Anybody Know Rev13?

Criminal

Or this fellow:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....de-fd51309f5f66

I did just go to his profile and note that he actually visited the site this January. So there is a just a gleam of hope. So I emailed him yet again.

There may be hope, but please don't hold your breath.

LOL yeah I know! But that bug doesn't have any miles yet on it and came out of my archived Cherry Cache. This guy was the FTF for that. Never went out caching again. Don't know hwat his story is.

Oh ho! Boy, am *I* slow! I read this note back when it was initially posted, and I remember thinking that this username sounded familiar, but I didn't know why. I just now realized which Travel Bug you are talking about. It just so happens to be on my list of TBs which need "logging fixes." My daughters were with me when I received it from ohjoy! at the Shoreline Pool cache, but I failed to log finds for them. I've been waiting for this person to drop it into a cache so that I can log their finds.

I don't recall if I sent mail to this user or not. I know that I haven't heard from him/her. :anibad:

Oh ho! Boy, am *I* slow! I read this note back when it was initially posted, and I remember thinking that this username sounded familiar, but I didn't know why. I just now realized which Travel Bug you are talking about. It just so happens to be on my list of TBs which need "logging fixes." My daughters were with me when I received it from ohjoy! at the Shoreline Pool cache, but I failed to log finds for them. I've been waiting for this person to drop it into a cache so that I can log their finds.

I don't recall if I sent mail to this user or not. I know that I haven't heard from him/her. :lol:

Does this mean you have the bug? I'm not sure what you mean by

It just so happens to be on my list of TBs which need "logging fixes." 
Oh ho!  Boy, am *I* slow!  I read this note back when it was initially posted, and I remember thinking that this username sounded familiar, but I didn't know why.  I just now realized which Travel Bug you are talking about.  It just so happens to be on my list of TBs which need "logging fixes."  My daughters were with me when I received it from ohjoy! at the Shoreline Pool cache, but I failed to log finds for them.  I've been waiting for this person to drop it into a cache so that I can log their finds.

I don't recall if I sent mail to this user or not.  I know that I haven't heard from him/her.  :lol:

Does this mean you have the bug? I'm not sure what you mean by

It just so happens to be on my list of TBs which need "logging fixes." 

Hey, Criminal...

Sounds like he has the bug, but was waiting for Rev13 to log the last drop. Totem Lake's suggestion should work for you both.

BTW, we missed you Saturday night at Godfather's...another time.

Edited by GeoDiver

No no no no no. I *had* the bug a long time ago. I ended up passing it on (via the Translucent Blue cache, if I recall correctly) to k7-wave. It was much later that I realized that I had not logged finds for my daughters. At that time I noticed that it had been "picked up" by Rev13. Since then I've been waiting for it to be re-dropped into a cache. (I've had to fix abount 8 TB finds this way so far.)

I wait for it to be in a cache because then I can re-drop it into the cache, and it doesn't mess up the distance that the TB has traveled, and because I don't know how I could possibly re-place it into so-and-so's hands.

Sorry, but I do NOT (I repeat NOT) have the missing Travel Bug. If I did, I certainly would not have waited months to log my find!

I suppose I should further explain "logging fixes".

When any of my daughters are with me out caching where I find and/or drop a Travel Bug, I credit them with a "find" of the TBs involved. When I first started caching, just over a year ago, I didn't have a good handle on doing this. I since learned that the simplest technique is to:

a. Drop the bugs I put into the cache "in" the cache.

b. Log in on to one daughter's account.

c. Log finds of all of the involved TBs.

d. Log a find (or a note) for the cache, and drop all of the TBs back into

the cache.

e. If another daughter was there, go back to step b.

f. Log back in to my account.

g. Log finds of the TBs I took from the cache.

The issue with this TB (and 4 others still) is that I only logged my own find.

Does this make sense, or is it still too confusing?

