We are happy to announce that as of November 15, 2004, Gilsson Technologies

will be shifting our efforts and resources to design, manufacturing and

wholesale distribution ONLY.  During the past three years, we have focused

on establishing GILSSON name brand recognition, and refining our product

designs with user and retailer feedback.  The transition from

manufacturing/retail to manufacturing/wholesale will allow us to better

serve our customers by further focusing our resources on product design and

manufacturing elements.  Sales/marketing efforts will be handled by our

capable and well-established retail/online dealers.

Effective Monday, November 15, 2004, Gilsson GPS products on our website

(http://www.gilsson.com) will be available for purchase at our MSRP

(Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price).  Even at our new MSRP price level,

our prices are still 20 to 40% below OEM prices.  Dealer/Wholesale orders

(at wholesale prices) are available through phone, email or fax.  New dealer

applications are welcome.

If you're thinking of ordering an antenna from them do it now as buying from their Canadian retailer Prairie Geomatics is more then double the cost.

Price from Gilsson's webstore is $32.48CDN at todays exchange rate including S&H. Prairie Geomatics price would be $59 + $10 S&H for a total of $69 which is $36.52 more.

I've ordered from Gillsson before and did not have any Duty or Brokerage fees added on. Their products are first rate too.

One of the guys in our local Ham Radio Club bought a box of these things, surplus. They don't say Gilsson on them, but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.

I presume they'd only be of interest to those who had a GPSr with an external antenna input... mine doesn't (that I can see anyhow-- Garmin eTrex legend)

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I can put you in touch with him.

Cheers,

cz

One of the guys in our local Ham Radio Club bought a box of these things, surplus. They don't say Gilsson on them, but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.

I presume they'd only be of interest to those who had a GPSr with an external antenna input... mine doesn't (that I can see anyhow-- Garmin eTrex legend)

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I can put you in touch with him.

Cheers,

cz

I would be interested in a couple of them, where about are you?

I've been thinking about getting one for a while, and after reading this forum, I checked gpsgeek.com this morning and they still showed as $19.49 US (plus shipping) there. Ordered one. Used Paypal and crossed my fingers. I received a confirmation email before noon, so, I guess I got one at the old price. I should know for sure in a few days if/when it arrives via snail mail. Thanks for the tip!

<_<

I ordered a 16' cable on my antenna. I wanted it for using in the van on trips and wasn't sure how much cable I'd want for tucking it out of the way. Go big or go home I guess. Besides using it in the van, I figure I'll use it in the winter, to attach the antenna to my pack strap, then tuck the 60C inside my jacket to keep it and the batteries warm. Cold shouldn't bother the antenna too much.

The gpsgeek website is still showing them at $19.49 as of Saturday morning.

Mike

I got the 16 ft too. The coax is really small diameter so it coils up fairly small and doesn't take up much room. I used mine on a van trip this fall and it was nice to able to pass the unit around to different people for a look without having to worry about losing lock if it got to far from a window.

Can you guys tell me what model of GPRs you use that obviously have an external antenna input jack??

I have 2 antennas now, one permanently mounted on the truck and the other is on the car. I want to permanently route the coax on that one also as it sometimes gets pulled and scratches the paint with the magnet, does not matter much on the old car at this time. Was thinking of picking up a third that would be able to go to rental cars when work sent me out. We use the antennas with a Garmin GPS 12CX and a Garmin eMap. Usually the 12CX is ok inside a vehicle, but the eMap seems to lose satellite lock quickly in the vehicle. I was able to get both from eBay for $15.95US each plus shipping (combined shipping), I think I paid $35 - $40US total for both, cannot remember what the shipping cost me.

Noticed it was an old plate, did not look at the date. I am a ham myself VA3-STE. Trying to get my better half to get her license also.

Thanks for the info - ordered one last night for the 60 CS. For 1/4 of what the Garmin model would have set me back it is a great deal!! I got the 9' cord which is a little long for the car but 3' seemed to short. Anyone else go shorter or longer?

Now let's see if it shows up at my door!!

11 days later, still no sign of it showing up!! <_<

Thanks for the info - ordered one last night for the 60 CS. For 1/4 of what the Garmin model would have set me back it is a great deal!! I got the 9' cord which is a little long for the car but 3' seemed to short. Anyone else go shorter or longer?

I have a 16ft which I used with my GPS V. It's fine in the car but requires a little creative coiling and storage of excess cable when using hiking. For that reason I bought a 3 footer to use with my new 76C. I glued velcro to its base and mount it on top of my backpack. I run the cable along the shoulder strap and down to my GPSr which hangs from the strap inside a carrying case. There's enough slack to allow lots of movement. The nicest thing is not having to walk the trails looking like the statute of Liberty trying to get a better satellite signal. :lol:

11 days later, still no sign of it showing up!!

Probably got delayed during the UPS strike in Canada.

Thanks for the info - ordered one last night for the 60 CS.  For 1/4 of what the Garmin model would have set me back it is a great deal!!  I got the 9' cord which is a little long for the car but 3' seemed to short.  Anyone else go shorter or longer?

Now let's see if it shows up at my door!! :grin:

Showed up today - 16 days for "Air Mail" delivery!! At least it did show up, I was getting worried!!

Thanks for the info - ordered one last night for the 60 CS.  For 1/4 of what the Garmin model would have set me back it is a great deal!!  I got the 9' cord which is a little long for the car but 3' seemed to short.  Anyone else go shorter or longer?

Now let's see if it shows up at my door!! :grin:

Showed up today - 16 days for "Air Mail" delivery!! At least it did show up, I was getting worried!!

Must of flown via the south pole. :blink::huh::grin:

Just ordered one a few moments ago and received the shipping confirmation.  Now the waiting game.

Ray

maritimes, Canada

YAHOOOOOOO......15 days later...... I finally recieved my antenna today. Much smaller than I imagined, which is good, and the coax is very small in diameter, gotta like that. The antenna with 16' of coax will fit in the palm of your hand. :P

I've been using an external antenna from PC Mobile for over a year now with great results. At $27.95US plus shipping, they are also now cheaper than the Gilsson. They are also less obtrusive without any logo. I have the GAS76X which seems to be getting phased out in favour of the smaller GAST3X.

Edited by ElectroQTed