Win A Hiking Staff For Charity!

El Diablo

GC has graciously allowed me to offer another staff in the name of charity. Last year my granddaughter was battling cancer, this year she is in remission and is doing fine. Thanks for all your thoughts, well wishes and prayers. It meant a lot to me and my family.

As with last year I’m going to donate the money to “Make A Wish” foundation. This is an organization that gives hope and makes dreams come true for children that are facing life threatening illnesses.

As with last year this is a raffle. E-tickets are $5.00 each. You can either mail me a check, cash, or money order to Jerry Carter 560 Gideon Grove Church Rd. Stokesdale, NC 27357 or pay by Paypal at staff@geo-hikingstick.com. . I will pay all fees charged by Paypal so that all your money goes to “Make A Wish”. Last year we raised $1042.00 sept1c_tank was the winner.

The raffle will end December 23rd 2004. As many of you know I no longer offer hiking staffs for sale, so this may be your last chance to acquire one. The winner will be able to customize his/her staff as desired as long as it’s within my artistic ability.

El Diablo

Staff aside it means little. But to put your efforts to make a wish is an idea that is very noteworthy. My check will be in the mail on Monday, and I challenge each and every cacher that is out there to do the same. PERIOD If we can spend money to chase trinkets then let us put some of our fun money to good use.

Here here.......my cheque is in the mail on Monday too!

cheers!

Planemaker :ph34r:

Thanks El Diablo,

I've just paypal-ed you $15 for 3 chances...one each for me, my son, and my wife. The three of us make up the NFA's geocaching team, and we all feel strongly about supporting the make-a-wish foundation.

I encourage everyone who reads this to participate in thsi fund-raising effort for a very worthy cause.

Thanks again,

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA
The raffle will end December 23rd 2004. As many of you know I no longer offer hiking staffs for sale, so this may be your last chance to acquire one. The winner will be able to customize his/her staff as desired as long as it’s within my artistic ability.

El Diablo

I just completed my addition to the pot. :ph34r:

Now, where do I send the 'extra' cash to increase my chances? hehe just kiding.. I am glad to be able to help.

This is a great cause and I am sending $25 for 5 chances.

Since I won the hiking staff last year,

I will delegate my 5 chances,

one each, to the next 5 contributors

of $10 or more to this cause.

(El Diablo, it's up to you to keep track.) :unsure:

Here is a close-up of some of the detail

on my staff from last year's raffle. :unsure:

f3b7993c-b83c-4d96-a08d-2ea7f02f0a28.jpg:lol:

This is a great cause and I am sending $25 for 5 chances.

Since I won the hiking staff last year,

I will delegate my 5 chances,

one each, to the next 5 contributors

of $10 or more to this cause.

(El Diablo, it's up to you to keep track.) :unsure:

Here is a close-up of some of the detail

on my staff from last year's raffle. :unsure:

f3b7993c-b83c-4d96-a08d-2ea7f02f0a28.jpg:lol:

Wow!! I did good work on that. You should pay me more! :lol:

El Diablo

Bump!!!

ElDiablo,

Sent a check out today in the amount of $25 for a chance at a staff. I am a past member of the board of trustees of Make-A-Wish of Central New York. This is a great charity and being in Oncology, I saw both sides of the story. Fortunately I have not seen the third side of the story (that of a family member).

We as adults have had a opportunity to live life to it's fullest whether we chose to or not. Kids haven't had that opportunity. Make-A-Wish gives them a shot at it. Good luck and I hope I win!!! :huh::blink::blink:

Edited by greende

Well, here it is. A quick and easy way to donate to this worthy cause.

Please click the link below and enter for a chance (or many chances) to win:

Hiking Staff Donate Page

I've already tested it and ordered 2 chances for myself.

El Diablo: Shoot me an email if you would like the source to this page to host it on your own server, but I would be more than happy to leave it up for you on my server.

I am copying the following from my families blog. There is no doubt in my mind that my daughters wish saved her life. I'll paypal my donation later today.

"I'll be there for the show Ron. It's timely that you should mention the Make a Wish foundation now. As everyone knows Amber is due any time now, some of you may not know that her doctors had given her literally 99.9% chance that she would never be able to conceive, due to the amount of chemo she received during puberty.

It was about the same time that we got this bad news when a representative from Make a Wish foundation asked for an appointment with us. I don't know who contacted them about her condition, whether it was her school teacher, one of my friends, the clinic, or one of you. All I know is that the magic of a childs wish took hold from that day forward to her full (and now complete) recovery from a very aggressive case of Hodgkins disease.

For a week, they replaced needles with goosebumps, Chemotherapy with cotton candy, and doctors and nurses with Mickie and Minnie. I watched with my own eyes as despair and pain turned to smiles and hope.

For a week, there were no worries about money. Every detail had been thought of and taken care of. The everyday worries of life disappeared amid the fairy tales and smiles.

After our return from Disneyworld, Amber turned the corner and began to improve. Her cell counts were back up and she had more energy. The talk of a marrow transplant vanished and things were looking up.

I have no doubt that our respite from death and disease played a pivotal role in her recovery. She watched 2 of her friends succumb to cancer in the following months, all the while she was getting better every day.

I guess what I'm saying is, Make a Wish is no ordinary charity. I have seen the magic of their touch first hand and urge any of you that may donate to a charity to consider this one."

El Diablo - this is a great idea! I've sent $25 via Paypal for five chances. As you know, I already have a staff (which I LOVE), so if I happen to win, I'll donate it to NYGO to give away as a prize.

It's a shame that you are no longer selling those staffs, but I can imagine that you are quite busy these days with the Today's Cacher newsletter.

Thanks for all you do to contribute to this sport!

Hey El Devil! GREAT NEWS about your GD!!! I'm in for 25 bones. Sorry it can't be more but I'm tapped with X-mas approaching...Checks in the mail, you know I'm good for it!

Spzzmoose

PS. Tell your GD that Goofy is not a dog! He's just a really, REALLY ugly human! Dogs can't drive cars! LOL!! Tell her I said hello!

:lol::lol::(:):(