Seeking permission FAQ/Media Kit

dkirby7

I'm sure this comes up alot, but I didn't see anything specific in the FAQ or other posts. I apologize for the new thread if I simply overlooked it.

I work in a technology park with lots of green space park around our buildings with established trails. I'm interested in seeking permission to hide a cache or two in this area and I've obtained the contact information that should be required to get that permission.

My question is if there is an established "standard" contact/media kit for getting permission for placing a geocache. If not, it seems like this would be a good idea and would really help boost the likelyhood of placing a cache.

What comes to mind is maybe a multimedia presentation CD that shows how responsible the community is, what the sport is about, and some written materials explaining the rules that Geocachers are asked to follow. Something that can be as introductory material to give the managing authority an idea of what they can expect (probably also important to set expectation of traffic, since even sites with heavy traffic, at least in my area, are typically visited no more than a couple of times a day).

Any thoughts or info out there on how to proceed with something that is hopefully already somewhat standardized and succesful?

TIA, dkirby7

You can start by printing out a cache page and show them what you are talking about.

Someone made a short movie presentation and posted it in a forum here about a month or so ago that was informative. I'll have to try and find it, unless someone else remembers it first?

Found this in another forum

http://www.weekendsusa.com/geocaching_info.pdf

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.