Frustrated Trying To Download Waypoints

Tacguy

I cannot figure out how to download the waypoints from seraches that I do on waypoints (benches or caches) to my new Garmin GPSmap 60CS.

I tried to use the EasyGPS software, but there is not an option for the GPSmap 60CS so the connection will not work with the .loc files.

I tried to use the Waypoint manager included with the 60CS, but it says that it uses MPS files, whatever those are.

I Switched to this GPS because this has a USB connection.

What is the easy solution?

Thanks

I Switched to this GPS because this has a USB connection.

What is the easy solution?

Thanks

I third the suggestion, download and use GSAK, it is worth twice the money. You can export the waypoints from GSAK directly to your 60cs. Then you can send them to MapSource so you can get a visual on a map on your PC.

Then you will get all excited when you learn about paperless caching and go out and buy a Palm. Guess what? GSAK can send the same file to a Palm too. I mean does it get any better than that? Well it does when you use Cachemate on the Palm and log the caches and then send the logs to memo then hotsync and all the log data is back on the desktop. But that is anothen forum.

Good luck.

EasyMPS has a definite place in the world, but GPSBabel (and therefore GSAK) can write directly to .mps and/or directly to the GPS without bouncing it through another program. Yes, there are times when you WANT it on a map, but many times the extra step is unnecessary.

And I don't know which trouble "this trouble" is, but the primary test system of GPSBabel during the USB development was a Windows 98 system, so if "this trouble" has something to do with GPSBabel/GSAK, I'd need more info to track it down.

And GPSBabel is free in both senses

"Wornout" mentioned something about it being worth "twice the money", so I thought there might be a cost involved somewhere. Just offering another possible solution to a posted problem. If a user has a problem with GPSBabel, there is comfort in having a "Plan B" - and in this case it might be EasyMPS's place in the world.