring Satellite page but never acquires anything. I can't turn it off. If I try, the screen just flickers. I have to remove the batteries.

I tried to do the hard reset above, but I get a message box "Do you really want to erase all user data?" But, I can't even move to the Yes.

I tried to call Garmin support but their message said a 30 minute wait. I held for quite a while, then my cordless phone went dead :blink:

Anyone have any suggestions?

What sort of sound does it make for a few seconds?

Did you recently upgrade the software version?

These questions are mainly out of curiousity, I think you need to get that thing back to Garmin.

No, haven't updated the software since August. I'm on 3.5. It's been making a "grinding" sound for a second or two on startup. I've noticed that for the past few months. It's been getting slower and slower acquiring the satellites. Sometimes it won't, and it's locked up. Sometimes it will. Today, it won't do anything :(

Grinding?!? Well I hope that's the startup blingchime slowed way down.

Get back online with Garmin, you need to get that fixed. Call, don't use email.

Well, I sent my 60CS in and they sent me a replacement. They neglected to send me the unlock codes for CitySelect, but that's fixed now, so I am again a very happy camper! :o