Pocket Query

Mr'D

Hi,

I want to run a query that will bring up all my cache finds.

My current query works fine until I get to a few of my 'locationless' caches.

What criteria does one need to show in the query, to show caches over the apparent 500 mile radius limitation please?

Jon

Thanks,

I can't figure this out. A locationless cache has no co-ords, but when I import my 'locationless' finds query into GSAK, they are giving me distances from my home of 3500 miles odd ( I am in UK) . GC566B is an example.

I set the pocket query:

500 caches

Any type

Any container

I have found

Within (tried both UK and none selected)

From (tried postcode and none selected)

Within radius (500 mi appears the max)

Leaving 'from' blank returns:

"You need to choose a point of origin, state or country in your search"

Any ideas, or shall I give up as I only have 4 locationless caches anyway?

Jon

You should choose country or state options to get your finds, instead of by distance.

Jeremy, I am trying to run a PQ that will generate all locationless caches. Your suggestion does not work for me because (1) I still only get those whose fake "Country" property are for that country and (2) "United States" is not on the list of countries.

You should choose country or state options to get your finds, instead of by distance.

Jeremy, I am trying to run a PQ that will generate all locationless caches. Your suggestion does not work for me because (1) I still only get those whose fake "Country" property are for that country and (2) "United States" is not on the list of countries.

Select the "by state" option (or whatever it is) click on the first choice, scroll to the bottom of the list and then "shift-click" on the last choice to highlight the entire field.

Awsome. I had no idea that the PQ generator would accept more than one country or state at a time. I tried it and it definitely works. With two PQs I can get all the locationless caches (first those listed as being in "countries", and then the ones in "states/provinces").

Thanks.