Geocaching On Ebay!

......and someone is bidding on it.

I checked a few weeks ago and there was someone selling a hollowed out log complete with film canister. Had an interesting design which allowed the end of the log to be covered over too. How difficult would that be to find, especially if hidden in a wood!!

Bet the postage on that was pricey!

As it happens Dave from Flint is entirely innocent as it's Dave from Cambs. (me). :unsure:

Seeing as there are more cachers than caches in the UK and most active cache hiders have several caches, that means an awful lot of lazy sods are enjoying caching without putting anything back into it, so if an easy to do micro gets them more into the spirit of the sport (is it a sport or just a pasttime?) can it realy be a bad thing, chances are when a few logs start coming back by email they'll be more likely to hide a regular cache.

I have a load spare due to seting up a multi/puzzle cache in a local piece of ancient woodland with with 10 micros and 3 possible routes to the ammo box, each route will have 5 or 6 micros, so watch out for "Up yer Hertzog".

Don't go for the approach of 'buy them up to get them out of the way' as it will only encourage me to put more on ebay (I have 320 film pots!!! ;) ) as when asking for some from the local processing shop they handed over a huge bagful (I only wanted 12 B) ) Doh!

So there you have it, a full confession from the guilty party, all hate-mail will be responded to (by sulking profusely).

Who lives in Flint and has the first name Dave I wonder

Hey! B) I don't live in Fflint ;), but about 13 miles further down the coast, my multi is closer to Fflint than I am (no cache advertising ;)). Maybe we should have a poll to see how many take up caching after seeing items on ebay B). Oh and a further clue to were I live, I've done the my home town cache ;). Besides I'm the burning cacher, I've nearly finnished the clock fo the Mark the Cat CIN event B), should raise all of 30p B) .

An insulted Dave (not from Fflint, and defiantly not selling on ebay) :unsure:B)

Edited by Mancunian Pyrocacher

Does anybody know any accurate stats for the UK as it would be interesting to see, even if it does prove me horribly wrong :ph34r: .

Geocachuk stats shows 6380 Cachers. this includes people from overseas that have found a UK cache and a considerable number that have used a profile to place a cache but don't use them for logging finds.

Can't remember the total number of caches, but about 4000 springs to mind.

Pinguman is now trading as "Nellies Knackers"

As it's both me and the Mrs. putting lots of time into our nearly ready cache I thought we should have a 'team' username rather than just mine.

Nelly (nelson) is the dog by the way and wood green animal shelter have been in possesion of said dangly articles for nearly 14 years now although I doubt they kept them.( I didn't ask!)

This was always the pub quiz team name so........

That is a joke, can't say that i'll be placing a bid for that one... :yikes:

Go on Dan, if you are very good I will sell you a link to this excellent website that I have spent literally seconds finding, Buckscaching.com!!!

If somebody will pay for it, somebody will be willing to sell it on EBay!

:yikes: I once say a T***o carrier bag and an empty L****ade botle for sale on E-Bay so have decided to raid my wheelie bin.

Any takers for a chinese takeout aluminium container, complete with reflective cardboard lid to retain the heat? before I put it on buy now for £30.00 and a reserve price for £29.99 (gotta be a bargain!!)