I've A Plan, If You've The Desire To Help Me....

fly46

Anyway, I'm making a series of 12 caches that lead up to the 13th, a bonus cache.... You have to get the first 12 to get the cords for #13.

Anyway, I was trying to come up with something that fit the theme (the first twelve are the chinese zodiac, the thirteeth is called little china) and it suddenly hit me that instead of doing traditional asian stuff, I'd make it more symbolic. Well, it's a stretch on symbolic, but bear with me here.

I was thinking orient=riches (you know, lavish golds, pearl divers, etc)...

So what are riches to a geocacher? Okay, a dry log book is a good start, but then I thought that it would be cool to make the final cache full of a combination of signature items and asian related stuff. Most people don't trade, it seems, unless it's for signature items.

Or toys for the kids. But I have the toy part covered pretty much, because I'm going to go to the Sanrio store at my mall (Sanrio is Hello Kitty) and get a couple things.

I think I'm babbling now.

What I was wondering is if anyone - especially those of you who aren't from Nashville area - would be interested in donating a signature item for the cache?

Or, if you think I'm off my rocker, tell me.

Hey, now, what's wrong with coming to Nashville for thanksgiving?

2000+ caches in the state, homeplace of some of the top 10 cachers...

I mean, you can't fart without hitting a cache, why wouldn't a cacher want to be there?

I don't care if you have my addy.

Heck, knock on my door for all I care.

If you're psycho and want to, you'll find a way to stalk me even if I don't tell you where I live. :P

I'll PM you.

Bumping this up.

So far I have:

1 Signature Mini Tennis Ball

2 Signature Marki&Joani pressed pennies

1 signature Goldsnoop-PA coin

5 Signature fly46 magnetic cards (when I finish making them)(available only in this cache!)

? Signature flies

1 SerenityNow signature domino

I'm going to raid a couple caches around here I've already found and see if there are more sig items around that I can add.

If anyone else wants to share, let me know!

Uh oh. Nothing from me? I mailed you some stuff...hm...a week ago today.

Let me know if you don't get it by Thanksgiving and I'll send you another batch...

hm, me too -- I mailed mine over a week ago.

I got both of yours yesterday.

No clue why it took that long, but they're here and safe at last - and very very cool!

Adding to the list:

1 combination pen/light

and a stackfull of AuntieWeasel foreign currency

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

This looks like lots of fun, I'll have to talk to my hubby and see how we can help! Also, looks like a good reason for a mini vacation! Looks like a cacher could be very busy there!!! I'll be in touch!

You should come here. It feels like there's a gazillion and a half caches here. I like driving down the road and telling my mother where they all are. She hates me for it. lol.

Someone else is coming down in Feb. and we're going to go caching together.

Come at some point and I'll go with you/act as a guide/show you around.

There's so many caches around here I haven't found yet that it will be a blast for me, too.

Baxter, I've gotten your magnets. Those are very cool!

For anyone that sent me multiple items, I'm putting part of them in now and saving the rest. After the cache has been hit a couple dozen times, I'll be able to go back in and include more signature items for people!

Bad weather and a crappy cold have derailed my attempt to get the cache up by Dec 1, but I'll have it up by January, I promise. If you want to still donate an item, let me know.