Dnf's: Do You Admit To Them By Posting Them?

brodiebunch

If I get to the point of actually looking for the cache then yes I do. I have once or twice headed out and realized I don't have time to continue. In these cases I was not anywhere near the cache and might only post a note.

I think it is very important to other cachers, the reviewers and the cache owner if people log their DNFs. In a recient case I looked and looked for a cache and just couldn't find it. I logged the DNF thinking that it was probably muggled. The next day someone logged a find at the cache. I can now go back knowing that I'm looking for something that is really there and not just tromping around the woods.

JMHO

Joe

After reading some of these posts I decided to be more diligent in logging my DNFs. I didn't have a problem logging them in the past but I wasn't diligent in completing them either. But I think it's nice to have a complete personal geocaching history log.

I also understand why others do not have see the need to log their DNFs.

Edited by deeg_quest

Hads one this weekend where the cache co-ords were taken over by a group of pot-smokers who were obviously there for the duration! We hung around for over an hour - willing them to move on, but with no luck.

So .... a DNF was posted, with an entry explaining what the problem was, and suggesting that this particular cache would a better bet on a week-day rather than a weekend.

And yes ...... I always post a DNF if I was unable to find the cache (for whatever reason) and would expect others to post DNF's on my caches if they were unsuccessful. A few DNF entries and I go to see if the cache is still in place.

A very useful feature as far as I am concerned.