Geocaching Internet Movie - The Voorhees Cache

Zartimus

Two weeks ago I got a bunch of geocaching buddies out in the woods at night during a full moon and filmed a quick movie with my mini DV camera. It was way too dark (but we did our best with some 1,000,000 candle power spot beams), there was no script (but I did have a shot storyboard and loose plot), and we had problems but we got enough footage in 3 hours for me to splice something together. It went live this past weekend and I'd thought I'd post it here to see what people think. I'm no film-maker, but I am a movie fan, and hopefully there are some things about it that geocachers will find funny.

It's a flick about a night caching expedition that goes wrong and the cache-box gets moved to a new location by the end and that's what prospective geocachers must solve by watching the movie to find the actual live cache.

Check it out, it's a 150MB download with 2 sites that hopefully evereyone will not hit at once :). It may take as long as one hour to download. There is a freeware app listed at the bottom of the cache page if anyone has probs using MS media Player to view it.

Enjoy...

The Voorhees cache - GCKYKY

e746c6f1-56ed-47e7-889b-ba1436db3fa7.jpg

8644f08a-a6fd-4ea3-b7bd-93dfedbbc5fb.jpg

I was waiting for the up-the-nose close-up of the female character while she spills her last thoughts into the camera.

Jamie

The snot bubble was talked about quite a bit, decided it had already been done, as was the girl 'running away and falling down' and the SCary movie bit 'losing more and more of her clothes along the way' scene. Both DECLINED! (Oh well. Had to keep that PG rating.)

There is a scene early on where 'Tripper' shoves Khanya out of the way in his effort to flee and makes her fall down but that's as close as we got.

Edited by Zartimus
Very entertaining movie and great use of local "actors". I wish I would have thought of that...combining geocaching with horror movies, simply terrific. I think now the big question that everybody is wondering: Will there be a sequel?

Probably not a sequel any time soon, but there's another project in the works for the spring involving Bigfoot, space aliens and the trailer park boys. :unsure: And that one will have a script!

It's a sort of sequal to my Bigfoot's Bionic arm cache, which will explain how he lost his arm (and the other one presumably).

I did the same type of thing back in september...an internet movie for my cache. let me know what you think . this link takes you to the cache page. Devil's Playground

Yeah someone posted it above. I DL'd it, I liked it. Blair witch all the way! Funny how we both 'borrowed' the opening text premise. I was looking around for other video type caches but didn't see any until someone posted yours.

I was going to do teh snot bubbel scene in mine as well as those crazy little stick guys, but instead decided to just stick with the Jason thing..

I can't wait to make another one, what did you use for yours? I did mine with a mini-dv vidcam and edited in Adobe premiere and Photoshop.

I used my Digital8 Handycam for filming and edited it in Studio7. I was going to use premiere but didn't need that much power behind it. I wanted to go for the "Raw" look. going by the e-mails i've gotten about the cache, we'll definately be doing a sequel to this...the theme will have a little bit of a twist to it...it'll be good times. I also thought it was funny how our videos started the same way...great minds...

I also thought it was funny how our videos started the same way...great minds...

Well hey, I 'liked' the Blair Witch project. A year after it came out I was down in Mexico and I was in this market somewhere and these guys were talking about it in Mexican and I caught the words "Blair Witch" and "Skelato", and other words of that nature and I piped up "You guys talking about the Blair Witch Project? I thought that movie was great!"

And they kinda looked at me like I was a freak (I am used to this), and said in broken english..

"Ah no, is horrible what happened to those poor peoples!"

Ya see, they thought it was a snuff film.. Seriously. Even when I told them "Naw, they are A-ok, I saw them giving out an MTV video award six months ago, they are all still alive!"..

They told me:

"No senoir, the witch. She gots them!"....

I bought a shark tooth and left....