Funny Logs

avroair

Our newest cache is called Born On The Bayou, partially in tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival and partially as a description of it's terrain. Bluehook recently logged FTF honors and his log is fantastic (especially if you are a CCR fan).

I also remember one recently where some folks didn't see the hunter up in the tree and were about to take a leak... can't remember the details exactly.

One more: Avroair & Hartclimbs' logs for The Passaic Hideaway are great.

I thought I'd enlighten you on a post I made to GCKR6V

Tried hitting some caches while visiting from Abingdon, VA. Hoped to be the ftf but scared the pants off some teenagers when we were within 40' of the cache, well maybe they already had them off??? We will hit this one at another time. :I It was getting dark on us also and we couldn't see much that hoped to find.
Edited by cudlecub
Someone at the event was asking who the guy is from out west that writes all those funny logs.  I couldn't remember at the time but it's oregone.  Take your pick of any one of his logs, they're all pretty sick.

That guys a riot.

I just read one of his logs and I'm hooked - with over 1000 finds it will be a while to read through these, but I think the entertainment value will be worth it.

Someone at the event was asking who the guy is from out west that writes all those funny logs.  I couldn't remember at the time but it's oregone.  Take your pick of any one of his logs, they're all pretty sick.

That guys a riot.

I just read one of his logs and I'm hooked - with over 1000 finds it will be a while to read through these, but I think the entertainment value will be worth it.

You read the soapy boy/rinsy boy one? You'll wet you pants laughing.

That guys a riot.

You read the soapy boy/rinsy boy one? You'll wet you pants laughing.

Or want to gouge out your inner eye... :blink:

I've just began reading the "Oregon" logs. I'm trying to write through the tears of laughter coming from my eyes. I had to give up after only a handful of logs tonight...I'll pick up the saga tomorrow. I'm only to the electric carving knife in the stomach...ride in the helicopter to the hospital part. I just can't take too much of this in one night. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Am I missing something?

Apparently you have missed meeting BrianSnat. Good job. Your probably better off. :D But to answer your question (and before anyone really abuses you) look at the picture, look at the title of the thread, and consider retracting your question. :lol:

Hmm... That one went right over my head! I get it now.... Boy, do I feel stupid! Even funnier than the picture, I sat and pondered what was funny about that picture for a while before posting, contemplating if I should even post or not! I would like to officially retract my question. :lol:

OK, everyone, all at once: ChrisMek is a DUMB@SS!

BTW: I Did meet BrianSnat briefly at the Murder Mystery Event, but I think at the time neither of us were willing to break Character.

One of the funniest I've ever read... from our now archived "Six of one, Half Dozen of the other" cache...

" August 5, 2003 by The BeeGees (175 found)

The following is an example of why it's important to properly plan your caching trip.

I saw this new cache pop up today and thought it would be a good one to try at lunchtime. I chose the Meyersville Rd. entrance and parked at the end of the cul de sac. It had rained the night before and the hike in started to get pretty muddy. Guess I should have worn boots today. Eventually the trail got dryer and became quite nice. The black eyed susans were a nice suprise. As I walked deeper into the woods, the bugs started to become intense. Guess I should have worn insect repellent today. As I glanced down at my GPS I noticed another potential problem. Low battery. I turned off the GPS to save my last bit of juice. After 10 minutes of walking and swatting flies, I turned it back on. Dang, overshot it. I walked back a little ways and found a break in the thorn bushes to start my bushwack. Easily found the cache in the described location. As I reached for it, a snake dropped from the branch beside me. It was just a harmless garter snake but it made me lose my balance and get mud on my work pants. Oh Well. As soon as I opened the cache box the heavens opened up and it started to pour. I mean really pour. Guess I should have worn a raincoat today. I quickly tossed in my plastic praying mantis, scribbled my name in the log book and replaced the cache. Now all I have to do is run .75 miles in the pouring rain. I started out in a jog but quickly realized the futility of it. I was already soaked to the bone. At least the rain washed the mud off my pants. I actually enjoyed the wet walk back. When I reached the end of the trail, the formerly muddy areas were now ankle deep. I poured myself into the car totally drenched. The last time I got this wet was when I fell in the swamp at BrianSnat's BOLP III cache. The good news is that; the rain kept the bugs away, I have a spare set of clothes at the office (kept for just this such of geocaching emergency) and I was first to find. First is Fun but Dry is desireable. Thanks Peconic Bay Sailers for the interesting afternoon in a neat section of the greatswamp."

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors