Street Level Maps In Europe

astrandb

Ms MapPoint supports street level maps for a number of european countries - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Use the same URL as in US and append "&L=EUR"

Thanks for the heads up! I knew that but had forgotten it. I even remember there's been talk about adding the string to the MapPoint URLs on the outside-the-US cache page links, but now it seems there are no MapPoint links on the cache pages at all any more.

... but now it seems there are no MapPoint links on the cache pages at all any more.

It actually depends on your country:

US:

Geocaching.com Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Topozone

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

Canada:

Geocaching.com Maps

MapQuest

Yahoo Maps

Microsoft MapPoint

UK:

Geocaching.com Maps

MapQuest

Yahoo Maps

Streetmap.co.uk

All the rest:

Geocaching.com Maps

MapQuest

Yahoo Maps

Cornix

(Thanks Cornix for clearing that country-thing out.)

Use the same URL as in US and append "&L=EUR"

Sounds interesting, could anyone give an example, please?

For example, my home address would look like

this when used with a correct syntax. When the MapPoint links still were on our cache pages, the 'maps' looked like this. :)

It seems to be a simple thing to solve (those maps look pretty good at street level), but I really dunno what kind of work it would be. Maybe TPTB could chime in with a comment?

Thanks alot. Much better maps now.

I don't know how the maps on the cache pages are geneterated (thougt it looks like they are from Mappoint) but it would be really nice if they also could be improved by the same technique.

Typical maps over Swedish and US caches

image_map.gifimage_map.gif

/Åke S :blink:

Edited by astrandb