No no no no no. I *had* the bug a long time ago. I ended up passing it on (via the Translucent Blue cache, if I recall correctly) to k7-wave. It was much later that I realized that I had not logged finds for my daughters. At that time I noticed that it had been "picked up" by Rev13. Since then I've been waiting for it to be re-dropped into a cache. (I've had to fix abount 8 TB finds this way so far.)

I wait for it to be in a cache because then I can re-drop it into the cache, and it doesn't mess up the distance that the TB has traveled, and because I don't know how I could possibly re-place it into so-and-so's hands.

Sorry, but I do NOT (I repeat NOT) have the missing Travel Bug. If I did, I certainly would not have waited months to log my find!

When any of my daughters are with me out caching where I find and/or drop a Travel Bug, I credit them with a "find" of the TBs involved. When I first started caching, just over a year ago, I didn't have a good handle on doing this. I since learned that the simplest technique is to:

the cache.

Looks like this was devised by an engineer to me. :lol:

the cache.

OK, for those of us with short attention spans, does this mean that K7 has it?

I'm confused :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

Um, I suggest looking at the TB log. That's the best source of information *I* have.

I had mentioned having this TB to k7-wave, and he had reasons of his own for wanting to find it, so I placed it into one of his caches. According to the log, he subsequently placed it into the Barbie cache, where it was retrieved by Rev13.

Now, I *suppose* that there is a possibility that k7-wave has split personality disorder, and it is within the realm of possibility (isn't it?) that Rev13 is an alter-ego of k7-wave... but I sincerely doubt it.

The upshot is that I think that Rev13 either has it, or *had* it, but failed to log a drop.

I recall that early on I did not know how to log a TB find if the TB was not listed on the cache web page. I can only hope that this is the case here as well.

Two of the first three TBs that I dropped vanished from sight. One (the "Shuttle Enterprise") was taken, and noted in the log book, but has not been "seen" since. The other (Captain SITC) eventualy "magically" showed up a few months later in California!

C&P from another post I made...

You don't say if, or how, you tried to contact them, but from personal experiance with both the PM feature of the forum and the e-mail feature in the site, both can be a little funky.

Still, if you haven't tried both you probably should.

One other thing I thought about is if you are using the e-mail feature, and for some reason the e-mail address they are using is being intercepted as 'spam' by either their mail client or their ISP, they may not be seeing the messages...that's why I'd at least try the PM feature.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but thought I'd throw it out anyway. :D

I had mentioned having this TB to k7-wave, and he had reasons of his own for wanting to find it, so I placed it into one of his caches. According to the log, he subsequently placed it into the Barbie cache, where it was retrieved by Rev13.

Now, I *suppose* that there is a possibility that k7-wave has split personality disorder, and it is within the realm of possibility (isn't it?) that Rev13 is an alter-ego of k7-wave... but I sincerely doubt it.

Nope, no alter-egos here! I just wanted to log the bug since I was once a crew member in the organization it represented.

I dropped it in Barbie Cache on Bainbridge island on Feb 29th. This was during the Chilly Hilly bicycle event. I carried the bug in my seat pack along with the GPSr. The first food stop was in this park so before refueling I went to find the cache. While I had the box open two individuals came along with a GPSr. It was xtracache (who had already found the cache) showing a buddy how to geocache. Apparently they didnt take the bug or log that day. Rev13 mentioned in his log that he was an experienced geocacher from a year prior so he wouldn't have been xtracache's buddy.

I was disappointed that this bug never moved again, especially after Rev13's enthusiastic writeup on the bug page. This is not something you could ever replace since the organization it symbolized ceased to exist a dozen years ago.

To add a little hope this morning I noticed that one of my son's TBs hadn't gone missing but someone had been holding onto for 8 months. Sent him an e-mail and a few minutes later heard back from him and after a couple more e-mails clarifying which TB he has promised to release it later this week.

Have you contacted Rev13? Maybe he has a reason for holding onto it for so long. Maybe he's been in a bar a really long time and he's really depressed because he has no job and no woman and he's parking cars for a living! :D