The 2005 Midwest Geobash

Bjorn74

Will the mobile unit be making trips to the North side? Otherwise, how's that gonna help us North area folks?

My motor home is 37' so once setup (slides out, hooked up etc) not too easy to move around!

All are welcome to stop by and log your finds! Site 53s. Or we can set up times that I will be there. Any Ideas?

Also please note that IF the site does not have a clear southern exposure, may not be able to get the signal. Description says full sun, so that is encouraging.

Looking forward to our first event and meeting people.

Don't worry about the southern exposure thing. I'll bring a chain-saw :lol:

Guess you get to make a new friend?

I was asking because I thought it would be nice to have a connection available for the Paperless Caching clinic I'm doing at the Pavillion on Saturday. That's on the Northside. We'll make do without and use offline paging :lol: !

I will have to check out DNR&R2's setup, tho, on the Southside. Sounds cool.

Northside, Southside ... Sounds like we gotta geocity of our own!

Looking forward to meeting everybody (well almost everybody).

And oh yeh! I wanna party with this Stunod chainsaw dude :lol: !

Edited by BVCY Swim
Don't worry about the southern exposure thing. I'll bring a chain-saw :lol:

Good thing ODNR is on our side! If this had anything to do with SC we'd all be in trouble!

On the other hand, Ohio is clear cutting a huge area of Ash trees to prevent the Ash Borer from making the trip south from MI. Your Saw might even be welcome.

BVCYSwim, you don't want to meet me? I figured you'd try to steal GirlGeek away from me... again.

Flamingo costumes might not hurt, but remember that in the tropical climate of the southern states, it might get rather warm, so take hint from Keystone and wear a block of ice on your head.

I need to reaffirm Trippy's note to the MiGO contingent... The Air In Ohio IS Breathable. No need for Oxygen tanks.

And wait till you see next year's bird. It won't be quite so easy to theme up on it.

let me guess..........rubber chickens. :lol:

Indeed. When I get a second, I'm going to post the coin proofs. We got the proofs from the manufacturer and they look great. Pretty much just like the concepts (no suprise there). Should be coming in plentay of time for the event.

There are still coins available for those who want 'em.

Trippy didn't mention that there's going to be a super cool way to get the activation code online through www.GeocoinClub.com. If you're picking up a large quantity, for other people it won't be hard to split them up.

23 days left! Are you coming?

.... Have to find more snickerdoodles.

Forget the cookies!

You've seen the recipe magnets, now try the real thing! :lol:

Just be sure to stop by Campsite 118N Friday night after 6PM for a dish of

:DCincinnati Style Chili :o

with all the fixings, your choice from 2-way chili to 5-way chili!

I'll be there for the chili!! :lol: I FINALLY found my magnet after the move. It was this moment of bliss.

"What's in this box?"

"Dunno."

"What's this junk?"

"HOLY CRUD!!! IT'S MY CINCY CHILI MAGNET!!!!""

*Strange look from wife*

*First magnet on new fridge*

lol. Didn't do much for marital bliss, but it made it home again :D

I see that people are unsubscribing from the event. Is that due to the flood of bug drops? I think we've added 50 people in the last two days.

See you all on Friday and Saturday. Stop by Site 100, 101, or 102 and say "Hi." Or maybe the site I end up with on Thursday when I play Hollywood Squares.

"I want 98 for the block and the Win!"

"Circle Gets the Square!"

Since I live near GeoBash, I've been asked some questions, mainly if there's grocery stores or Walmarts nearby.

There are two Walmarts. One in Bryan, and one in Wauseon. Either is about 15 minutes or so away. As far as the nearest town that might have grocery supplies, there is Montpelier, West Unity, or Pioneer. I'm not sure about Fayette, which the nearest town. It's been awhile since we've actually been up there for anything.

Since I live near GeoBash, I've been asked some questions, mainly if there's grocery stores or Walmarts nearby.

There are two Walmarts.  One in Bryan, and one in Wauseon.  Either is about 15 minutes or so away.  As far as the nearest town that might have grocery supplies, there is Montpelier, West Unity, or Pioneer.  I'm not sure about Fayette, which the nearest town.  It's been awhile since we've actually been up there for anything.

I posted this in a note to the event, but may as well duplicate it here.

Google Local does better than I was doing with the tools I have.

Restaurants

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&sa=G...ry:+Restaurants

Groceries

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&sa=G...+Grocery+Stores

Gasoline

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&sa=G...ervice+Stations

Edited by Bjorn74

Coming up from Kentucky for the weekend. Though Fried Chicken is a Kentucky favorite, don't forget about another not-so-famous southern treat: BBQ Flamingo. Flamingos are on of the few flightless birds out there. Thats why they are good to eat. Why waste your time trying to shoot them down when you can just walk up to them and bonk them on the head? The best way to lure flamingoes is to have a trail of shrimp to the grill. This way you'll end up with BBQ flamingo and shrimp all in one shot.

The recipe:

3lbs. Frozen Shrimp

1 Flamingo

3 tbsp. salt

5 Cloves of garlic

3 tbsp. BBQ Sauce

Instructions:

1. Throw shrimps on the bah-bee(grill). This should lure the Flamingo out.

2. As the flamingo is eating, push it into the grill. Add the salt and garlic.

3. Baste with BBQ sauce every 10 minutes.

4. Let it cook for 2-3 hours. Serve on a side of Flamingo feather for decoration.

Serves 5-8 people. Enjoy. :blink: