Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
biltal

Ontario Repeater Locations

I thought it might be useful to compile list of Ontario repeaters and their locations. Anyone travelling in Ontario could then easily find the nearest repeater and tune to it. To that end, I've started a .loc file using EasyGPS with the repeater callsign as the waypoint and the frequency, tone & offset in the comment field. So far I have three entries. :lol: I'll post it at http://ca.geocities.com/ve3ilt@rogers.com/repeaters.zip. If anyone would like to add to the list, please post the callsign and coordinates here or email them to me at ve3ilt@rogers.com.

73, Bob VE3ILT

Edited by biltal

Bob, the WNYSORC has all this information on file. Let's see if we can get it from them and work it into a GPS compatible file. :-)

73 de C-A

Bob, the WNYSORC has all this information on file. Let's see if we can get it from them and work it into a GPS compatible file. :-)

73 de C-A

I downloaded WNYSORC's .pdf repeater list but the coordinates weren't listed. Are they posted somewhere else on the website? Also, they don't list every repeater in Southern Ontario, just the ones that are associated with them. I'm anxiously awaiting the new version of Hugh McCully's directory but that doesn't give the info I want either. An example of my problem is VE3OD; it's listed as Halton Hills but that's a big place. The club posted the location on their web site and so I was able to pinpoint it on the map. Turns out I've been driving right past the tower on Trafalgar road for years. It's on the way to my cottage. Lots of repeaters are listed as being in a certain community when they're actually several kilometers away. It makes a difference with my 5 watt HT.

Anyway, I just thought it would be neat to know exactly how far from a given repeater I am and which way to point the Yagi. ;)

73, Bob VE3ILT

I downloaded WNYSORC's .pdf repeater list but the coordinates weren't listed. Are they posted somewhere else on the website?

They aren't on there. But being a repeater owner I know this is standard information that is submitted when applying for coordination.

As for the un-coordinated ones, I don't think we can do too much about that other than what we can find out on our own.

Lemme see if I can get that list of coordinates!

I know where our repeater is, and its exactly 19.2 miles from the house. The other one is at the house right now but will be probably down near the airport if I can't find a suitable place in Caledon. Hey, if you know of any locations let me know.

Cheers!

C-A

Lemme see if I can get that list of coordinates!

If you can get the list I'll be happy to convert it to an .loc or.gpx file even if I have to type in the info manually. I'll post it at the previous URL for everyone's benefit.

BTW, where's your repeater and what's the callsign?

Regards, Bob.