Pq For Caches Placed By A Specific User

programmer64

I would like to be able to run a PQ with the search conditions "Placed by" so I can find all caches placed by any user whose caches I'd like to find. From a users profile I can search for all caches placed by that user,it would be great to have it in a PQ so I can get them all in one GPX file instead of having to go to each cache page to download them one by one. I see no way of doing this right now from the generate PQ page,am I missing it? if not how hard would it be to make this possible?

:unsure:B);)B)B)B)B););):D:D

I would like to be able to run a PQ with the search conditions "Placed by" so I can find all caches placed by any user whose caches I'd like to find. From a users profile I can search for all caches placed by that user,it would be great to have it in a PQ so I can get them all in one GPX file instead of having to go to each cache page to download them one by one. I see no way of doing this right now from the generate PQ page,am I missing it? if not how hard would it be to make this possible?

:unsure:B);)B)B)B)B););):D:D

You could use the likes of GSAK to filter on "placed by"....

I would like to be able to run a PQ with the search conditions "Placed by" so I can find all caches placed by any user whose caches I'd like to find.  From a users profile I can search for all caches placed by that user,it would be great to have it in a PQ so I can get them all in one GPX file instead of having to go to each cache page to download them one by one. I see no way of doing this right now from the generate PQ page,am I missing it? if not how hard would it be to make this possible?

:unsure:  B)  ;)  B)  B)  B)  B)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

I'd have to do 100's of PQ's as the users I want to search have caches in many states

I would like to be able to run a PQ with the search conditions "Placed by" so I can find all caches placed by any user whose caches I'd like to find.  From a users profile I can search for all caches placed by that user,it would be great to have it in a PQ so I can get them all in one GPX file instead of having to go to each cache page to download them one by one. I see no way of doing this right now from the generate PQ page,am I missing it? if not how hard would it be to make this possible?

:unsure:  B)  ;)  B)  B)  B)  B)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

I'd have to do 100's of PQ's as the users I want to search have caches in many states

only if there are hundreds of users' caches you wanted to find....

pick a cache in an area by user #1

set up a pq for caches in that area

d/l pq into gsak and filter

repeat for each user whose caches you want to find

if there are in fact hundreds of different users' caches you wish to find , a filter won't help you...just a general pq

The radius feature in the PQ's is limited, the user I have in mind has caches all up and down theeast coast, arount 3000 miles. you are also limited on the number of caches you can return, how many caches do you think there are from the tip of Florida to the top of MAine?

Edited by programmer64
The radius  feature in the PQ's is limited, the user I have in mind has caches all up and down theeast coast, arount 3000 miles.

That seems fairly unusual due to the guidelines on maintaining caches:

"Placing Caches on Vacation / Beyond Your Maintainable Distance

Placing caches on vacation or outside of your normal caching area is unacceptable and these caches may not be approved. As the cache owner you are obligated to be in a position to manage your caches, and caches placed on vacation require someone else to maintain them for you. It is not uncommon for areas to be cleared, trails to be blocked or closed, objects used for virtual or multi-caches to be moved or removed, etc. You must be able to react to negative cache logs and investigate the location quickly. Please be responsible. This guideline applies to all types of caches including virtual caches.

The territory in which a geocacher is able to maintain caches responsibly will vary from one person to the next. An active geocacher who regularly visits areas hundreds of miles apart can demonstrate their ability to maintain a cache 100 miles from home. A geocacher whose previous finds and hides are all within 25 miles of their home would likely not see their cache listed if placed 250 miles away from their home.

If you have special circumstances, please describe these on your cache page or in a note to the approver. For example, if you have made arrangements with a local geocacher to watch over your distant cache for you, that geocacher’s name should be mentioned on your cache page."

That being the case - maybe you could email the owner and ask if they would mind doing a one-off pq of their own caches and have them email that to you....

Edited by fivegallon

perhaps the Emailing them thing would work, but that does not address the topic I posted. I'd like to see that feature added to PQ's so I don't have to go through all of that happy horse s***. PQ's are supposed to make our lives easier, if you can query the database from the user profile page, you should be able to hit the database with the same search criteria from a PQ. It would just be nice , I do know how to find the info the old tedious way, I am just darn lazy and would like to have the work done for me.

perhaps the Emailing them thing would work, but that does not address the topic I posted. I'd like to see that feature added to PQ's so I don't have to go through all of that happy horse s***. PQ's are supposed to make our lives easier, if you can query the database from the user profile page, you should be able to hit the database with the same search criteria from a PQ. It would just be nice , I do know how to find the info the old tedious way, I am just darn lazy and would like to have the work done for me.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the request.Given the guidelines i would say your situation would be exception rather than the rule.

Depending on when the guideline was put into place would obviously have a bearing on how many times the problem will come up.

Request away! Good luck.

Hopefully the email solves your current problem.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the request.Given the guidelines i would say your situation would be exception rather than the rule.

Depending on when the guideline was put into place would obviously have a bearing on how many times the problem will come up.

Request away! Good luck.

Hopefully the email solves your current problem.

I would agree that my request is not the norm,but maybe some day. I can only dream!