Did You Catch The Show Last Night?

CYBret

I took a late night drive last night and kept noticing this amazing blue/green glow to the north. From everything I have seen before it sure looked like the Northern Lights, but I figured it was just the moon reflecting off some clouds. Amazingly enough, it WAS the Northern Lights.

Looks like there's a good chance us midwesterners will get another show tonight. Check out this article for some more details.

Bret

Lucky for me, I just happened to be heading home from a scuba dive. Home for me is Toronto which produces waaaaay too much sky-glow to even see bright stars, let alone Northern Lights. But I was an hour north - stopped for gas and as I was pulling out of the service station happened to glance up and my jaw just dropped. Haven't seen real bright Notrhern Lights since my (rural) childhood.

From here in Canada, the sky was sheeted with these green dancing curtains - almost directly overhead was a dark void spot, and all the curtains appeared to be hung from that spot but there were enough to cover 360° although the ones to the north were the brightest and most active.

The show is supposed to continue tonight. Hope there's no clouds....... I'm gonna have to go for a drive........