What is GPS food

jak324

I am new to geocaching and can't wait for Christmas when I get my gps. I have been looking at caches in my area and have been reading this bb and have had tons of questions answered. Thanks to all of you experienced geocachers. One thing I noticed is to never leave food in the caches and I understand why, but I have seen GPS food. What is gps food? Thanks for the help.

Josh

in my first cache i plan on hiding after christmas, why not put some MRE food packets in the cache? the MRE food, Meal ready to eat, used my military and a myriad of other uses, hiking, camping, survival food etc,..... is nuclear, chemical, and biological warefare proof for 10 years. as long as there are not holes in the covering, i'd eat some MRE food found in a cache, but then again, someone would find some way to poison it so i'd better not.

quote:
Originally posted by rfriel1:

in my first cache i plan on hiding after christmas, why not put some MRE food packets in the cache? the MRE food, Meal ready to eat, used my military and a myriad of other uses, hiking, camping, survival food etc,..... is nuclear, chemical, and biological warefare proof for 10 years. as long as there are not holes in the covering, i'd eat some MRE food found in a cache, but then again, someone would find some way to poison it so i'd better not.

As a US Army Veteran of 27 years, I can unequivocably state that MREs are not food. If you would eat that stuff you must have been in the quartermaster corps trying to make corpses of the rest of us. I would rather be eating C-Rations, K-Rations or even Kennelration.

Who ever listed a geocache as a dining establishment? No thanks, I'll find a diner out on the highway.

Yuck!

tb